ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Noise tomorrow
F150 09:59 AM 01-18-2020
Sounds like the broadcasters will be watching noise levels closely and a bunch of Titan fans are speculating the Chiefs won't have the regulars on hand and noise will be less of a factor.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:30 AM 01-18-2020
This sounds like a challenge for the crowd.
[Reply]
wazu 10:30 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Just a thought Ive had this season, I wonder if the crowd noise affects our communication of Defense? Seems like Spags D, to really excel, relies quite a bit of communication. Maybe a little reason, when it seems we play better on the road, than at home? Anyway, if I was going to the game, I would yell my loudest, regardless.
The defense is encouraging it all game so I’d say they’re good. Stadium display goes crazy asking for louder all game. And announcer goes out of his way to announce “It’s THIRD DOWN” which usually gets people to kick it up a notch.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:31 AM 01-18-2020
Dang -- the current weather forecast is quite a bit colder.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:34 AM 01-18-2020

ya we cant' get loud.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:36 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
What does "won't have the regulars on hand" mean?

Anyway, it's harder to make noise when it's cold, people need to take their gloves off when we're on defense and keep the noise levels up.
Nah,back when I was a STH you kept your gloves on and pounded on the seats.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:37 AM 01-18-2020
Meh. Not really thinking it would be different than any other regular season game in the Reid era that doesn't feature Dallas / Green Bay / Minnesota (apparently) / Pittsburgh as the away team.
[Reply]
jettio 10:38 AM 01-18-2020
I think Chiefs being a surprise #2 seed and upset of Ravens and unplanned location of AFC Championship at Arrowhead are factors that made a lot of tickets available for Titans fans, who have not had any home games this postseason.

There was an article yesterday saying that Titans fans are expected to have 20-25% of the seats tomorrow.

This Chiefs team does not need excessive stadium noise to win.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:40 AM 01-18-2020
Na, there's no way. I could buy that 25% of resale tickets are going to Titans fans, but plenty of tickets never hit the resale market.
[Reply]
underEJ 10:51 AM 01-18-2020
Glove wearers, take a few quarters with you and a bottle of water. Drink the water then shove the quarters in the bottle and shake it. Great noise maker!
[Reply]
ILChief 11:03 AM 01-18-2020
I bought tickets for the divisional game because I assumed the AFC championship game would be in Baltimore. If we were the number one seed I would have waited for this. Living 400 miles away with kids, etc doesn’t make it feasible to go two weeks in a row
[Reply]
Lzen 11:07 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
What does "won't have the regulars on hand" mean?

Anyway, it's harder to make noise when it's cold, people need to take their gloves off when we're on defense and keep the noise levels up.
Uuhhhh, yeah.... No. **** that!
[Reply]
Lzen 11:08 AM 01-18-2020
I don't have my normal voice as I have a bit of a throat cold. But you can be damn sure I'll give it what I got.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:26 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
There is only one thing that is going to lower the noise tomorrow and that isn't the weather.
Coats, hats and gloves will muffle some of the sound, but based on last weekend there is no reason to believe those attending won't bring the thunder.
The probably means a .5db loss.
[Reply]
wazu 11:30 AM 01-18-2020
It’s the AFC Championship. If every other factor goes against us it won’t matter. Titans will be on silent snap count all day, and probably struggling to even communicate when huddled.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 11:37 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I’m assuming “regulars” is a reference to regular Arrowhead fans. Can’t imagine why they would expect crowd to be any different than last week.
exactly...I dont get to attend much but I am going tomorrow. Voice box and lungs are well rested.
I hope I am sitting behind Tenn fans. I dont want a Chiefs fan go deaf on my account.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up