ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2019 Arrowhead Tailgating Thread****
luv 09:37 AM 09-20-2019
1/19/2019 - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - Gates open at 9am (or earlier if traffic is backed up)

Lzen and his crew will be at their normal spot, which is as close to G29 as possible. He is very good about posting the morning of to let everyone know where they ended up, so keep an eye out.

The Springfield/Topeka crew (including yours truly and 007) will be across the street from our usual spot in the median near F24. We will be in Lot N. I will try to get on the morning of to post the nearest lot marker once we get there. Long story short, we will be in along the road in Lot N across from F/24.

Last I talked to Monty, his crew will also be in Lot N, but closer to Gate 6. They will have the usual Chiefs flag and beer flag. He was feeling under the weather and unsure if he would be able to go, but I'm sure he'll keep us posted if he's going to be there.

As usual, grill space will be available (I'm sure the same is true at all tailgates). You are welcome to bring food items (side dishes are welcome, too) or barter for food with beer (or other adult beverages). I've never met anyone from this sight that wasn't actually really cool in real life, so don't let any possible beefs with anyone on here stop you from stopping by any of these tailgates. Also remember, there are others at these tailgates who do not post on this board. My crew knows what people mean when they come around looking for luv...lol. Just in case, though, my name is actually LeAnn.

ALSO, all of these tailgates are located on the end of the stadium that says ARROWHEAD (the other side says CHIEFS).
[Reply]
luv 12:49 PM 01-02-2020
Alright, y'all. Lets start filling in info. I assume it will be at the same spot we've had it the last few years. Let us know if you'll be there, what you're bringing (especially if you have a canopy, table, heater, etc. Let's start getting this thing organized!
[Reply]
Lzen 12:54 PM 01-02-2020
Got my normal tailgate group. We'll be near G29, as always. Any CPers wanna drop by and say hi, PM me or post here.
[Reply]
luv 02:43 PM 01-06-2020
With the popularity of the spot we've had for 20+ years seemingly gaining in popularity, we've had people from either our Springfield group or our Topeka group arrive early and have people walk in the gate to save a spot. I'm not sure of anyone from either group being able to arrive early enough to do that, so I know our group is planning on going in and getting as close to that spot as possible. If there was someone local who wanted to arrive early enough to go in and try to save our spot, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, it will be difficult to pinpoint exactly where to find us, other than someplace on that median.

Monty has mentioned trying to put something together in Lot N close to Gate 6, but I'm not sure of the status of that. As of right now, I'd say, if you're interested, head to our usual spot and look around. I know that, once Dedicated Fan arrives, there will be a Chiefs canopy, and we have a dark blue Academy Sports canopy that we'll probably set up as well.

If anything changes, I'll post it here, or Monty may be starting his own thread and you can go with that. We'll see.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:51 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
With the popularity of the spot we've had for 20+ seemingly gaining in popularity, we've had people from either our Springfield group or our Topeka group arrive early and have people walk in the gate to save a spot. I'm not sure of anyone from either group being able to arrive early enough to do that, so I know our group is planning on going in and getting as close to that spot as possible. If there was someone local who wanted to arrive early enough to go in and try to save our spot, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, it will be difficult to pinpoint exactly where to find us, other than someplace on that median.

Monty has mentioned trying to put something together in Lot N close to Gate 6, but I'm not sure of the status of that. As of right now, I'd say, if you're interested, head to our usual spot and look around. I know that, once Dedicated Fan arrives, there will be a Chiefs canopy, and we have a dark blue Academy Sports canopy that we'll probably set up as well.

If anything changes, I'll post it here, or Monty may be starting his own thread and you can go with that. We'll see.
Innnnnnnn for playoff fun!
[Reply]
Monty 06:10 AM 01-07-2020
Lot N near Gate 6 is the current plan, no need to have a new thread. This year is completely different from last year, so let’s just keep it organic and let those who want to show up can do so as they please at either location. I know Lot N is a bit of a trek for some, but since there isn’t an organized plan for the same location as last year, I’ve already committed to Lot N, but it should be a great party as it always is.:-)

The only thing we’re missing is Scottish Eggs and some of that Hot Apple Pie, but working on it!
[Reply]
luv 11:24 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monty:
Lot N near Gate 6 is the current plan, no need to have a new thread. This year is completely different from last year, so let’s just keep it organic and let those who want to show up can do so as they please at either location. I know Lot N is a bit of a trek for some, but since there isn’t an organized plan for the same location as last year, I’ve already committed to Lot N, but it should be a great party as it always is.:-)

The only thing we’re missing is Scottish Eggs and some of that Hot Apple Pie, but working on it!
Any identifiers I can add to the OP?
[Reply]
luv 11:26 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Got my normal tailgate group. We'll be near G29, as always. Any CPers wanna drop by and say hi, PM me or post here.
Any identifiers you'd like me to add to the OP?
[Reply]
Monty 04:55 PM 01-07-2020
Any identifiers I can add to the OP?
Look for the beer flag and the Tailgate Central sign just like last year. :-)

I'll create an image later to help with the directions.
[Reply]
Regime 06:12 AM 01-10-2020
I’m coming in from DC again for the game. Staying with my friends in KC. Just seeing who all is meeting up and where. I’ll try and stop by.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:48 AM 01-10-2020
Any identifiers you'd like me to add to the OP?
White canopy with white sides next to a Chiefs themed canopy with red and gold sides.

Red Kia Optima, blue SUV (I think it is a Chevy but I can't remember), and either a white Tahoe or or a small grey Buick SUV.

We haven't been able to get in early enough to get the G29 pole. But we usually are near there, usually a little closer to the main road that they direct the traffic down (north of G29, called Chiefs Way, I think).
[Reply]
Monty 10:56 AM 01-10-2020
White canopy with white sides next to a Chiefs themed canopy with red and gold sides.

Red Kia Optima, blue SUV (I think it is a Chevy but I can't remember), and either a white Tahoe or or a small grey Buick SUV.

We haven't been able to get in early enough to get the G29 pole. But we usually are near there, usually a little closer to the main road that they direct the traffic down (north of G29, called Chiefs Way, I think).
You’re not far from us, so we will make sure we send CPers your way and we will make it over as well. ��
[Reply]
Lzen 11:06 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Monty:
You’re not far from us, so we will make sure we send CPers your way and we will make it over as well. ��
:-) Fantastic! Just shout out Chiefs Planet! Or Lzen! Or perhaps just say "hey Chad!" :-)
[Reply]
Monty 11:08 AM 01-10-2020
:-) Fantastic! Just shout out Chiefs Planet! Or Lzen! Or perhaps just say "hey Chad!" :-)
Will do! :-)
[Reply]
luv 01:07 PM 01-10-2020
Updated the OP.

Well, while I'm on the upswing with the crud I've had, I'm not going to risk making it worse like I have in years past, so I'll be at home for this game. My boyfriend (we'll dub him "Wing Man") will be going up with my dad.

Part of our crew will be in line at the gate before 7am, so we're hoping to get our usual spot. Don't figure there will be too many people braving the weather to walk in early to save spots...lol.

Have fun you all, and GO CHIEFS!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:10 PM 01-10-2020
Weather permitting, Twisted and I should be there once again.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up