ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>way too early Meck Mock
Chris Meck 10:33 AM 01-18-2020
Chiefs win the SB, pick #32. GET ON THE BUS!

Chiefs begin the offseason with $23.4 m roll-over cap space for a total cap space AS IS of $21.3 m

cuts:
Sammy Watkins saves $14 m
Cam Erving $4.7 m
Damien Wilson $3.0 m
Daniel Sorensen $3.7m

so we've added $25.4 m in space to get to: $46.7 cap room.

Mahomes deal-WON'T FACTOR IN 2020 excercise 5th year option, and sign an extension: 5 years, $220 million ($44 million per year).
This is a projection I saw that seems realistic.This locks in Pat's cap # in 2021 at $2.7 m (in 2022 it'd be transition tag # around $24m, then jump to $44 the remaining 5 seasons per the extension). his 2020 cap # is already factored in.

Chris Jones extension: 4 yrs, $80m. Let's structure to take the big hit in 2021 and say his cap number is $12.5 in 2020. We get a little bit of a bargain due to a down year. Donald is $22.5 per.

re-sign:
Suggs 1yr, $3m. ($5m was his salary THIS year. Come on back and get another ring.)
Breeland 3 yr, 24m ($8m per)
Ragland 3 yrs, $6m ($2m per)
Wisniewski 1 yr, $2m
Pennel 2 yrs, $3m ($1.5)

D-Rob 2 yrs, $5m ($2.5)
Moore 1yr, $2m

and these guys should all be around $1m per or less:
Sherman, Bell, Ware, Kemp, Wylie, Yelder, Reaser ($7m)

FA signings:
Graham Glasgow, C/G, 3 yrs, $21m, ($7m per. used LDT contract as comp.)
Joe Shoebert, LB 3 yrs, $21m ($7m per).

Draft: I used Fanspeak, Matt Miller's board. I expect to draft #32, but this is close enough.
31: R1P31
CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU
63: R2P31
C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN
95: R3P31
RB CAM AKERS
FSU
134: R4P31
LB JACOB PHILLIPS
LSU
176: R5P30
LB SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN
MIAMI

I think taking a CB high is wise anytime.
Ruiz along with Glasgow make a solid investment in the interior line. Either could play C or G with experience at both.
Akers is a playmaker at RB.
Phllips and Quarterman are hopefully your Hitchens/Ragland replacements sooner than later. Both are versatile, could play MLB or OLB. Along with Shoebert, you have a lot of flexibility, and Spags loves flexibility.

*math is hard, don't hit me too hard on the numbers. I'm no capologist.
*after 2 hours on this I give up, lol
*my intention was to 'keep the band together' as much as possible and shore up the weakest spots.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:19 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Schobert is one of the top few linebackers in the entire NFL. He's going to demand at least double your figure and probably add a couple million to that. Shit, Kwon Alexander and Anthony Barr both signed for 13.5 last year and neither are anywhere near Schobert's level. I think closer to Mosley's 17.0 per is a reality. I went with 16 in my early mocks that had him in it.
In the FA lists I was using to pick from he wasn't rated nearly that high. He was a middle of the pack LB; below average in run defense, but highly rated in coverage.

You may be right, I've not watched him specifically enough to judge. I was specifically looking for skill-sets and age. Trying to stay younger and solve problems.
[Reply]
tmax63 10:18 AM 01-27-2020
Every year everyone cuts Dirty Dan and every year the Chiefs keep him and he plays special teams and makes enough splash plays on D to earn his contract. The Rivers int., knocking the idea of scrambling out of Tannyhill and couple of big tackles against the Titans, stopping that fake punt etc. He earns his paycheck. I'd hate to play against him. It's not that hard to find 3-4 mil to pay him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up