ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Media Center>Netflix: Mindhunter
Frazod 09:19 PM 10-16-2017
Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:17 PM 08-26-2019
I just finished episode 7 of Season 2, I don't know if the pace is quite as good season 1 later episodes when they started solving cases. Season 2 did keep my interest except for the lesbo stuff with the barmaid, I could of done without that character, she brings nothing to the table. It would been better is Dr. Wendy was bi and had an affair with Holden, or I even better Bill Tench and then they would of had the evil kid and the affair and Bill would of been really smoking his head off. I guess they have to stick with the book, and they don't want to freelance the story.

As far as Atlanta, I lived there for exactly one year, Nov 1987 to Nov 1988, I had moved there from Savannah, where I was living for six years. I liked Savannah, I knew all the clubs, great nightlife. In Atlanta I went to the Omni and saw Pink Floyd, for some reason I was underwhelmed. I use to go to a big disco called Scenarios off of I-85, it was huge and had 3 dance floors, but hard to meet some of the woman. I dated a girl in Cumming, about 40 miles north of Atlanta. There are no black people at that time living in Forsyth County. In fact when I was dating that girl, Oprah came to the local Holiday Inn and broadcast her show there for a week. In the end, I couldn't wait to leave Atlanta.
[Reply]
-King- 01:44 PM 08-30-2019
Not reading any posts cause I only just finished the 5th episode...but damn the guy portraying Manson is so good. Probably the best actor on the show so far and that's saying something.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:56 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Not reading any posts cause I only just finished the 5th episode...but damn the guy portraying Manson is so good. Probably the best actor on the show so far and that's saying something.
Did you watch Justified when it aired?
[Reply]
listopencil 02:25 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The south is a different animal. I live in a city thats as liberal as San Fran. But, that racism is there. Just under the surface. I'll be talking with someone, even at work, about non racial stuff and wham, some racial comment comes out of them like this is a normal thing. And the conversation continues like they didn't say that. Its a weird thing.

:-)

Yeah. Don't ask me why I moved away from Virginia, where I was born.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:32 PM 08-30-2019
Just finished Season 2, I guess with them leaving off with BTK they'll be a season 3. Just don't hope we have to wait two years. Season 2 made you realize the FBI sometimes have to walk on egg shells. The black mothers in Atlanta were never grateful for anything. The Atlanta politicians couldn't accept the fact the killer might be black. Wayne Williams was one smart asshole, but he finally got his due diligence. I lived in Atlanta for one year in 1988 and it's only place I've lived I really didn't like, and season 2 brought back those memories.
[Reply]
notorious 04:06 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Just finished Season 2, I guess with them leaving off with BTK they'll be a season 3. Just don't hope we have to wait two years. Season 2 made you realize the FBI sometimes have to walk on egg shells. The black mothers in Atlanta were never grateful for anything. The Atlanta politicians couldn't accept the fact the killer might be black. Wayne Williams was one smart asshole, but he finally got his due diligence. I lived in Atlanta for one year in 1988 and it's only place I've lived I really didn't like, and season 2 brought back those memories.
BTK doesn't get arrested for another 24 years.

This show can go on for many seasons. There are a lot of interesting stories to be told.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:47 PM 08-30-2019
Can't remember the guy's name that plays Manson in this (Aussie actor on Justified and also played Manson briefly in Tarantino's new film) but yeah, he did a great job. The part where he jumps up on the chair was a really well acted scene.

Overall I loved this season but season one is still superior imo. Bring on Season 3!
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:18 AM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
BTK doesn't get arrested for another 24 years.

This show can go on for many seasons. There are a lot of interesting stories to be told.
That's what I was wondering why they were showing BTK so soon. I thought maybe they jump ahead a couple of decades, although Holden and Bill will probably be retired by then. Maybe they bring in new actors because I know filming this series takes up almost an year of each of their lives. I think I heard in an interview it took 10 months to film a season. I guess about a month per episode.

I remember a few years ago hearing Benedict Cumberbatch when asked why they're so few episodes of Sherlock, he said it took 28 days to film one episode, that was a 90 minute show. If anyone is interested Sherlock is a really good British Show, also stars Martin Freeman as Watson, you'll know him from Fargo as the insurance agent, the season with Billy Bob Thornton as the hitman. If you haven't caught Sherlock, I believe it's on Netflix, BBC Channel and PBS channels. There isn't many episodes, like about 4 per season. If you like Elementary, this is way better.

[Reply]
banecat 03:36 PM 08-31-2019
Season one was very good. Two was almost as good. And season three is set up to be better. They'll have to do a time jump if they want this set of agents to help to catch the BTK. I heard that they only plan on four or five seasons of the show
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:05 PM 08-31-2019
People were confused by the importance of Carr's relationship this season?
[Reply]
-King- 07:30 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
People were confused by the importance of Carr's relationship this season?
I have 2 episodes left but I sigh everytime I have to watch that boring ass story line. Compared to the ATL storyline and the Brian storyline, it's just so lame and uneventful and seems like a waste of Carr.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:32 PM 08-31-2019
I have 2 episodes left but I sigh everytime I have to watch that boring ass story line. Compared to the ATL storyline and the Brian storyline, it's just so lame and uneventful and seems like a waste of Carr.
Is the Brian storyline really all that interesting, either? They're both character studies. Nancy standing around smoking cigarettes, looking sullen is no more exciting.
[Reply]
banecat 08:18 PM 08-31-2019
Is the Brian storyline really all that interesting, either? They're both character studies. Nancy standing around smoking cigarettes, looking sullen is no more exciting.
No, but what she does after not getting her way all season was a good save
[Reply]
-King- 09:32 PM 08-31-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:23 PM 09-01-2019
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up