ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 714 of 2691
« First < 214614664704710711712713714 71571671771872476481412141714 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:18 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm not sure about your age, but it seems very likely that neither of us has ever experienced our own drafted QB take the reins... and not only is he our own, he is the most exciting and sexy mfer since Rodgers

This franchise has taken a quantum leap forward with this move

I'm 58 & I've watched the Chiefs since the 1966 season. I've never seen it either!

I guess Mike Livingston(1968) was the first for me & he wasn't a QB that could lead a franchise even though he went 6-0 in 1969 but that was due to the team he had around him.

It was the downfall of Hank Stram that he never developed a QB after Lenny. Great head coaches need great QB's.

You can blame the Chiefs lack of playoff success for the last 48 years solely at the feet of never developing a franchise QB.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:28 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Which laws exactly?

The Mahomian Laws of Vertical Superiority.

And, like the laws of the Medes and Persians, once committed to print and seal, they can NEVER be changed or altered.

:-) #goindeep
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:28 PM 04-07-2018
I've never seen this before...funny stuff.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...an-chiefs-fans

This season is the 30th anniversary of the last time the Chiefs had a quarterback they drafted win a game for them. Some of you might remember Brodie Croyle, who went 0-10 to start (and end) his career. He didn’t win one.

It was Todd Blackledge early in the 1987 season. Here is the box score from that game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:35 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Great head coaches need great QB's.

You can blame the Chiefs lack of playoff success for the last 48 years solely at the feet of never developing a franchise QB.
All 100% true, for the most part head coaches can only look as good as their QB and surrounding personnel

Brain Bilick looked like the second coming of Bill Walsh when he had Carter, Moss, Smith and a rock solid O line... but right now, Reid has the offensive roster of his wet dreams and its going to pay off
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:44 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
All 100% true, for the most part head coaches can only look as good as their QB and surrounding personnel

Brain Bilick looked like the second coming of Bill Walsh when he had Carter, Moss, Smith and a rock solid O line... but right now, Reid has the offensive roster of his wet dreams and its going to pay off
HIS "wet dreams"????

MY wet dreams.

Only an offense this potent can out-kick Reid's shitty, shitty, game day coverage. Not even Reid can fuck this one up, thank God.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:52 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I've never seen this before...funny stuff.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...an-chiefs-fans

This season is the 30th anniversary of the last time the Chiefs had a quarterback they drafted win a game for them. Some of you might remember Brodie Croyle, who went 0-10 to start (and end) his career. He didn’t win one.

It was Todd Blackledge early in the 1987 season. Here is the box score from that game.
6/15- 79yrds -1 int
:-)

My GOD we sucked back then.

Mahomes Mahomes Mahomes
[Reply]
threebag 07:54 PM 04-07-2018
Blackledge was suppose to be the next coming of Christ
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:44 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Blackledge was suppose to be the next coming of Christ
Ya and I guess they didn't take Marino because he had a bad workout and was cursing and Hunt didn't like that. That bit the Chiefs right in the ass. If they took Marino, they would have won a Super Bowl in the 90s. Now, maybe they don't get DT and some of those guys because of how bad they were in the late 80s. But I think Marino would've got one in KC. Shit even Jim Kelly would've possibly won one although he was 0/4 in Buffalo
[Reply]
threebag 08:45 PM 04-07-2018
I loved the defenses of those years. Lot of special players on the defensive side of the ball back then.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:44 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
6/15- 79yrds -1 int

:-)

My GOD we sucked back then.

Mahomes Mahomes Mahomes

Blackledge had a much better game the next week vs Seattle.

8/15- 59yds-1td

Matt Stevens started against the Raiders the next week. :-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:59 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Which laws exactly?
I'm not going to continue to clutter this thread. 8 will, instead, point you to a link that explains how the big bullshit theory violates the first and second laws of thermodynamics. You can read it at your leisure and leave this thread to Mahomes discussion.

https://thetechreader.com/top-ten/to...g-bang-theory/
[Reply]
Priest31kc 07:28 AM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm not going to continue to clutter this thread. 8 will, instead, point you to a link that explains how the big bullshit theory violates the first and second laws of thermodynamics. You can read it at your leisure and leave this thread to Mahomes discussion.

https://thetechreader.com/top-ten/to...g-bang-theory/
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:19 AM 04-08-2018
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/04/...atters-chiefs/

The Kansas City Chiefs can add players here and there, but really, the only thing that really matters is how well Patrick Mahomes fares as a starter.

Sure, the Chiefs have invested millions in Sammy Watkins and millions more in Anthony Hitchens. They’ve traded away Marcus Peters and placed the leftover hope in Kendall Fuller. They’ve replaced Derrick Johnson and Ron Parker. They’ve taken chances on David Amerson and Damien Williams. They’ll also introduce an entire new draft class of rookies in a few weeks.

None of this matters.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Best22 09:10 AM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Ya and I guess they didn't take Marino because he had a bad workout and was cursing and Hunt didn't like that. That bit the Chiefs right in the ass. If they took Marino, they would have won a Super Bowl in the 90s. Now, maybe they don't get DT and some of those guys because of how bad they were in the late 80s. But I think Marino would've got one in KC. Shit even Jim Kelly would've possibly won one although he was 0/4 in Buffalo
Somewhat. Marino had a shaky senior season, and was also linked to drug use. He was drafted by the reigning AFC Champion Dolphins in 1983, proof that many teams felt the same way and passed him over.

(Marino and Blackledge is further proof that the hot-shot national Champ isn't always the best choice).

There is no guarantee he could have led us to a Superbowl in the early 90s. The NFC was absolutely STACKED in the 80s and 90s. Marino's Super Bowl team went 14-2, blitzed through the playoffs, but were trounced in the Superbowl by mighty SF. Those Buffalo teams were extremely talented but even they couldn't topple the NFC

Now, I do I think if Marino survived to 1997, and we had that same team=Superbowl.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:21 AM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
The question becomes, did we have a real QB staff to coach him up at the time ? I get your point that he would have been successful just based on talent alone BUT you know as well as I do 50% of the battle for a QB coming into the NFL with athletic talent and a great arm is not only the system but being coached up the right way. AR is the first in KC's history to be a legit QB maker IF the kid has at least a brain and a decent arm IMHO.
[Reply]
Page 714 of 2691
« First < 214614664704710711712713714 71571671771872476481412141714 > Last »
Up