ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones practicing Friday [is ACTIVE]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:55 AM 01-17-2020
I’m sure it’s limited, but this is very positive.

https://twitter.com/herbieteope/stat...219580417?s=21
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:48 PM 01-17-2020
He going to pull a willis reed play and inspire the team to win.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:37 AM 01-18-2020
I would love to see us go with a 5-man Dline with Jones over center. If he can't go then i'm ok with Pennel over center instead, it just reduces our rotation breaks.

Franks - Nnadi - Pennel - Saunder - Suggs

Now that is some run-stuffing power right there. :-)

The Titans have a good center that they use a lot in their running game. He doubles DTs, he chips the DT and goes in the 2nd level and blocks LBs. Jones is having a good year and has quick feet to stretch block.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:25 AM 01-18-2020
Man, I'm not sure he's going to be ready to go on Sunday. I'm seriously thinking about heading to the early assembly at church on Sunday before the game and pray he's ready to go.

[Reply]
TEX 07:55 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Man, I'm not sure he's going to be ready to go on Sunday. I'm seriously thinking about heading to the early assembly at church on Sunday before the game and pray he's ready to go.

Based on that video, Id bet he does not play if his body language is any indication. Dude seems very subdued, like he knows he probably cant go but is hoping he can. I could be wrong, but Im writing him off.
The Chiefs are gonna have to have a pass rush for when the Titans go play-action and if they manage to get them out if their game plan.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:04 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I would love to see us go with a 5-man Dline with Jones over center. If he can't go then i'm ok with Pennel over center instead, it just reduces our rotation breaks.

Franks - Nnadi - Pennel - Saunder - Suggs

Now that is some run-stuffing power right there. :-)

The Titans have a good center that they use a lot in their running game. He doubles DTs, he chips the DT and goes in the 2nd level and blocks LBs. Jones is having a good year and has quick feet to stretch block.
You don't want Jonesy over center. You want him in a gap. That's his strength. You want a Pennel or a Nnadi over center.
[Reply]
bsp4444 08:18 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Based on that video, Id bet he does not play if his body language is any indication. Dude seems very subdued, like he knows he probably cant go but is hoping he can. I could be wrong, but Im writing him off.
The Chiefs are gonna have to have a pass rush for when the Titans go play-action and if they manage to get them out if their game plan.
That’s the way it looks to me as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Based on Jones’ media availability today, I doubt he suits up. He didn’t exactly sound confident. He towed the company line and was not his usual jovial self.

Crossing fingers he plays...
The video released today says hes not playing. He cant even do a light jog. Hows he supposed to push back against 2 lineman at the same time that can bench 1000 lbs between them? They know which way the play is going too.

He may have the heart but that calf isn't going to allow him to do what he needs to do. Berry was a liability last year in the AFCCG. He was just a shell of what he had been, no need to repeat that mistake.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 01-18-2020, 08:48 AM
This message has been deleted by King_Chief_Fan.
Deberg_1990 08:51 AM 01-18-2020
Save him for the Packers or Niners
[Reply]
stevieray 08:56 AM 01-18-2020
How many big games has he missed now?

:-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:57 AM 01-18-2020

I see the post comparing Jones to Berry was wisely deleted...good on you...
[Reply]
PHOG 09:03 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:

I see the post comparing Jones to Berry was wisely deleted...good on you...
Exactly. :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:38 AM 01-18-2020
Hurts his stock a little if KC reaches the Superbowl without him.

He's been injured a few times during his initial contract. Should be able to leverage a lower number if he wants to stay on what looks to be a Superbowl team.

I mean, we come back from 24-0 in the divisional without him, and if we defeat a physical smashmouth titans team without him to go to the big one....i mean it will be proven at that point that hes a luxury and not a must have.

Especially for 15+ million per.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Hurts his stock a little if KC reaches the Superbowl without him.

He's been injured a few times during his initial contract. Should be able to leverage a lower number if he wants to stay on what looks to be a Superbowl team.

I mean, we come back from 24-0 in the divisional without him, and if we defeat a physical smashmouth titans team without him to go to the big one....i mean it will be proven at that point that hes a luxury and not a must have.

Especially for 15+ million per.
A) Aim higher. He's likely looking at $20+ million when all is said and done.

B) Yes, we won without him, but his absence was noticeable. For as badly as we abused Houston's tackles, Watson was often able to find space to move forward because the interior wasn't getting pressure.

From a 1,000 mile view - the Chiefs didn't need him last week. But from a micro level, his absence was CLEARLY noticeable.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:50 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A) Aim higher. He's likely looking at $20+ million when all is said and done.

B) Yes, we won without him, but his absence was noticeable. For as badly as we abused Houston's tackles, Watson was often able to find space to move forward because the interior wasn't getting pressure.

From a 1,000 mile view - the Chiefs didn't need him last week. But from a micro level, his absence was CLEARLY noticeable.
I’m kinda with this. Yeah we won but we got virtually no pressure up the middle and it hurt at times.

The question becomes, what are we like with Chris Jones at $20M AAV vs. the 2-4 players that might replace that AAV if he is traded. Obviously we can’t be sure who those players will be, but let’s just pretend that it ends up being Kendall Fuller, Reggie Ragland, and a late 1st round draft pick in 2020. Maybe a day 2 pick in 2021 as well.

Odds are, that combo isn’t going to be near as impactful as Chris Jones. Really, the only way we lose in the situation is if injuries become a recurring issue for him, which is clearly possible.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:55 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m kinda with this. Yeah we won but we got virtually no pressure up the middle and it hurt at times.

The question becomes, what are we like with Chris Jones at $20M AAV vs. the 2-4 players that might replace that AAV if he is traded. Obviously we can’t be sure who those players will be, but let’s just pretend that it ends up being Kendall Fuller, Reggie Ragland, and a late 1st round draft pick in 2020. Maybe a day 2 pick in 2021 as well.

Odds are, that combo isn’t going to be near as impactful as Chris Jones. Really, the only way we lose in the situation is if injuries become a recurring issue for him, which is clearly possible.
And factor that we’re going to have replace his spot.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up