ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: The first mass market Covid-19 vaccine in America will be created by...
Astrazeneca/University of Oxford (Viral Vector Vaccine – Great Britain) 12 16.67%
BioNTech/Pfizer (Genetic Vaccine – Europe) 3 4.17%
CanSino Biologics/China Academy of Military Medical Science (Viral Vector Vaccine - China) 0 0%
CureVac/Gates Foundation (Genetic Vaccine - Germany) 2 2.78%
Gamaleya Research Institute/Russia Ministry of Health (Viral Vector Vaccine - Russia) 3 4.17%
Johnson & Johnson/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Viral Vector Vaccine - USA) 3 4.17%
Moderna/National Institute of Health (Genetic Vaccine - USA) 17 23.61%
Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (Repurposed Vaccine – Australia) 0 0%
North Korea State Commission on Science and Technology (Protein-Based and most likely completely fictional Vaccine – North Korea) 3 4.17%
Novavax (Protein-Based Vaccine - USA) 1 1.39%
Sinopharm/Wuhan Institute of Biological Products (Whole-Virus Vaccine – China) 0 0%
Sinovac (Whole-Virus Vaccine - China) 0 0%
Someone else (based in the United States) 5 6.94%
Someone else (based in Europe) 0 0%
Someone else (based in China) 2 2.78%
Someone else (based in some other country not mentioned above) 0 0%
I don't think there'll ever be a vaccine created 1 1.39%
I don't care, because I'll never take a vaccine. 7 9.72%
I don't know. Do I look like an expert on viral vaccine development to you? 13 18.06%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will produce the first mass Covid vaccine?
Rain Man 07:03 PM 08-16-2020
Who's going to be the first to mass market in the USA? Cast your public vote in the poll. Here are the rules to determine the winner.

1. We're the USA. We don't care if the Chinese or Russians or North Koreans stick stuff in their people. Only the USA counts.

2. It'll be hard to get exact figures, but as a general rule let's count the winner as the first organization that gets vaccinations inside the bodies of 25 million Americans in at least 25 different states.

I'll include what I think are the leading contenders in the poll, and you can read about them here, as of August 16th, 2020:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...avirus-vaccine

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...stitute%20one.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 12:18 PM 08-18-2020
All the homies think Oxford.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:51 PM 09-24-2020
It sounds like Johnson & Johnson may be accelerating into the lead. Even though they're entering Phase 3 later than others, they've got a single-dose vaccine in the works that'll apparently move faster than the two-dose vaccines everyone else is testing.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotec...-2021-approval
[Reply]
TLO 08:15 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It sounds like Johnson & Johnson may be accelerating into the lead. Even though they're entering Phase 3 later than others, they've got a single-dose vaccine in the works that'll apparently move faster than the two-dose vaccines everyone else is testing.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotec...-2021-approval
This is great news.

Pfizer is still gonna be first though.
[Reply]
TLO 08:17 PM 09-24-2020
Even though I apparently went with the Oxford option in the poll.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:09 PM 09-24-2020
Listen to the Freakonomics podcast on Moderna and their approach. It’s fascinating.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:01 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Right. Russia IS European, after all.
According to CNN Russia is northern asian. So if you’re Russian then you’re Asian. Could be an advantage to developing the cure to Covid.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 06:34 AM 09-25-2020
What stock did US senators buy recently in the medical field?

Because thats your answer.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:25 AM 09-25-2020
Anyone with sense will avoid a Moderna vaccine like the plague. They were on the verge of bankruptcy before the gov’t dropped $450+ mil into their laps to fast track an experimental DNA-altering technology. Gates and Fauci are both heavily invested in them and it’s the only reason they’re at the front of the line.

I believe to this day they haven’t released most of the data from trials, but they did acknowledge in a press release that 20% of participants in the first trial had severe adverse effects. And only the healthiest specimens were allowed to participate. Imagine the percentage of the general population that could be injured.

This thing literally changes your DNA and will affect the DNA of future generations.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:30 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
According to CNN Russia is northern asian. So if you’re Russian then you’re Asian. Could be an advantage to developing the cure to Covid.
That's just way too simplistic of a label.

That's like saying that Delaware and Arizona are homogeneous.

Russia is Eastern European on one end and Asian on the other.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:32 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Anyone with sense will avoid a Moderna vaccine like the plague. They were on the verge of bankruptcy before the gov’t dropped $450+ mil into their laps to fast track an experimental DNA-altering technology. Gates and Fauci are both heavily invested in them and it’s the only reason they’re at the front of the line.

I believe to this day they haven’t released most of the data from trials, but they did acknowledge in a press release that 20% of participants in the first trial had severe adverse effects. And only the healthiest specimens were allowed to participate. Imagine the percentage of the general population that could be injured.

This thing literally changes your DNA and will affect the DNA of future generations.
Exactly.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:45 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Yeah, that’s not how it works.

Injecting DNA fragments from a vaccine don’t go into a cell nucleus to change genetic makeup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN22U2BZ
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 AM 09-25-2020
That is....not what that vaccine does. I mean, kind of, but it's just not nefarious like that. Pfizer is using an mRNA vector as well.

They did have some adverse side effects with dosage that was changed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:49 AM 09-25-2020
That's not how they are SUPPOSED to work but then again, we don't have any current mRNA vaccines that do work, do we? Not that I know of. It's completely new tech.

I'd rather take a more traditional approach first.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 AM 09-25-2020
https://www.breakthroughs.com/health...tional-vaccine
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's not how they are SUPPOSED to work but then again, we don't have any current mRNA vaccines that do work, do we? Not that I know of. It's completely new tech.

I'd rather take a more traditional approach first.
The mRNa vaccines (and use in cancer treatment) will really change the game if things work like they're looking like they will.

I'm hopeful they're successful.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up