ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 190
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:36 PM 09-22-2020
Jamal ends it so there will be no sweep this series. LeBron was the only Laker to show up tonight with another triple double. AD didn’t even have a rebound until the 4th Q.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:40 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nice. As a Bulls fan, I’m happy with this.
As a bulls fan I feel conflicted.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:42 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Jamal ends it so there will be no sweep this series. LeBron was the only Laker to show up tonight with another triple double. AD didn’t even have a rebound until the 4th Q.
AD bailed Lebron out in game 2 though, so Lebron should just be happy they aren’t down 1-2 :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
AD bailed Lebron out in game 2 though, so Lebron should just be happy they aren’t down 1-2 :-)
I mean LeBron played pretty well in game 2 too.

Just maybe grab a rebound if you’re 7 feet tall and AD. The effort wasn’t there tonight.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:06 PM 09-22-2020
Well damn it. The Nuggets and Celtics both won game 3 so no chance for a 3-0 comeback. There's still the finals I guess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 09-23-2020
So Pearlman wrote a Kobe book; mostly a book about the early Kobe era Lakers.

https://deadspin.com/i-wrote-a-book-...ung-1845138472

He wrote it over a couple of years before Kobe died and it sure sounds like it won't be terribly flattering.

Those of you that are familiar with sportswriters almost certainly know Perlman. He's kinda the Ron Chernow/David Halberstam of sports authors (not newspaper wretches, but guys who write books).

I mean...I'm gonna read this. As a Lakers/Kobe fan, it's gonna be a must see. But I really do kinda feel bad for Pearlman here because he's in a big time no-win spot.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:35 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So Pearlman wrote a Kobe book; mostly a book about the early Kobe era Lakers.

https://deadspin.com/i-wrote-a-book-...ung-1845138472

He wrote it over a couple of years before Kobe died and it sure sounds like it won't be terribly flattering.

Those of you that are familiar with sportswriters almost certainly know Perlman. He's kinda the Ron Chernow/David Halberstam of sports authors (not newspaper wretches, but guys who write books).

I mean...I'm gonna read this. As a Lakers/Kobe fan, it's gonna be a must see. But I really do kinda feel bad for Pearlman here because he's in a big time no-win spot.

Not going to be pretty....

“ If I’m being blunt (and I am — if nothing else — being blunt), “Three-Ring Circus” is oftentimes the saga of a young, brash, egomaniacal basketball player who seeks no advice and believes he is the second coming of Michael Jordan. It’s a Kobe Bryant who treats rookies and free agents like yesterday’s trash; who sees all comers as enemies created to be destroyed; who wants to be feared far more than loved or even admired.

It’s also the Kobe Bryant who — again, being blunt — likely raped a hotel clerk in Eagle, Colorado.

Sigh.“
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:11 PM 09-23-2020
LeWoodpecker

https://streamable.com/pzmdml
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:38 PM 09-24-2020
One game away from his 10th Finals appearance. Approaching Bill Russell territory (12).

The true GOAT.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:51 AM 09-25-2020
I watched MJ in his prime and obviously LeBron in his prime. As dominant of a player as LeBron has been, he doesn't reach MJ's level imo. He doesn't have MJ's killer instinct. He doesn't have that flare, that elegance in moving the ball, that consistently accurate jumpshot. Jordan had zero weaknesses as a player. The moment he stepped on the court, you already knew the endresult. He took over games all by himself. He was that special. That dominant.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:36 AM 09-25-2020
Covington calling out Lebron for being a bitch is awesome :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:15 PM 09-25-2020
I remember the days when the real GOAT was supposedly only making Finals because the East was weak. Who could have predicted that actually wasn't the case?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I remember the days when the real GOAT was supposedly only making Finals because the East was weak. Who could have predicted that actually wasn't the case?
The East WAS weak. Comically so.

The West is pretty weak this year. Portland's no sort of true threat, the Rockets matched up incredibly poorly and I said going into this series that I'd be surprised if the Nuggets took it to 6. They're not a great matchup either, it's just that any team is game when Murray is playing like he is.

Had the Clippers found their chemistry and/or the Warriors stayed healthy, the West would've presented a pretty stout challenge. But w/ the Clippers in neutral all year and no Warriors, the Nuggets and Rockets are the only 2 quality squads that surfaced in the West this year and both are just not terribly difficult matchups for LA.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:18 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The East WAS weak. Comically so.
Depends on the year we're talking about. He's made 9(!) finals and beat several very good to great teams in the East on the way there in several of those years.

Originally Posted by :
The West is pretty weak this year. Portland's no sort of true threat, the Rockets matched up incredibly poorly and I said going into this series that I'd be surprised if the Nuggets took it to 6. They're not a great matchup either, it's just that any team is game when Murray is playing like he is.

Had the Clippers found their chemistry and/or the Warriors stayed healthy, the West would've presented a pretty stout challenge. But w/ the Clippers in neutral all year and no Warriors, the Nuggets and Rockets are the only 2 quality squads that surfaced in the West this year and both are just not terribly difficult matchups for LA.
Mostly agreed, although I think the Rockets are actually a very good team that matched up very poorly with the Lakers. Lakers caught a clear break with the Clippers choking out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:36 PM 09-26-2020
38-16-10 on 15 of 25 shooting to clinch his 10th Finals.

Truly the greatest we’ve ever seen play the game.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 190
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up