Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Khalen Saunders Thread*****
Dante84 08:37 PM 04-26-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 07:51 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - If anything that class has gotten WORSE over time with Nnadi flaming out so badly and DoD simply never developing at all.

But we gave up the '18 first to get Mahomes so if you figure even 30% of 'The Patrick Price' is plowed into the '18 draft, it's still a win...
I really thought DOD was going to develop into something. He had all the athletic tools to be a steady starter. He couldn't see the field from his corner of the bench. We got more playing time from UDFAs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:38 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I really thought DOD was going to develop into something. He had all the athletic tools to be a steady starter. He couldn't see the field from his corner of the bench. We got more playing time from UDFAs.
So, the question is how did Bert go from THAT to where we are now? I know he learned, but damn.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:02 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
So, the question is how did Bert go from THAT to where we are now? I know he learned, but damn.
Probably has a lot to do with the scouting department.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:27 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Probably has a lot to do with the scouting department.
Year one was some left over Dorsey guys but several bailed or were let go if I remember right.

Also didn’t Nnadi have a back injury in training camp or something? Probably the decline cause.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:13 PM 02-13-2023

Khalen Saunders with the effort play of the game. You don't see closing speed from guys this size but look at the back end. Receivers being passed off well, Hurts gets a little pressure off the right and trickles out allowing Saunders to engage thrusters pic.twitter.com/QlTNp0n0O6

— Daniel Harms�� (@InHarmsWay19) February 14, 2023

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:43 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think the Speaks fuckup kind of put Veach on tilt the rest of the draft. He wasted resources chasing after the last guy in a supposed top tier of pass rushers, he got him, but then couldn't really maneuver around the board successfully and made a couple of really really weird choices. Like taking a fucking perma special teamer in round 3.

Since then, he has yet to "chase" after tiers or give as much of a shit about positional needs in the first few rounds, which is why we've done way better in recent years. Yeah, he still has players he likes and if he wants them, he goes after them, but he doesn't let those pursuits fuck up how he wants to approach the rest of his board.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think the Speaks fuckup kind of put Veach on tilt the rest of the draft. He wasted resources chasing after the last guy in a supposed top tier of pass rushers, he got him, but then couldn't really maneuver around the board successfully and made a couple of really really weird choices. Like taking a fucking perma special teamer in round 3.

Since then, he has yet to "chase" after tiers or give as much of a shit about positional needs in the first few rounds, which is why we've done way better in recent years. Yeah, he still has players he likes and if he wants them, he goes after them, but he doesn't let those pursuits fuck up how he wants to approach the rest of his board.
He did, by his own admission, with Moore.

He made the trade back from 50 to 54 and intended to take Cook at 54. Then 3 WRs went off the board in the next 4 picks and he was worried about missing out at WR so he pivoted and went with Moore over Cook.

Now if he'll admit that much, you know there are probably other similar situations that have played out as well. He just didn't get both guys he might have wanted there so without a 'happy ending', he just doesn't tell the story.

I think his approach is pretty similar to what it's always been - he's just executed it better. He understands better what he wants and what he's looking for. And frankly, the roster has just improved enough that he can be more targeted in what he pursues.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:49 PM 02-18-2023
money shot

[Reply]
Hydrae 06:00 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
money shot

Dunlap flashing in front of Hurts caused him to scramble. Khalen just holding his block, looking to shed and chase as he did. Then, the switching coverage in the back end was the last piece to that play. Just great all around and great effort by Saunders.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:00 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
money shot

That's 100 percent effort. Maybe he can work with Frank
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:21 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think the Speaks ****up kind of put Veach on tilt the rest of the draft. He wasted resources chasing after the last guy in a supposed top tier of pass rushers, he got him, but then couldn't really maneuver around the board successfully and made a couple of really really weird choices. Like taking a ****ing perma special teamer in round 3.
Well, I think there may well be truth to what both you and SNR are saying. But overall, I think it's partly just growing into the role, being comfortable with his scouting team, and maybe most importantly, he's had 100% consistency in both the offensive scheme and coaching staff and the defensive scheme and coaching staff.

So he can really pinpoint what is needed, specific skillsets, scheme fits, etc. There's just less guesswork 5 years into a consistent organization on all fronts.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:27 PM 02-18-2023
Jesus fucking Christ you really don't get a feel for how fast Saunders was actually moving until that angle.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:04 PM 02-18-2023
:-) Saunders is probably like 6’1” 330 and could still beat 99.9% of CP in a foot race.

(I’m the .1%. Y’all stay safe, though)
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:05 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Jesus fucking Christ you really don't get a feel for how fast Saunders was actually moving until that angle.
There shouldn't be any physical way that a dude that size can be that fucking quick. It's insane.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:08 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-) Saunders is probably like 6’1” 330 and could still beat 99.9% of CP in a foot race.

(I’m the .1%. Y’all stay safe, though)
Tbf though, 99.9% is shorter, weighs more, has a goatee, and bald.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Up