Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release updated Depth Chart ahead of MNF 9/28
Megatron96 04:59 PM 09-23-2020
Don't think it's official yet, but it looks like Ward might play:
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/list...-chart-week-3/

-Taken from ChiefsWire
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:22 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The big thing that changed with the run defense last year was guys like Chris Jones playing more disciplined and not shooting upfield on every play.
Exactly. Us getting ripped to shreds in the regular season loss to Tennessee coinciding with Reid putting him down as a game inactive have created kind of a ridiculous legend around here.

I'm not going to deny that he's an effective run clogger, but he's playing with us on another dirt cheap ass contract, and I have a feeling it's not because he loves Kansas City THAT much. The way people talk about him, he should be on a multi-year deal with us or somewhere else earning Linval Joseph money (his last extension in Minnesota was 2 years $17 million). Most of all, he should be a freaking STARTER if he's that good.

My guess? He ends up being effective in the DL rotation this Monday. Putting in 10-20 snaps. That would be under 50%. They're quality snaps. He might even make a big play or two. But I don't think he's worthy of being thought of as a cure to any run defense problems we may encounter this year.
[Reply]
wazu 07:31 AM 09-24-2020
Okay that's about enough Pennel bashing! Mods, please lock this thread and move to Romper Room as it is now full of LIES!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:35 AM 09-24-2020
Nobody is bashing Pennel.

Just tempering expectations.
[Reply]
oldman 08:39 AM 09-24-2020
I don't think anyone is expecting Pennel to save our D, but it does allow for some flexibility . With Saunders on DL, I'd want as many big bodies up front as we can get.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:46 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't think anyone is expecting Pennel to save our D, but it does allow for some flexibility . With Saunders on DL, I'd want as many big bodies up front as we can get.
There's definitely some people here that think he's the difference between good run D and bad run D.
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:58 AM 09-24-2020
There's definitely some people here that think he's the difference between good run D and bad run D.
I would be one of those people. He's not a superstar but our run defense seems much better when he's in there. Strictly a situational player but a needed one IMO.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:32 AM 09-24-2020
When Pennell came to down last year our defense was automatically better. I don't know how well he will help the run game vs the Ravens since alot of it is Lamar sneaking around but vs teams like Tennessee he makes us so much better.

How as Hamilton looked so far? It's sometimes difficult to see everything that is going on in coverage on TV, but from my short glimpses he hasn't looked great. Maybe I'm wrong.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:02 AM 09-24-2020
Pennel isn't a savior, but he's an upgrade in the area we were hemorrhaging yards terribly.

I'm glad to have him back, and glad to have a find like Wharton as well.

But Derrick Nnadi is the OG when it comes to run defense.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:08 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When Pennell came to down last year our defense was automatically better. I don't know how well he will help the run game vs the Ravens since alot of it is Lamar sneaking around but vs teams like Tennessee he makes us so much better.

How as Hamilton looked so far? It's sometimes difficult to see everything that is going on in coverage on TV, but from my short glimpses he hasn't looked great. Maybe I'm wrong.
I have nothing against Hamilton, but due to the Breeland suspension and the Ward injury, he's been exposed. He's definitely not a starting CB, but I could see him being quite effective in dime situations.

Sorensen has the same issue now. Because he's playing in most base D sets, he's getting exposed more often on stuff that he looked impressive on late in the year and into the playoffs. But Thornhill has definitely struggled coming back from injury, so he's probably the best we've got to fill that position.
[Reply]
Scorp 10:13 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And you can just go **** yourself with your mom's favorite chrome dildo, ****hole.
McDouche doing McDouche things as always. I was really hoping the Virus would wipe your stupid ass. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Pennel isn't a savior, but he's an upgrade in the area we were hemorrhaging yards terribly.

I'm glad to have him back, and glad to have a find like Wharton as well.

But Derrick Nnadi is the OG when it comes to run defense.
If Chris Jones and the other guys can't play with discipline, it won't matter what Pennel does.

This defense is predicated on everybody doing their jobs and being in the right place at the right time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:39 AM 09-24-2020
Well it looks like the PR guys weren't just pulling stuff out of their asses. Looks like Ward will practice this week.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the PR guys for the Chiefs organization, you know the PR guys that get paid by the Chiefs/Clark Hunt, The department within the company that probably has a budget in the tens of millions of dollars annually, might actually have some inside scoop on team information like who might be available from week to week. Shocker, right?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:41 AM 09-24-2020
If Chris Jones and the other guys can't play with discipline, it won't matter what Pennel does.

This defense is predicated on everybody doing their jobs and being in the right place at the right time.
Let's just see how things go. Jones played pretty well last year in the playoffs just a few months ago. In fact, he made some great plays against the run in both of his playoff appearances. I'm just saying we can give him the benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Let's just see how things go. Jones played pretty well last year in the playoffs just a few months ago. In fact, he made some great plays against the run in both of his playoff appearances. I'm just saying we can give him the benefit of the doubt.
Don't get me wrong, we all know these guys can get it done.

Honestly, they looked like a preseason defense out there the last couple of weeks. They won a Super Bowl and without the benefit of a proper offseason, they've fallen back on some bad habits.

I'm sure they'll be fine. In fact, given the quality of the competition on Monday, I think they'll be extra-focused.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:14 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well it looks like the PR guys weren't just pulling stuff out of their asses. Looks like Ward will practice this week.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the PR guys for the Chiefs organization, you know the PR guys that get paid by the Chiefs/Clark Hunt, The department within the company that probably has a budget in the tens of millions of dollars annually, might actually have some inside scoop on team information like who might be available from week to week. Shocker, right?
PR guys have nothing to do with the owner or the head coach, especially if they're caught illegally videoing the sidelines of their opponent and that particular infraction has happened more than once during the tenure of the same head coach/owner.

/Pats fans
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up