ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones practicing Friday [is ACTIVE]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:55 AM 01-17-2020
I’m sure it’s limited, but this is very positive.

https://twitter.com/herbieteope/stat...219580417?s=21
[Reply]
staylor26 12:44 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Instagram post by Jones from 20 mins ago seems to indicate he’s gonna play: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7eIvznA...d=fyyu5qm5r072
This along with the point dirk digler made are very good signs
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 01-18-2020
Don’t forget Clark kind of slipped up too
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:48 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Don’t forget Clark kind of slipped up too
Yep something about he couldn’t wait to see Jones out there Sunday...

He’s gonna dress for sure I think. I’m guessing snap count. Probably play on all 3rd and 5+ for certain.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:55 PM 01-18-2020
Instagram post by Jones from 20 mins ago seems to indicate he’s gonna play: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7eIvznA...d=fyyu5qm5r072
Is that Clay with Jones junk in his face?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:57 PM 01-18-2020
Super excited that he was actually LP on Friday. He probably plays.
You sure are reading a lot into a picture though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:00 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yeah, that's what does not make sense here. Why trot him in front of the media if he won't play?

Yep + his Instagram post = he is playing. I agree with pugs he will probably only play on passing downs.

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Is that Clay with Jones junk in his face?

I think it is.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:02 PM 01-18-2020
I am guessing he's probably a true game-time decision like he was last week. He's headed in the right direction based on Friday, but who knows.

Either he's ready this week or he's ready for the Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:29 PM 01-18-2020
Yep something about he couldn’t wait to see Jones out there Sunday...

He’s gonna dress for sure I think. I’m guessing snap count. Probably play on all 3rd and 5+ for certain.
Here's the problem w/ 3rd and 5-8.

They will STILL run the goddamn ball on 3rd down, especially at/near the 50 because I'm guessing they'll go for it on anything less than 4th and 4 if they're in Chiefs territory.

Vrabel is going to play balls to the walls on offense, IMO. If they think they can send Jones out there on 3rd downs and just pin his ears back, I think they're mistaken.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:10 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I actually think this is a positive because they rarely if ever put injured players who aren't playing in front of the media or do a PC like this.
You know what, you're right. If he didn't feel had a decent chance to play, he wouldn't want to be in front of the press right there.

I just didn't like his overall body language, or the repetitive nature of his initial scripted comments. Made me nervous. Still probably going to church tomorrow morning though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:13 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

They will STILL run the goddamn ball on 3rd down, especially at/near the 50 because I'm guessing they'll go for it on anything less than 4th and 4 if they're in Chiefs territory.

Vrabel is going to play balls to the walls on offense, IMO. If they think they can send Jones out there on 3rd downs and just pin his ears back, I think they're mistaken.
This is probably true. Vrabel will definitely run the ball on 3rd and 5+ in certain spots, IMO. I don't know how much he'll do it inside his own 40-yard line after seeing what Pat and Andy did last Sunday, but after that distance, I can see him rolling the dice, and often if he has some success early.

But I also think Spags knows this, and has been thinking about and working on some solves since week 10. So I'm not that worried. Yet.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:24 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

This ^
[Reply]
FAX 04:40 PM 01-18-2020
I agree with Mr. DJ's left nut in the sense that the Tacks are not a team for which you can roll out a "typical" or "normal" defensive game plan - 3rd down or no. It seems that Vrabel likes to call the early down shot-play, as well.

On the other hand, the Tacks have the same problem ... what defense do you play against the Chiefs when you don't have an elite pass rush?

IMO, turnovers will determine the outcome of this game. We had too many in the first contest. This time around, it's the Tacks' turn to cough it up.

Let's also pray that the officiating is fair and honest throughout. I noticed that Frank Clark mentioned the tendency of the Tacks o-line to hold. Hopefully, Wally will have a chat with the officiating crew prior to the game so we can get a fair shake in that respect.

FAX
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:41 PM 01-18-2020

My sense while in KC this week is that the #Chiefs coaches are not optimistic about the chances of Chris Jones playing as he’s done so little the past two weeks. https://t.co/mu6Qpf6W62

— Ed Werder (@WerderEdESPN) January 18, 2020

[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:57 PM 01-18-2020
Imagine a rested CJ in a super bowl though ��
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:59 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Get fucked ED
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up