ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: The first mass market Covid-19 vaccine in America will be created by...
Astrazeneca/University of Oxford (Viral Vector Vaccine – Great Britain) 12 16.67%
BioNTech/Pfizer (Genetic Vaccine – Europe) 3 4.17%
CanSino Biologics/China Academy of Military Medical Science (Viral Vector Vaccine - China) 0 0%
CureVac/Gates Foundation (Genetic Vaccine - Germany) 2 2.78%
Gamaleya Research Institute/Russia Ministry of Health (Viral Vector Vaccine - Russia) 3 4.17%
Johnson & Johnson/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Viral Vector Vaccine - USA) 3 4.17%
Moderna/National Institute of Health (Genetic Vaccine - USA) 17 23.61%
Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (Repurposed Vaccine – Australia) 0 0%
North Korea State Commission on Science and Technology (Protein-Based and most likely completely fictional Vaccine – North Korea) 3 4.17%
Novavax (Protein-Based Vaccine - USA) 1 1.39%
Sinopharm/Wuhan Institute of Biological Products (Whole-Virus Vaccine – China) 0 0%
Sinovac (Whole-Virus Vaccine - China) 0 0%
Someone else (based in the United States) 5 6.94%
Someone else (based in Europe) 0 0%
Someone else (based in China) 2 2.78%
Someone else (based in some other country not mentioned above) 0 0%
I don't think there'll ever be a vaccine created 1 1.39%
I don't care, because I'll never take a vaccine. 7 9.72%
I don't know. Do I look like an expert on viral vaccine development to you? 13 18.06%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will produce the first mass Covid vaccine?
Rain Man 07:03 PM 08-16-2020
Who's going to be the first to mass market in the USA? Cast your public vote in the poll. Here are the rules to determine the winner.

1. We're the USA. We don't care if the Chinese or Russians or North Koreans stick stuff in their people. Only the USA counts.

2. It'll be hard to get exact figures, but as a general rule let's count the winner as the first organization that gets vaccinations inside the bodies of 25 million Americans in at least 25 different states.

I'll include what I think are the leading contenders in the poll, and you can read about them here, as of August 16th, 2020:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...avirus-vaccine

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...stitute%20one.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:12 PM 08-16-2020
Personally, I think it's a two-horse race between Astrazeneca and Moderna. They both seemed to get off to a fast start. The stock market seems to like Novavax's chances, so maybe they're in the mix, too, but it seems like they started out a bit behind.

I think the Russian one is nothing more than a premature Phase 3 testing on an unwilling population, so it'll be behind on approvals, and I don't see a Chinese vaccine having any chance for approval in the USA unless there's no other choice.

The North Korean one makes me laugh. They're claiming to be working on it, but they also claim that there are no Covid cases in North Korea so they can't test it. You know they'll come up with some sort of ginseng kimchii pill eight years from now.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:20 PM 08-16-2020
Rushed vaccines scare me.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:21 PM 08-16-2020
Im in the final testing stages of a all new Body Mask.

We're working on two versions. The Pull UP & Zip Up body mask and a Spray On body mask.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:23 PM 08-16-2020
Brett Veach. Did you see how he saved our cap after it suffered from the Dorsonavirus?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:31 PM 08-16-2020
IBIO
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:32 PM 08-16-2020
What, no antifreeze option?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:46 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
What, no antifreeze option?
That's the North Korean option. It looks like you're first in line.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:52 PM 08-16-2020
Im pretty certain that it'll be me. I just need to go get a few people Covid19 to come to my place and chill. I just bought $5000 worth of Essential Oils. I have a cup worth of every type of oil out there. I'll have the infected person drink a mixture of certain ones. Essential Oils can cure mild pain, depression, cancer, and gayness. Surely one or a mixture of several can cure Coronavid19
[Reply]
BWillie 07:57 PM 08-16-2020
Whatever company can convince dumb American antivaxxers to take it IMO
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:01 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Whatever company can convince dumb American antivaxxers to take it IMO
My wife and I were chatting the other day, and she expressed concern that antivaxxers would ruin the effectiveness of vaccines. My response was that I don't care that much as long as I'm vaccinated. If people enjoy getting sick, and they only infect other people who enjoy getting sick, then the only downside for me is hearing their annoying coughing and dying when I'm out on the town.

She did bring up the good point, though, that if people have permanent medical issues as a result, they could drag down the economy. I guess that's a good point.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:01 PM 08-16-2020
If it comes from China it will have been accomplished with stolen U.S. research. At the least that should put an asterisk next to their name in the record book.
[Reply]
loochy 08:09 PM 08-16-2020
IBIO!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:40 PM 08-16-2020
China already had a vaccine before they unleashed the virus on the world. It's part of their 100 year plan.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:42 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
IBIO!
Q
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up