Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release updated Depth Chart ahead of MNF 9/28
Megatron96 04:59 PM 09-23-2020
Don't think it's official yet, but it looks like Ward might play:
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/list...-chart-week-3/

-Taken from ChiefsWire
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:18 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
PR guys have nothing to do with the owner or the head coach, especially if they're caught illegally videoing the sidelines of their opponent and that particular infraction has happened more than once during the tenure of the same head coach/owner.

/Pats fans
Here's to hoping the Chiefs organization isn't anything like the Pats.:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:36 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Don't get me wrong, we all know these guys can get it done.

Honestly, they looked like a preseason defense out there the last couple of weeks. They won a Super Bowl and without the benefit of a proper offseason, they've fallen back on some bad habits.

I'm sure they'll be fine. In fact, given the quality of the competition on Monday, I think they'll be extra-focused.
When I was reviewing the first half of the Chargers game I realized a couple things: if you only have two legit starters at DT and they get doubled nearly every down, their effectiveness in both pass-rushing and run-stopping goes way down really fast. They just get gassed. Without Pennel or Saunders we were subbing in back-up DEs and guys I didn't even know. Getting Pennel back, even though he's probably not 100% ready to go in game shape is going to make a difference.

The other thing I realized was that Spags was kind of staying basic up front. Maybe even in the back, but I wasn't focused on that so all I can really say is I only saw a couple coverages that looked 'exotic' to me.

I think if we get Ward and Pennel back, even if just for limited snaps, the defense will look a lot more like what we were doing late last season.

I will say that Tyrann and Nnadi looked like they were in mid-season form. And that Chris Jones started that game looking like he'd worked on his run defense. You watch the first couple series and he's doing all the right things vs. the run, most important being that he's being a team player. He was helping build the wall that Spags likes to talk about, he was staying in his lane, shedding his blocks, etc. It was really interesting. Somewhere in the second quarter I think he got tired and I think he got impatient. But if Pennel can spell him and Nnadi some, Chris might not have those issues on Monday. And if that turns out to be the case, he could have a really good game.

I know, a lot of "ifs" but my point is that I really think Chris is going to be significantly better against the run this year because I think he's been working on that part of his play. I don't think all that talk about being "the best DT in the game" was all talk for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 09-24-2020
Great post.

I will say this:

I'm not sure stopping the run, at least from the RBs, is that much of an issue anyway. It certainly wasn't last year.

Ingram had a monster game and it just didn't matter.

They need to contain Jackson, that's the most important piece.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:16 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I don’t even think he’s in the concussion protocol.
around the nfl tweeted that he is.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:21 PM 09-24-2020
Has the PR team determined that Niemann is a piece of shit?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:53 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Has the PR team determined that Niemann is a piece of shit?
I don't believe that's a PR team's job? A PR does things like "Scott Pioli-greatest football exec in Chiefs history."

Okay, that's extreme, but you get the idea. They're into spinning the positive.
[Reply]
TEX 03:53 PM 09-24-2020
Great post.

I will say this:

I'm not sure stopping the run, at least from the RBs, is that much of an issue anyway. It certainly wasn't last year.

Ingram had a monster game and it just didn't matter.

Yep. The important stuff goes through Jackson.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:46 PM 09-24-2020
Andy said that Sammys neck is more of a concern than the concussion
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 08:05 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Andy said that Sammys neck is more of a concern than the concussion
Sammy's neck is fine. Put some medical tape on it and get him back out there.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:15 AM 09-25-2020
I know this is an unpopular opinion on CP, but I think Jackson poses a bigger threat to our secondary, than our run defense.

Many here dismissively label Lamar Jackson as a RB playing QB, but he led the NFL in passing TDs and QBR last year, and has become an even better passer this season. You don't lead the league in those two categories if you are a RB playing QB. You lead the league in those two categories by being a damn good QB.

I think Mahomes is the best QB that I have ever seen, but Lamar Jackson is becoming a scary version of Michael Vick & Steve Young combined.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know this is an unpopular opinion on CP, but I think Jackson poses a bigger threat to our secondary, than our run defense.

Many here dismissively label Lamar Jackson as a RB playing QB, but he led the NFL in passing TDs and QBR last year, and has become an even better passer this season. You don't lead the league in those two categories if you are a RB playing QB. You lead the league in those two categories by being a damn good QB.

I think Mahomes is the best QB that I have ever seen, but Lamar Jackson is becoming a scary version of Michael Vick & Steve Young combined.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Our CB's were up to the task last year, with the defense in even more disarray early.

They'll be up to the task again, IF the front 7 can keep Jackson from extending plays forever with his legs.

Keeping Lamar in the pocket and letting Chris Jones work is what needs to happen.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up