ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do YOU play World of Warcraft?
Yes, I play WoW 41 35.96%
No, I do not play WoW 70 61.40%
WTF is WoW 3 2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>World of Warcraft
God of Thunder 03:04 AM 01-26-2009
So........its 3am..........and I am curious..........who here plays World of Warcraft?

poll coming!
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:49 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Metrolike:
Is that the last expansion for Wow or are they planning to add more?
I'm guessing they will add expansions until WoW is no longer the most popular MMO.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:39 AM 07-30-2010
I tried it and didn't care for it (which made the wife very happy, I might add). Graphics were lame compared to other stuff I play, as well.

I don't like MMOs. I don't want to have to rely on other people to complete quests. I also don't want to feel obligated to do stuff for them.
[Reply]
MoreLemonPledge 01:07 PM 07-30-2010
I recently got back into this after a 4 year hiatus. I started day one and loved it, but it can consume a lot of time. Now that I found out 15 people that I work with are all playing it, I got sucked right back in...
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:59 PM 07-30-2010
I still have a lotro account, although I haven't played in about a month. I don't have to worry about characters being deleted or anything, I got a lifetime account for $200 when I started playing back in February of 2008, which has more than paid for itself; I'd have paid $300-450 in subscription fees by now...

They're going to a free play model in the fall - which means there's no monthly fee, but there are microtransactions for everything. I'm not sure how I feel about that, although my lifetime account apparently carries over into a VIP account, so I'll have tokens or whatever to spend on stuff without having to buy them.

Much to my surprise, right now I'm playing Star Wars Galaxies and actually enjoying it, although I'm playing it purely as a single player game at this point. It's going to sound weird - it sounds weird to me... - but I actually started playing because of the insane anticipation I'm feeling for The Old Republic. I had a free month from purchasing the lucasarts steam package at christmas, and I just added another 3 months. I actually enjoy the crafting and the space combat a great deal more than I expected to. But it's just a temporary thing, I have no intention of playing it for any serious length of time.

For me, The Old Republic is what I'm really waiting for.

I've never had any desire to go back to WoW.
[Reply]
Pants 02:01 PM 07-30-2010
I'm a little scared of TOR, I'm not going to lie.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:14 PM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by frazod:
I tried it and didn't care for it (which made the wife very happy, I might add). Graphics were lame compared to other stuff I play, as well.

I don't like MMOs. I don't want to have to rely on other people to complete quests. I also don't want to feel obligated to do stuff for them.
It's been changed quite a bit lately. A lot more solo content. Also Blizz added a Looking For Group mechanism. You que up for the dungeons you want to do, marking your group role, and it will build a group for you. It even transports you to the dungeon. Usually at most 15 minutes wait for DPS. It's almost instant for tank or healz. You are matched with people in your "battle group" which covers multiple servers. I'm in a very casual guild and we just fart around and do whatever we want.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:04 PM 07-30-2010
i played it briefly on launch, then went back to Everquest.

Only thing worth a damn to me in MMO's anymore are doing guild raids. I hate leveling up, i hate soloing its a fucking mmo after all. lol well, i dont really mind the soloing, but grouping should be rewarded more then it is in WOW, or was. I have no desire to play the game again. I am waiting for Rift.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:36 AM 07-31-2010
Is there a you're a f*g option?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:36 AM 07-31-2010
How do you guys get time to play endless amounts of video games and then post 20 times a day on chiefsplanet?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:44 AM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I have played WoW for 4 years now on Feathermoon server. 2 accounts, one for me and one for my 2 boys. We have a lot of fun with this and it has been a great way to continue to have something in common with 2 teenage boys. :-)
Nowai. I'm on FM too! PM forthcoming!
[Reply]
MadMax 10:27 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Got four 80's on Nessingwary (druid/lock/hunter/dk banker), my kids play as well.

hmmm I'm pretty sure I have a few 70s characters on that server, I need to reup my account I took a break.
[Reply]
Hydrae 07:14 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Nowai. I'm on FM too! PM forthcoming!
PM answered and your toon added to friends list on several of my characters. Hope to talk to you there.
[Reply]
kaplin42 11:51 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
How do you guys get time to play endless amounts of video games and then post 20 times a day on chiefsplanet?
Two monitors FTW!!!!
[Reply]
listopencil 09:55 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by MadMax:
hmmm I'm pretty sure I have a few 70s characters on that server, I need to reup my account I took a break.
Cool, you might want to give it a shot when Cataclysm comes out. Lots of changes if you haven't played in a while. LFG lets you pug the 5-mans and gear up with triumph/frost emblems.

The game mechanics are changing drastically fairly soon. Gear will be altered as well. No more DEF- crit immuntiy from spec for all tanking classes. Hunters using energy instead of mana. Talent trees are changing. Approx 1 point per 2 levels with 3 dedicated trees, you pick one at level 10 and can only go that tree til you get 31 points in. 31 point talents are the last in each tree. You will be given the passives for that role instead of spending talent points on them. Flying in Azeroth. Guild "perks" based on questing, achieves and boss kills give guild members bonuses. From +xp all the way to a mass rez. That's just off the top of my head.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:38 AM 08-04-2010
I tried playing it.....and just never could get into it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up