ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 29
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CB Breeland signing with the Chiefs
The Franchise 10:06 AM 03-18-2019

Former Packers CB Bashaud Breeland is signing with the Chiefs, a source told ESPN

— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) March 18, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would imagine in their mind, Fuller and Hitchens are impact players or atleast they'd like them to be.

Whether that works or not, who knows.
I hope that's not what they're imagining. Fuller is a good player, don't get me wrong. Hitches was a disaster last season. I get it, scheme change and all that. Regardless, he's done nothing to inspire confidence. He could be a good role player, i hope.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:59 AM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I hope that's not what they're imagining. Fuller is a good player, don't get me wrong. Hitches was a disaster last season. I get it, scheme change and all that. Regardless, he's done nothing to inspire confidence. He could be a good role player, i hope.
He is not a MLB
[Reply]
JakeF 11:59 AM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
There was literally nothing we could do to make this defense “good” in one offseason. If we kept Houston and Ford, our defense would still stink just like last year.

There’s also no scenario where we keep Houston, Ford, and add through free agency.

Our defense will probably be bottom 10. Hopefully we only allow about 21ppg. That may be enough.

The defense will stink to begin the year, hopefully they start to gel under the new schemes, discipline by playoff time
Other teams have turned around one side of the ball in a single offseason before. :-)

Ok then, we better hope that nobody gets hurt on offense. If Hill goes to jail or Kelce gets hurt, we're done.
[Reply]
Best22 12:06 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Other teams have turned around one side of the ball in a single offseason before. :-)

Ok then, we better hope that nobody gets hurt on offense. If Hill goes to jail or Kelce gets hurt, we're done.
I’m actually optimistic the defense will be better this year. Dumping Ford and Houston was necessary.

Also, we can’t underestimate the impact improved coaching/accountability can have on a defense

Early on I foresee more shootouts, but as the season progresses I think KC will be the best team. 2019 is our year
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:06 PM 03-18-2019
Some of you are acting like we need a star at every position on D. We dont at all most teams have a few star players. What I wanna see is if these picks from the last couple of years can amount to just solid starters or good rotational players. Right now we are set in the secondary with Mathieu and Watts/Lucas at safety, Breeland, Fuller, and Ward at CB. Sure go get a couple of guys for depth. Then on D line the middle is set with Jones and Nnadi at DT and it seems like Okafor will start at one of the end positions the other end can be speaks or Kpass. Then LB we have Hitchens(who may be better with the be d-coordinator) Ragland (he sucks and needs replaced), and DoD. I really only see us needing to get a starter out of 2 picks. A LB and a pass rusher. Time to see what our young guys can do.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 12:08 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
I’m actually optimistic the defense will be better this year. Dumping Ford and Houston was necessary.

Also, we can’t underestimate the impact improved coaching/accountability can have on a defense

Early on I foresee more shootouts, but as the season progresses I think KC will be the best team. 2019 is our year
At a minimum I think we will be much better at stopping the run this year.

Tyrann feels legitimately pumped to be here and I hope he infects the defensive side of the ball with his aggression and enthusiasm. We didn't have that "spirit" at all on the defensive side of the ball last season.
[Reply]
farmerchief 12:22 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
At a minimum I think we will be much better at stopping the run this year.

Tyrann feels legitimately pumped to be here and I hope he infects the defensive side of the ball with his aggression and enthusiasm. We didn't have that "spirit" at all on the defensive side of the ball last season.
Well, we did have the spirit, but he spent most of the year on the sideline as cheerleqder
[Reply]
tmax63 12:22 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Some of you are acting like we need a star at every position on D. We dont at all most teams have a few star players. What I wanna see is if these picks from the last couple of years can amount to just solid starters or good rotational players. Right now we are set in the secondary with Mathieu and Watts/Lucas at safety, Breeland, Fuller, and Ward at CB. Sure go get a couple of guys for depth. Then on D line the middle is set with Jones and Nnadi at DT and it seems like Okafor will start at one of the end positions the other end can be speaks or Kpass. Then LB we have Hitchens(who may be better with the be d-coordinator) Ragland (he sucks and needs replaced), and DoD. I really only see us needing to get a starter out of 2 picks. A LB and a pass rusher. Time to see what our young guys can do.
Don't forget that Williams dude from Dallas as another LB. Their backups are better than KC's starters most likely. At least it's more competition. I believe that with the coaching and scheme changes as well as new faces and leadership that they're already 5-8 spots better than last year. Time will tell.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:23 PM 03-18-2019

Guess he kinda a hot head also.

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:41 PM 03-18-2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:44 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why not Greedy Williams. I do think he will be gone by our pick but he is the best press man corner in the draft. Murphy is a zone CB. Baker shows potential but is still more raw than Murphy or Williams.
He still looks like he plays stiffer than he tested to me.

I'm not a huge Greedy Williams fan either. I think I'm in a minority there and he timed better than I expected. Maybe it's just an optical illusion because he's a fairly big guy, but he doesn't move as fluidly as I like from a high-end CB.

Murphy's my favorite CB in the draft.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:49 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He still looks like he plays stiffer than he tested to me.

I'm not a huge Greedy Williams fan either. I think I'm in a minority there and he timed better than I expected. Maybe it's just an optical illusion because he's a fairly big guy, but he doesn't move as fluidly as I like from a high-end CB.

Murphy's my favorite CB in the draft.
Fuck, im not a fan of any of these corners really. Maybe i havent watched enough to convince myself.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by thabear04:

Guess he kinda a hot head also.
Damn, #12 tagged him good. Who was that?
[Reply]
thabear04 12:58 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Damn, #12 tagged him good. Who was that?
That video was back in 2014 so it was Andre Roberts.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 01:00 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Btw Vontaze Burfict released
Originally Posted by chinaski:
**** that guy. He's a headhunter POS.
I'd sign him if we can get him cheap. We may definitely use a headhunter, enough of the good guys. Bring some mother****ing attitude to this pussies defense.
Just unleashing the guy on Edelman would be a worth a one year contract...:-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 29
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up