ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones practicing Friday [is ACTIVE]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:55 AM 01-17-2020
I’m sure it’s limited, but this is very positive.

https://twitter.com/herbieteope/stat...219580417?s=21
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:23 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
going from DNP to LP is definitely news.
Where is the article or whatever that shows he was LP today versus DNP yesterday. I have not seen such information.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:26 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I guess you didn't see the tweets with him around the other players and then also with Spags going through the stretching drills.
I don't know that the helmet means much it is just another part of the uniform at practice.
They have been checking his calf every day since he got hurt. That’s what you saw yesterday, the after it was checked stretches to help the calf loosen up.

Today is the first time it checked out well enough for him to practice.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I guess you didn't see the tweets with him around the other players and then also with Spags going through the stretching drills.
I don't know that the helmet means much it is just another part of the uniform at practice.
Dude, you’re wrong. This is different.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:30 PM 01-17-2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:34 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It was all the more satisfying to see Frank Clark get that sack on Brady this year. Seeing Ford and Houston get schemed out of the game entirely was disappointing, but opened the door to go get Clark. You can’t scheme a healthy Frank Clark out of the game.
You can scheme just about any edge rusher out of a game, it's just what penalty you're willing to pay to do it.

The nice thing is that Tannehill isn't precise enough to employ a short-passing game to great success. They'll need him to work downfield to jump the risk/reward factor a bit. So that should give Clark some shots at him.

But yes, Clark/Suggs should be FAR more impactful in this game than the Houston/Ford duo was against NE. Then again, the Raven's defensive front isn't full of stiffs. What the Titans OL has been able to do of late has been damn impressive. Those guys are playing incredibly well and perfectly in sync.

In a lot of ways, OL vs. DL is like a great pitcher vs. a great hitter. I think the OL has the upper hand pretty much every time if it executes, just as a great pitcher is unlikely to get beat by even the best hitter if he throws his best pitch.

If the Titans OL continues to play like they have been, this will be a brutal matchup for ANYONE. Including Clark/Suggs and even if Jones is healthy. But if they get anxious or if the DL can force them into spots where they have to foul to keep a play alive, that can make all the difference.

The Titans offense isn't built to overcome penalties so if the DL can make their presence known only by forcing the OL to be a bit more grabby than usual, that could make all the difference in the world.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:39 PM 01-17-2020
I’d be very careful with him. We saw what happened with Mark Ingram last week coming off 3 weeks rest with a calf injury.

We’re gonna need Pennel, Nnandi, Saunders and Williams on early downs. I’d use Chris on obvious passing downs and on red zone defense.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:04 PM 01-17-2020
Go get you some, Sacksquatch
[Reply]
xbarretx 01:04 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not going to get excited until he rapes is first lineman.
is that why there slogan is "titan-up" ? They know its coming and wont be able to stop it.

#OOF
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:15 PM 01-17-2020
Cautiously optimistic. Jones playing allows Spags a lot more versatility across the board. Makes the TEN OL have to think about a lot more things.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:17 PM 01-17-2020
We're probably a better team with Jones only in on obvious passing downs anyway.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:19 PM 01-17-2020
Reid says Jones was a limited participant, as expected
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:22 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Reid says Jones was a limited participant, as expected
I’m sure we’ll hear that he’s a game time decision as well on Sunday.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:25 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, the no-show from the DL in that game was more frustrating than anything else that happened in that game. I mean they did NOTHING.
Grandpa Bob and his Scooby Doo scheme....
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:30 PM 01-17-2020

Chris Jones says he’s day to day and exhausting all resources to get ready for Sunday

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) January 17, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:31 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Grandpa Bob and his Scooby Doo scheme....
Nah.

Sutton has a hand in the poor performance by the secondary, but that game wasn't even a situation where Brady was constantly getting the ball out before pressure could arrive.

He could've held the ball for 3-4 seconds and stayed clean. Bottom line was that the DL just didn't bring the energy that day. They were flat from the opening snap and were largely being stonewalled at the snap.

Sutton wears the goat horns for a fair number of things that happened last year but the no-show from Houston, Ford, Bailey and Jones was on them. They seemed to be of the belief that Brady was just going to release it too quickly for them to matter and they were simply taking noncompetitive snaps.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up