ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Not gonna lie, If the Chiefs win on Sunday...
Carlota69 01:18 PM 01-17-2020
...Im gonna cry like a girl.

I am a girl, so it works out in my favor, but man, the eyes begin to well just thinking about the boys FINALLY going to the Super Bowl.

I may just watch this game at home, with no one except my dog, and even then I may put her doggy day care just so she doesn't have to witness my emotions on Sunday...Good or Bad.

Anyone else bringing the kleenex to the watch game? Anyone else watching this game alone?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:40 PM 01-17-2020
I will cry... then not cancel my trip to Miami!
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:51 PM 01-17-2020
Right there with ya Carlota

My kids are gonna have to console me the whole way home. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 PM 01-17-2020
ill probably cry in pregame

that's what i did last year

when i am really going to be a mess is surrounded by friends when someone is belting out the anthem in miami
[Reply]
stevieray 10:56 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
I won't lie. I was telling my mom on the phone how great it would be to see Clark holding that trophy bearing his dad's name. Mid sentence, I had to take a moment to gather myself because I had a rush of emotions that almost brought tears to my eyes. If I'm lucky enough to see that, I really do think that particular moment is going to tug on my heart strings.
I was fortunate enough to tell Gracie Hunt, that ultimately, what I wanted was to see her Dad raise her Grandpa's trophy in the air @ Arrowhead.

This was before Baltimore got beat and the chance of that happening seemed slim, but still possible.

It's time, brother.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I was fortunate enough to tell Gracie Hunt, that ultimately, what I wanted was to see her Dad raise her Grandpa's trophy in the air @ Arrowhead.

This was before Baltimore got beat and the chance of that happening seemed slim, but still possible.

It's time, brother.
I wish I had talked to her more.

Her perspective on grandpa Lamar would have been interesting.
[Reply]
Matrix 11:17 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
No man should ever ball over a sporting event. The players don’t even do that.

Nor should he shout profanities or yell but I’m guilty of that so I’ll let it slide.
:-)

You're gonna have some tears if the Chiefs win. I guarantee it.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:20 PM 01-17-2020
There's no crying in football.
[Reply]
Carlota69 02:02 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
True...Until hopefully Sunday :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:40 AM 01-18-2020
Over the course of the past week I've decided I'm going to stay home and celebrate with my dog instead of spending $80 with Uber like last year.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:44 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I know I will be shedding tears with the other Phoenix group members on Sunday if we win and I could care less.

I think I am more excited to GET there than to win it. Anyone else feel that way?
The prospect of winning the Lamar Hunt Trophy at Arrowhead, with Clark hoisting it and all the fans and stuff...shit there will be so many man tears it will be impossible for me not to lose it.

Getting to the SB is almost...ALMOST as important as winning it. But for now, just the thought of that trophy being given to us at Arrowhead...I'm misty eyed already.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:51 AM 01-18-2020
I will bawl like a baby.

Like I did when Hosmer was safe and we all knew, at that moment that we were going to win even though it wasn't officially done; it was inevitable in that moment.

Whenever that moment happens for the Chiefs, all the years of futility will have been worth it; they'll make the moment more.

And if there are more (and there probably will be with Mahomes) they'll be sweet too, but nothing will compare to that FIRST one. For all the guys that toiled here and never got there, and for all the fans that have gone a lifetime now of heartbreak.
[Reply]
Katie 08:32 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
We were going to go out but decided to host a few friends and family as I thought I've had my KC/NFL themed game room for 21 years now and it would only to be right to be there if they bring it home.
Watching this at your place....priceless!
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:38 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Katie:
Watching this at your place....priceless!
Thanks dear.

As I said earlier if the team advances I'm going to put together a Super Bowl Bash Weekend and invite some old CPer's(including you guys) because hey how many Chiefs Planet memories have been made in the game room.

[Reply]
alanm 08:43 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Baseball. :-) I'll be ecstatic if they win. And mostly relieved. I'll save the tears til the SB.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:27 PM 01-18-2020
I think I might be able to keep it together, but if Clark has even a single tear in his eyes when he receives the trophy with his dad's name on it, I will probably lose it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up