ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 153
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:34 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I obviously missed that, because I didn't realize you knew him. That's really cool.
I can’t say that I know him but he’s a client of a friend, and they’re actual friends as well, so I’ve hung out a few times.

He’s a good dude.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:50 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think I mentioned it in one of the Star Wars threads but I spoke to Pedro last year in August, which is when he told me adamantly that he was not portraying Boba Fett, that he loved the role and loved being in Star Wars.

It’s difficult for me to take this story seriously when I saw and heard the joy in the man’s voice over being in Star Wars, and there’s no doubt they were already filming Season 2 at that point, so this isn’t adding up.

Yes, Favreau can be an asshole but he’s not going to jeopardize his own creation.
Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:31 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If he is gone, it might end up being the least impactful recasting in TV history.
This is the biggest reason this smells like bullshit to me. It makes no sense for them to scramble and rewrite half the season when it would be so much easier and cheaper to just recast it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:31 AM 09-22-2020
Also, James Caan revealed this week that there will never be an Elf sequel because Favreau and Will Ferrell did not get along, whatsoever, during the original shoot, which gives even more credence to the notion that Favreau is very difficult on set.

I had a friend that worked on one of the Marvel films earlier this decade and asked "What was it like to work with Favreau?".

The first word that came out of his mouth was "Asshole".
Thats disappointing to hear. Ive liked his work even as far back as his 90s acting gigs like Swingers, Rudy and Friends, etc....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:04 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Thats disappointing to hear. Ive liked his work even as far back as his 90s acting gigs like Swingers, Rudy and Friends, etc....
The guy has been responsible Disney and Marvel films that have grossed billions and billions of dollars and from my understanding, always runs a tight ship, which is important when given $200 million dollar budgets or $150 million for an 8 episode TV show, making it completely understandable.

And please note that I stated “On Set”, which is different than in his personal life.

I’m sure I’d be an asshole too with the weight off a $200 million production on my shoulders.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:10 AM 09-22-2020
The guy has been responsible Disney and Marvel films that have grossed billions and billions of dollars and from my understanding, always runs a tight ship, which is important when given $200 million dollar budgets or $150 million for an 8 episode TV show, making it completely understandable.

And please note that I stated “On Set”, which is different than in his personal life.

I’m sure I’d be an asshole too with the weight off a $200 million production on my shoulders.
Thats true. Many great talents are/were A holes on set. Sometimes you have to be to get shit done.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:54 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Thats true. Many great talents are/were A holes on set. Sometimes you have to be to get shit done.
Yeah, there's not a lot of time for chit-chat when you're burning through a million dollars or more per day.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:28 PM 10-02-2020

BREAKING: @disneyplus has now confirmed that @rosariodawson and #TimothyOlyphant will have roles in #TheMandalorian Season 2! Details: https://t.co/YWFk4YuF59

— Star Wars Direct (@StarWars_Direct) October 3, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:39 PM 10-02-2020
I think Olyphant is going to be Cobb Vanth, the man who assumes Boba Fett’s identity after finding the armor while Temura Morrison is actually Captain Rex.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:17 PM 10-02-2020
Love Olyphant! Great news
[Reply]
Frazod 11:18 PM 10-02-2020
That's awesome. Olyphant is one of my favorite actors.

And Rosario Dawson is.... Rosario Dawson. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:39 AM 10-03-2020
I think Olyphant is going to be Cobb Vanth, the man who assumes Boba Fett’s identity after finding the armor while Temura Morrison is actually Captain Rex.
That's been the prevailing rumor for months.

There's also the possibility that TM is playing more than one role.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:31 AM 10-04-2020
Had a random thought last night. What if Dawson isn't playing Ahsoka?
[Reply]
Bowser 08:34 AM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Had a random thought last night. What if Dawson isn't playing Ahsoka?
She doesn't fit the physicality of Ahsoka at all - she's way too tall, not that it has stopped other castings in other roles in other places. Just IMO.

But if not her, who else? A yet to be known character (obviously)?
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:26 PM 10-12-2020

[Reply]
Page 44 of 153
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up