ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Media Center>The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen
Fat Elvis 09:08 PM 12-12-2023

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
[Reply]
srvy 02:42 PM 03-27-2024
I took my family to see this last night also. I enjoyed Dune as written by Villeneuve and was heartbroken that Frank Herbert's novel has still not been brought to the cinema. Its been nearly 50 years I suppose since I read Dune and had so much hope after part one. My wife daughter and son loved the movie, so I didn't bring them down with my disappointment. I did encourage them to read the book and dug it out for any who might.

Fraz hit the just of it all in the spoilers so I wont go into that. I just know now that the coming movies will be botched and I have lost hope the Dune books will never be brought to the big screen.
[Reply]
srvy 03-27-2024, 02:44 PM
This message has been deleted by srvy. Reason: dbl post
Frazod 06:29 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I took my family to see this last night also. I enjoyed Dune as written by Villeneuve and was heartbroken that Frank Herbert's novel has still not been brought to the cinema. Its been nearly 50 years I suppose since I read Dune and had so much hope after part one. My wife daughter and son loved the movie, so I didn't bring them down with my disappointment. I did encourage them to read the book and dug it out for any who might.

Fraz hit the just of it all in the spoilers so I wont go into that. I just know now that the coming movies will be botched and I have lost hope the Dune books will never be brought to the big screen.
The first thing I did on the way home from the theater was call my best friend to warn him not to see it. It was his copy of Dune that I first read back in high school. He would have been just as pissed off and disappointed as I was, and I saved him that pain.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:24 PM 03-28-2024
I have had a couple days to reflect on this.

I had pretty high hopes after seeing Dune 1. In Dune 1 they made some obvious changes, but I thought, hey I can live with this. Dune 2 was a botch job folks.
Fraz indeed covered most if not all my gripes.
Perhaps cinema will never be able to meet my standards I have for this classic.

The take I get is most people who have never read the book enjoyed this movie.
People who read Dune and the following novels are most likely not happy.
I just find it an insult to the novel Dune and to all the book fans.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:37 AM 03-29-2024

[Reply]
Rausch 05:01 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'd watch that.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:38 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I have had a couple days to reflect on this.

I had pretty high hopes after seeing Dune 1. In Dune 1 they made some obvious changes, but I thought, hey I can live with this. Dune 2 was a botch job folks.
Fraz indeed covered most if not all my gripes.
Perhaps cinema will never be able to meet my standards I have for this classic.

The take I get is most people who have never read the book enjoyed this movie.
People who read Dune and the following novels are most likely not happy.
I just find it an insult to the novel Dune and to all the book fans.
I'm extremely happy I never read the book.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 07:57 AM 04-01-2024
Saw it last night… I’ve listened to the audiobooks (which are the best done I’ve ever listened to) over the last few months. But outside of Dune 2000 on pc, I had no history with the franchise. So take that fwiw.

I thought it was amazing. Better than the first even. Visually stunning obviously. Some gripes with the Chani storyline, but to be fair it is a massive story to fit into two movies.

This might sound corny, but I had legit goosebumps multiple times throughout the movie. Felt like watching a playoff game at certain times.

Edit - side note. Do movies start on there actually show time now? Got there around 802 for a 750 showing assuming there are 20-30 min of previews and missed the first 10 min :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up