ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 57
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:06 PM 09-20-2020
It’s going to be tough no doubt.

Need to get off to a much better start offensively. Baltimore’s DL is not good enough for the Ravens to rush four and succeed.

Watson found a lot of time to throw and deliver the ball downfield. CB and S depth is an issue for the Ravens.

KC can’t live with Ben Niemann on the field against the Ravens. Hopefully we see Gay at SLB and Wilson at WLB. They are much more effective vs the run with that alignment.

Pennel back should help too.

From Ravens tape, still doesn’t look like old Lamar is confident throwing the ball outside the hashes. If you can find a way to cover up The middle of the field I don’t think he can damage you as much with th pass.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:07 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I agree. Winning this game is basically a 2-game lead.

I don’t see another AFC team that is really going to challenge for it.

Maybe the Patriots? Maybe the Steelers? Those both feel like stretches right though.
Did you watch the Steelers today? They damn near lost to a Donko team that didn't have their starting QB after the opening drive of the game. The Donkos are missing several of their best players and they don't have many good ones.

The Patriots have looked like shit tonight versus the Seahawks. Newton has made a lot of stupid mistakes and they just don't have many play makers.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:21 PM 09-20-2020
I’ve noticed that the Ravens are doing a lot of moving the pocket and designed rollouts for passing plays. Probably to limit how much of the field Jackson has to scan and also gets him into space to prevent rushing passes.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:23 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We had them 30-13 going into the 4th quarter last season with a defense that isn't half what it is this season. And we're getting Pennel back, and maybe we're getting Ward back as well. Oh, and Ward was blind in that game.
Haven't heard that Ward will be back next week. Link?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:24 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ve noticed that the Ravens are doing a lot of moving the pocket and designed rollouts for passing plays. Probably to limit how much of the field Jackson has to scan and also gets him into space to prevent rushing passes.
That's Greg Roman's offense to a "T."
[Reply]
DRM08 09:31 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:

Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That's Greg Roman's offense to a "T."
And it works extremely well given the talent on their roster. KC will need one hell of an improvement on both sides of the ball. Gonna be a tough game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:38 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Haven't heard that Ward will be back next week. Link?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I haven't heard exactly when. But Andy said in his presser last week that Ward wanted to play right after he got injured, and that his return was going to be week to week. I took that to mean he could've played today. Or next week, or basically whenever he felt and good and the docs said he was okay to play.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:42 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And it works extremely well given the talent on their roster. KC will need one hell of an improvement on both sides of the ball. Gonna be a tough game.
Yeah, it's an offense designed to cut the field in half for QBs that aren't good at reading defenses. It's the same offense that Roman installed for Kaepernick because he couldn't read a defense either.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:58 PM 09-20-2020
Also worth mentioning the Ravens OL is not playing at the same level as last year. Yanda is gone, Stanley is dinged up.

I’m excited to see what tricks Reid and Spanuolo have been holding onto.

We haven’t seen much of Mecole Hardman or Willie Gay Jr.

In general, I’m worried about LB and tackling. They definitely miss Breeland’s physicality on the WR screen game. I’m sure that’s been noticed.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:09 PM 09-20-2020
You have to have a front 4 like the Chargers in order to limit Mahomes...KC has long developing plays. He was having to get the ball out quick...which kind of screws up how Reid designs this offense.

SF held him in check for most of the SB...and it was one of his worst games until half way through the 4th...kind of like today.

Ravens dont have that...they'll have to dedicate extra players to get pressure.

The Chargers...even before today...have given Mahomes some if his worst performances.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:12 PM 09-20-2020
Chiefs will need to be better, no doubt.

But---Mahomes lives in Lamar's head. I think deep down he knows he can't beat him.

And, this game is their Super Bowl, they need this game a lot more than we do. They are in a tougher division--Pittsburgh appears to be back, and I believe if they lose they will take a major step back.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:19 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
How is that going to happen? In order for the Shitbirds to get to the AFCCG, they have to actually win a playoff game. So far, playoff defenses have been able to shut down their running back behind center by forcing him to complete passes outside the hashes, which he is unable to do with any consistency. They'll be one and done again, unless they get a crappy team that backed into the playoffs. Then they'll still lose in the divisional round.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:24 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
How is that going to happen? In order for the Shitbirds to get to the AFCCG, they have to actually win a playoff game. So far, playoff defenses have been able to shut down their running back behind center by forcing him to complete passes outside the hashes, which he is unable to do with any consistency. They'll be one and done again, unless they get a crappy team that backed into the playoffs. Then they'll still lose in the divisional round.
Sooner or later it probably will happen. Let's not forget that up until the Chiefs actually won the Super Bowl, people said the same exact things about the Chiefs and Mahomes. Which, as we all know now, was utter BS. The Ravens are a pretty good team and Lamar is a pretty good QB. And they will earn a playoff berth more often than not for the next 3 or 4 or 5 years or more. So it's just smarter to know right now that eventually they will win a playoff game and we probably will end up seeing them in the playoffs.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:36 PM 09-20-2020
It’s early in the season. We have a lot of guys out. We haven’t gelled on either side of the ball. I would love to win, but this isn’t a high stakes game. We’ll be fine either way.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:39 PM 09-20-2020
Lets not forget that the Steelers should give them a fight this year...their defense looks good. They've got competition in their division this season.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 57
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up