ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Ford Vs Ferrari trailer
Deberg_1990 09:12 PM 06-02-2019
OK, i know absolutely nothing about this story, but the trailer looks kickass.

im in!

[Reply]
wheeler08 09:32 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah some of the history was off. Miles wasn't there the first year but did race in LeMans the next year but didn't finish due to a gearbox issue. Old man Ferrari wasn't at the race. Ford engineers built the GT40. Shelby modified it when it got to America. No evidence that Ford didnt want Miles. The putting in the new brakes during the race was real. So they studied the rule book but didnt know the consequences of the tie would rob Miles of the tie for the win?

And the photos and video of the time, it doesnt even look like the Ford's even crossed the finish line at the same time.

The movie shows the car coming off the plane and Shelby says it just got here. From Europe I think is what he says. Then he modified the hell out of it
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:47 PM 11-23-2019
https://nationalpost.com/entertainme...-dead-and-gone
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 AM 11-24-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
https://nationalpost.com/entertainme...-dead-and-gone

It's a period film, Yeah, that era sucked for women. It was wrong to not include women. But, it was systemic in that era, women were excluded from business and racing. Was the film supposed to come to a stop and have a man stand up in the board room and ask where the women are? That didnt happen and is not the focus of this film.

Civil rights marches and people were dying because of the color of their skin, people were dying in Vietnam, Why didn't they include that too?

This is generally what happened with the focus of this film. All those other topics are great to explore and illuminate our checkered past, in another film, not this one.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 11-24-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
The movie shows the car coming off the plane and Shelby says it just got here. From Europe I think is what he says. Then he modified the hell out of it
I wasn't insinuating Shelby was just a project manager. Just the fact that Ford engineers built the original design and car.

But, without Shelby and his engineering teams modifications, they don't win LeMans. And as we know now, Shelby knew how to build a race car. That $90 million number is like $800 million in today's $'s. Only Ford had that kind of money.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up