ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do YOU play World of Warcraft?
Yes, I play WoW 41 35.96%
No, I do not play WoW 70 61.40%
WTF is WoW 3 2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>World of Warcraft
God of Thunder 03:04 AM 01-26-2009
So........its 3am..........and I am curious..........who here plays World of Warcraft?

poll coming!
[Reply]
lcarus 09:41 AM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I was always fond of Arathi Basin. Each flag has it's own method of attack/defense and you can see a lot of the BG at once. Back when you could still do hybrid specs I had an AFF/dem Lock that was ridiculous.
"NEED HELP AT THE LUMBER MILL!"

"LUMBER MILL GONE..."
[Reply]
lcarus 09:41 AM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It was for me too. I took a loong hiatus and they sucked me back in with their "free level 20" promotion. I decided to make a toon for nostalgia and see the old Undead questing zones.....yeah well....it caused me to re-activate my account and they've been taking my money for the last year and a half. Even my wife is into it now. She's raiding Heroic 25man lol.
Yeah the undead starting zone holds the most nostalgia for me too.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:15 PM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by Pants:
Since we are reminiscing...

And by slowly, I mean ****ING slow!

Ah good ole days. I remember when I first started playing, I was a Human Mage and it was my first MMO. Westfall seemed too high level for me after I completed Elwynn Forest and my friend said why don't you go to Ironforge. To which I responded "...Ironforge?" He took me to the tram, I hopped on, went to IF and I was blown away by how cool the zone looked. I started raiding in Vanilla, with Molten Core being my first raid, hearing about Ragnaros and Onyxia being tougher than hell and then having BWL and Vaelastrasz on top of that. Such good memories of 40 man raiding, having to get Fire Resistance gear and pots for Vael, having to get Nature Resist Huhuran. Finally beating Cthun after just weeks of wiping to him over and over again was the sweetest victory. Kelthuzad was a great kill too, but Cthun was the hardest imo out of the Vanilla stuff. Ah... memories.
[Reply]
Pants 05:25 PM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Ah good ole days. I remember when I first started playing, I was a Human Mage and it was my first MMO. Westfall seemed too high level for me after I completed Elwynn Forest and my friend said why don't you go to Ironforge. To which I responded "...Ironforge?" He took me to the tram, I hopped on, went to IF and I was blown away by how cool the zone looked. I started raiding in Vanilla, with Molten Core being my first raid, hearing about Ragnaros and Onyxia being tougher than hell and then having BWL and Vaelastrasz on top of that. Such good memories of 40 man raiding, having to get Fire Resistance gear and pots for Vael, having to get Nature Resist Huhuran. Finally beating Cthun after just weeks of wiping to him over and over again was the sweetest victory. Kelthuzad was a great kill too, but Cthun was the hardest imo out of the Vanilla stuff. Ah... memories.
Bro, I remember discovering the first FP in Westfall and just thinking "WTF! This can't be real. Am I actually going to fly on this thing at some point?"

It was my first MMO as well, and I had never even imagined something like WoW could exist. I'd heard about EverQuest at that point, but that's not how I envisioned those games to be. The depth and the immersion just blew my damn mind. I remember walking into Stormwind for the first time and just about shitting my pants from the scale of everything.

You mean there's goddamn trains in this game too? :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 05:08 PM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Ironforge is my favorite Ally capital but the Undercity is where it's at.
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:00 PM 07-13-2014
Yeah the detail and time and effort put into the world is what drew me. It was my first mmo too.
[Reply]
chagrin 08:36 PM 01-11-2015
Any of you playing on Zul'in by chance?
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:17 PM 01-11-2015
Originally Posted by chagrin:
I have characters on zul'jin but I dont play anymore. sorry.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 01-12-2015
Originally Posted by chagrin:
Just Mug'thol.
[Reply]
chagrin 05:47 PM 01-12-2020
Not extremely active like before but I am on mankrik classic and still zul'jin retail, BFA is shitty.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:20 AM 01-13-2020
People still play this shit of a game?

I played it from launch to BoA and the combination of the "story" and decision to simplify game mechanics made me nope the fuck out.

In my opinion Blizzard is personae non gratis
[Reply]
jd1020 08:16 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
People still play this shit of a game?

I played it from launch to BoA and the combination of the "story" and decision to simplify game mechanics made me nope the **** out.

In my opinion Blizzard is personae non gratis
I came back for Legion after uninstalling 1 week into Cataclysm. I thought Legion was amazing between the artifact progression, dynamic zone levels so you could switch up the leveling experience, and most importantly to me was the introduction of mythic+. Mythic+ really kicked up the replayability for me.

BFA really ****ed up the loot progression with the Azerite system. You get the item you need and unlock the traits then another raid tier comes out and you upgrade that item with the same thing just 15 ilvls higher but it was a downgrade because now you didn't have enough Azerite level to unlock the same traits. That was the most retarded loot system they could have thought of to replace the Artifacts. Also I really really hate the Titanforge system. Think it would be much better to cap it at 10 levels but have those 10 levels behind a loot grind power upgrade path at 5 ilvl intervals that gives you an item to use on an armor piece/weapon. That way it's not completely random bullshit that could drop an item that's so high ilvl it's there til the very end of the expansion. But I read they are getting rid of titanforging for the future so that's a plus.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:17 AM 11-28-2022
Dragon Flight dropping today. I took the last year+ off of WoW, but my wife has the itch and wants to play. She's super excited, i'm trying to get excited.

Anyone else planning on picking up the new xpac?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:46 AM 11-28-2022
Dragon Flight dropping today. I took the last year+ off of WoW, but my wife has the itch and wants to play. She's super excited, i'm trying to get excited.

You lot whose spouse plays video games with them are very lucky. My gal is awesome , but she will only play a very small subset of games with me.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:49 PM 11-28-2022

Some friends dragged me back into WotLK Classic. I popped onto my retail account and had no idea what I was even looking at. Eleven years was too long of a break I guess.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up