Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>Watchmen HBO
Sure-Oz 04:13 PM 05-08-2019
First teaser. Intrigued.

https://youtu.be/zymgtV99Rko
[Reply]
Bowser 09:15 PM 12-01-2019
That was good. Did NOT see that twist coming.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:05 AM 12-02-2019
Holy fuck. What did I just watch?

Also Lady Trieu's father is definitely Veidt, right?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:17 AM 12-02-2019
Also, is Veidt literally that statue (somehow)? Was he the thing that fell from the sky earlier in the season?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:04 AM 12-02-2019
Take a look at the lawman beating up the wrong guy. Oh man, wonder if he'll ever know he's in the best selling show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:44 AM 12-02-2019
Oh, and . . .

[Reply]
OlineDline 12:03 PM 12-02-2019
It still lacks the depth of meaningful relationships. Far too shallow so far.

I don't mind a slow build, but Lindelof is at his best when primary characters have relationships we truly care about.

Right now it's "duct tape" in that department.

I would not mind a bit of expansion on the antagonist, quite one-dimensional (pun intended).

King and Irons are carrying the show, and I actually have been disappointed in Smart so far.
[Reply]
banecat 12:14 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by OlineDline:
It still lacks the depth of meaningful relationships. Far too shallow so far.

I don't mind a slow build, but Lindelof is at his best when primary characters have relationships we truly care about.

Right now it's "duct tape" in that department.

I would not mind a bit of expansion on the antagonist, quite one-dimensional (pun intended).

King and Irons are carrying the show, and I actually have been disappointed in Smart so far.
You're the first person that I've heard not like how Smart's playing the character. I think that she's doing a great job of playing the hurt, broken, and jaded ex to a god. Her taking it out on everyone else is how I'd think that it'd go down if a god dumped someone
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:43 PM 12-09-2019
By far the best episode yet.

You sense this was the payoff of the central story the creators wanted to tell, even if it isn't finished yet.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:21 PM 12-09-2019
So I take it from their conversation in the bar that Dr. Manhattan is likely going to "die" but he's either going to pass on his powers to Angela and/or their potential child before it is over (or already has at some point in his lifespan).
[Reply]
FAX 05:06 PM 12-13-2019
Holy crap, sports fans!!!

I just watched Episode 7!!!

I can't believe what I found out!!!!

I'll watch #8 after I get some work accomplished so don't tell me anything!!!!

FAX
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:58 AM 12-16-2019
“That guy talks too much.”
“He surely fucking does.”

What a series.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:18 PM 12-16-2019
That was great...

I'm hoping it's renewed but won't be upset of it isn't with how it ended.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:53 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
That was great...

I'm hoping it's renewed but won't be upset of it isn't with how it ended.
Lindelof doesn’t see any need for a season 2 for now (although HBO’s money could get him to change his mind I suppose). I would tend to agree with him, they pretty much tied up all the loose ends and completed it as well as you could ask.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:27 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lindelof doesn’t see any need for a season 2 for now (although HBO’s money could get him to change his mind I suppose). I would tend to agree with him, they pretty much tied up all the loose ends and completed it as well as you could ask.
Yeah it definitely looks to be over. I want him to do more DC stuff.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:05 AM 12-21-2019
Watched it and was totally lost. Don't know anything about the source material and it seems that the series expects the viewer to have a fairly well developed understanding of the material. I'm not sure a second season would be necessary; a lot like Westwood (finished the first season, didn't care for the direction of the second) where there are so many reveals that anything else is going to seem redundant.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up