ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 94
« First < 36768283848586 87888990 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:22 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I definitely felt the tension and action rising throughout this episode. It’s like they had to get us good and settled in the world and get our heads wrapped around the timelines before taking off. I also can’t wait for season to conclude so I can go back and binge. I think it will be better binged instead of serialized.

My buddy took over writing duties from Milch, who had to go work on the deadwood project, in episode 5, so I’m ready for next week.
Ey tell your friend to tell Pizz I have a pitch for Season 5.
[Reply]
RN47 09:12 AM 02-08-2019
I fell asleep during the last 15 minutes of Episode 5. Sorry, it's just not grabbing me at all. This season isn't terrible, it's just achingly slow and so poorly paced as to be uninteresting. I've never seen Mahershala Ali before (not that I can recall), and everyone says he's a great actor-- but he's not doing anything spectacular in this series except trying too hard to be a black quasi Rustin Cohle. I don't think it's his fault, his character is just written that way. There's no angle or subplot that has been dangled or teased in any interesting way to make me care; and again this could be rural Anytown, USA-- they whiffed on working any unique nuances of Arkansas into the script.

My wife turned to me and said she didn't care if we even finished the season. If some weird contractual matter forced the rest of the episodes to go un-aired, I have to say I wouldn't be bothered that much.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:24 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 02-08-2019
Maybe I just have bad taste in shoes, I’m really enjoying this season
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:06 PM 02-08-2019
Every time Hayes is going to have sex with his hot wife, they cut away and imply it. Too Bad. She's smokin hot.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:08 PM 02-08-2019
Maybe I just have bad taste in shoes, I’m really enjoying this season
Agreed.
[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Every time Hayes is going to have sex with his hot wife, they cut away and imply it. Too Bad. She's smokin hot.
Yes very upsetting
[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Agreed.
I dunno, I feel like at this point I’m the series it’s there with season 1
[Reply]
vailpass 02:31 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by RN47:
I fell asleep during the last 15 minutes of Episode 5. Sorry, it's just not grabbing me at all. This season isn't terrible, it's just achingly slow and so poorly paced as to be uninteresting. I've never seen Mahershala Ali before (not that I can recall), and everyone says he's a great actor-- but he's not doing anything spectacular in this series except trying too hard to be a black quasi Rustin Cohle. I don't think it's his fault, his character is just written that way. There's no angle or subplot that has been dangled or teased in any interesting way to make me care; and again this could be rural Anytown, USA-- they whiffed on working any unique nuances of Arkansas into the script.

My wife turned to me and said she didn't care if we even finished the season. If some weird contractual matter forced the rest of the episodes to go un-aired, I have to say I wouldn't be bothered that much.
I’m in the same camp. I really wanted to like it and it’s just not there. Not a joke like season 2, not a masterpiece like season 1, just...not much there. Moving on.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:41 PM 02-08-2019
If Season 1 was Breaking Bad, Season 3 is Better Call Saul.

I love both, but there are clear differences in the pacing and storytelling.

Season 2 was like, the most inane episodes of Ozark or somesuch.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 04:56 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I’m in the same camp. I really wanted to like it and it’s just not there. Not a joke like season 2, not a masterpiece like season 1, just...not much there. Moving on.
Count me in as well. I've given up on anything remotely close to some of the fireworks from season 1.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 02-10-2019
Well what do we think is gonna happen tonight?
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:11 AM 02-10-2019
They'll smoke half a pack.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:38 PM 02-10-2019
I dunno, I feel like at this point I’m the series it’s there with season 1
It's beating S2 in sheer comprehensibility and enjoyment alone. And I like S2 for what it is.

Originally Posted by :
Who the fuck knows. I'm ready for it though. Getting the last episode three days early sucks because of the nine day wait that resulted from it.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:25 PM 02-10-2019
Slow build to some serious payoff in last 15 minutes or so tonight.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 94
« First < 36768283848586 87888990 > Last »
Up