ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Star Wars Movies Ranked
Son of Logical 12:12 PM 12-24-2019
So now that the Skywalker story is done. I am curious about how everyone ranks these movies. So, for this list lets just do the main story films. No spin-offs. (Rogue One would be way up there for me, but not a part of this ranking.)
My list is based mostly off how good the overall story is.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Last Jedi
7. Attack of the Clones (I know most people think this is the worst)
8. Rise of Skywalker
9. Phantom Menace
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:13 PM 12-30-2019
1. The Last Jedi
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One
4. The Rise of Skywalker
5. The Force Awakens
6. Star Wars
7. Solo
8. Return of the Jedi
9. Attack of the Clones
10. The Phantom Menace
11. Revenge of the Sith
12. The Clone Wars
[Reply]
kc rush 11:33 AM 12-31-2019
Empire
New Hope
Rogue One
ROTJ
Rise of Skywalker
Force Awakens
Solo
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
Last Jedi
Phantom Menace
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:50 PM 01-01-2020
I just finished rewatching the original trilogy and I realized I only gave a shit about the scenes that had to do with Jedi. Training on Dagobah, Luke vs Vader, etc.

To those who grew up watching the OT, why did everyone have such a hard on for Vader and Boba Fett? Vader spends half of the trilogy getting bitched by Tarkin, the Emperor or Luke and Boba Fett was literally the most irrelevant character ever, with his dusty ass hand me down armor.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:06 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I just finished rewatching the original trilogy and I realized I only gave a shit about the scenes that had to do with Jedi. Training on Dagobah, Luke vs Vader, etc.
I don't necessarily disagree. The Jedi and Sith are a huge part of The Clone Wars animated series, which is what makes it so badass and so special, at least to me, anyway.

To those who grew up watching the OT, why did everyone have such a hard on for Vader and Boba Fett?
As an 11 year old that saw the original film in 1977, it was completely mind-blowing. The world had never seen a film like Star Wars before and it was completely captivating.

I also completely understand not being blown away by the original film or trilogy when looking through the lens of a 20 or 30 something 40+ years later. Innovation in filmmaking (most of which was created by George Lucas) is at the point where anything can be real and convincing on screen, so it's easier to criticize the story, direction, cinematography and acting.

It was a lot different back when effects looked like something a kid did in his backyard.

Vader spends half of the trilogy getting bitched by Tarkin, the Emperor or Luke and Boba Fett was literally the most irrelevant character ever, with his dusty ass hand me down armor.
Again, I don't disagree with your take although Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back was just a sight to behold. The dude was the baddest man in the galaxy (as far as we knew, anyway) and he just killed guys right and left that didn't meet his lofty expectations. He personified "Evil" and when it was revealed that he was Luke Skywalker's father, it was as if the world was turned on its head.

Truly epic.

Boba Fett was just a cool looking character, IMO. He died like a bitch so for me, he was neither here nor there.

He was kind of like the dumb hot chick at a party. Awesome to look at but once she spoke, you wish you were anywhere but there...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:20 PM 01-01-2020
Star Wars Holiday Special lands at #6 overall for me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:11 PM 01-01-2020
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Solo
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Rise of Skywalker
8. The Last Jedi
9. The Force Awakens
10. Revenge of the Sith
11. Attack of the Clones
[Reply]
Frazod 10:06 AM 01-02-2020
I guess now that I've actually seen the last one I should update the list.

1. Star Wars
2. Rogue One
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Empire Strikes Back
5. Solo
6. Rise of Skywalker
7. The Force Awakens
8. Attack of the Clones
9. Revenge of the Sith
10. Phantom Menace
11. Last Jedi
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:38 AM 01-09-2020
5 esb
2 aoc
3 ros
4 anh
? ?
6 roj
? ?
? ?
1 pm

*RO ?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:19 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Solo
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Rise of Skywalker
8. The Last Jedi
9. The Force Awakens
10. Revenge of the Sith
11. Attack of the Clones
Basically this. I’d swap Phantom Menace down to last and Last Jedi behind Awakens. We watched Last this weekend and it stunk
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up