ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 43
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:09 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They aren't going to pay Damien Williams almost 3 million dollars to be a backup when cap room is going to be limited.

Okafor is toast his contract restructure sealed that.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His cap hit is $2.6M with $533K of dead money. I wouldn't say it's guaranteed they'll cut him but I'm sure they'll at least evaluate it.
Who are they going to get to be the backup that's as good as Williams for cheaper? Another rookie?

Latavius Murray and Duke Johnson make over 4 mil this year. Mike Davis Jalen Richard and rex burkhead all make around 3 mil. McKinnon and hyde are making north of 2.5.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
His salary is $1.7M.

Assuming he comes back in shape, they’re keeping him.
I would think so but like Mecca said, with COVID and the cap, they might have to look at some moves like this.

In any normal year, there's no way they'd cut him for what he costs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Who are they going to get to be the backup that's as good as Williams for cheaper? Another rookie?

Latavius Murray and Duke Johnson make over 4 mil this year. Mike Davis Jalen Richard and rex burkhead all make around 3 mil. McKinnon and hyde are making north of 2.5.
I actually agree with you. I don't think he's a sure cut candidate at all.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:13 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nope. We’ll move the can down the road and have guys like Mathieu take extensions to lower the 2021 cap hit and free money.

Guys will take free money too. Eric Fisher and Frank Clark had money turned into gauranteed money which lowered their cap hit and gave us more money.

The cap is iterative. Lots of ways to work that bitch
You aren't even accounting for the actual playing time that is going to have to be replaced though...unless you think 4 rookies are gonna step in and play well right away it's not a great spot.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:15 PM 11-17-2020
Nope. We’ll move the can down the road and have guys like Mathieu take extensions to lower the 2021 cap hit and free money.

Guys will take free money too. Eric Fisher and Frank Clark had money turned into gauranteed money which lowered their cap hit and gave us more money.

The cap is iterative. Lots of ways to work that bitch
Kelce has a 7.7 mil roster bonus that can be changed to a signing bonus that would cut about 6 mil off the cap.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 11-17-2020
You aren't even accounting for the actual playing time that is going to have to be replaced though...unless you think 4 rookies are gonna step in and play well right away it's not a great spot.
Well we’ve done well the last 2 years with rookies. Mecole, Thornhill, Saunders and Fenton last year and Clyde, Snead, Wharton, Danna and Gay (soon).

Don’t forget about guys like Ragland, Rankin and Ward. Those guys were trades and are paid like rookies. More of those trades will continue to happen.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:21 PM 11-17-2020
Guys can we all just relax. Veach turned 177 dollars in cap space into a Watkins, Jones, Mahomes, Kelce and re signed D Rob. Also signed Taco, Remmers, Kilgore and Bell. He’s a cap god!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:22 PM 11-17-2020
Well we’ve done well the last 2 years with rookies. Mecole, Thornhill, Saunders and Fenton last year and Clyde, Snead, Wharton, Danna and Gay (soon).

Don’t forget about guys like Ragland, Rankin and Ward. Those guys were trades and are paid like rookies. More of those trades will continue to happen.
WR concerns me because it takes time to learn the offense and we could easily lose Watkins and Robinson.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Guys can we all just relax. Veach turned 177 dollars in cap space into a Watkins, Jones, Mahomes, Kelce and re signed D Rob. Also signed Taco, Remmers, Kilgore and Bell. He’s a cap god!

[Reply]
Hoover 01:25 PM 11-17-2020
Williams replaces Bell as CEH's backup next season. It's perfect. The money you would save cutting him would be spent replacing him. Very clear that Andy likes having a trusted vet in the backfield.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:27 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His cap hit is $2.6M with $533K of dead money. I wouldn't say it's guaranteed they'll cut him but I'm sure they'll at least evaluate it.
You think they can replace his skillset and experience in the offense for $2 million?
[Reply]
Hoover 01:28 PM 11-17-2020
WR concerns me because it takes time to learn the offense and we could easily lose Watkins and Robinson.
That's the least of my concern.

1. We have Kelce, Hill, and Hardman.
2. We have Mahomes at QB - dude will make whoever is out there look like a God at times.
3. The market forced DRob back to the Chiefs, and it could happen again with him and Watkins. At some point guys like that have to accept the fact that they don't have high earning potential. The good news is that Sammy has already made bank. I can see one of them doing the team friendly deal. And if not, see ya bye.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:29 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He sounds like a steal.
Fits right in with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:29 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
That's the least of my concern.

1. We have Kelce, Hill, and Hardman.
2. We have Mahomes at QB - dude will make whoever is out there look like a God at times.
3. The market forced DRob back to the Chiefs, and it could happen again with him and Watkins. At some point guys like that have to accept the fact that they don't have high earning potential. The good news is that Sammy has already made bank. I can see one of them doing the team friendly deal. And if not, see ya bye.
If Bienemy takes a job like say the Jets, we're going to lose guys like Robinson that is the type of shit that always happens.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:29 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You think they can replace his skillset and experience in the offense for $2 million?
Not close. That's what Carlos Hyde is making.... Think about that for a second.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 43
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up