ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 28
« First < 172324252627 28 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:16 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Lol, did u even serve bro?

Newsflash; servicemembers aren't private citizens. Servicemembers are property of the U.S. Government. You can receive non-judicial punishment for a sunburn (damaging government property)-- ask me how I know.

My vaccination record is three pages by itself. I've received four vaccinations in one day; two in each arm--> no idea what they were for.
Yup and then you have things like this given to soldiers that was not FDA approved and could only be given overseas. And then you end up with Gulf War Syndrome.

Originally Posted by :
Pyridostigmine bromide (PB)
Hand holding round white pills
Anti-nerve agent pill used during the Gulf War as a pretreatment to protect military personnel from death in an attack with the nerve agent soman.
Supplied in the Gulf War as 21-tablet blister pack, with prescribed dosage as one 30-mg tablet every 8 hours. Veterans’ actual exposure is not known, because pills were self-administered and there are few examples in individual or unit health records from the Department of Defense.

Originally Posted by :
Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses report Gulf War Illness and the Health of Gulf War Veterans (7.2 MB, PDF) (2008)
Found evidence of an association between exposure to PB and pesticides and multisymptom illness consistent with "Gulf War Illness."
HMD Gulf War and Health report Depleted Uranium, Sarin, Pyridostigmine Bromide, and Vaccines (2000)
Further research is needed on PB and other agents, as well as on genetic factors and long-term health effects.

[Reply]
Cheater5 12:52 PM 04-09-2021

Caption ^^^^ "This seems safe"

Military servicemembers have been human test subjects for like, ever. From battlefield / trauma medicine, to R&D for extreme cold weather, starvation, sleep deprivation, LSD, etc.

Ready-made and obedient lab rats.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:38 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The military has never had a problem forcing vaccines on its members before that I'm aware of
Good chance they have already given a large portion of soldiers the vaccine and they don't even know it.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:19 PM 04-09-2021
This lady is fired up....

https://twitter.com/theonlyrymac/sta...320966148?s=20
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:29 PM 04-09-2021
Poor ferrets. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:32 PM 04-09-2021
Parents being unwilling to let their children receive the jab is clearly selfish.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:58 PM 04-09-2021
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...-approval.html

Originally Posted by :
Despite the popular belief that the Pentagon can inject troops with anything it wants, military leaders are unable to force service members to get the COVID vaccinations at this time because the shots are approved only under an emergency-use authorization.

[Reply]
stevieray 04-09-2021, 05:37 PM
This message has been deleted by stevieray.
srvy 05:46 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Somewhere Richard Gere is crying, How could they waste these wonderful animals on vaccine testing.

How bout Ferrets Rich
[Reply]
srvy 05:46 PM 04-09-2021
Somewhere Richard Gere is crying, How could they waste these wonderful animals on vaccine testing.

How bout Ferrets Rich
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:51 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
eh....if Josh Allen was just some guy off the street, nobody would care because we wouldn't even know. Just because he's fantastic at a sport doesn't mean he can't manage his own risk in the way that he feels prudent or right for him and the people he cares about.

So, if people are uncomfortable going out in public for fear of those that don't get vaccinated, that is the risk that person has to manage, not a risk that the unvaccinated have to make for that person. For instance, If they want to isolate and quarantine until 100% of the population is vaccinated, well, for one, they'll be waiting a long time, but for two, that's their prerogative to do so....But it's up to them to make their own risk / reward judgement on what's best for them....it's not Josh Allen's or really, anyone else's risk assessment to make.

So, if a person is uncomfortable with the risk/reward of resuming normal life functions over the fear of Covid....that's on them. But my guess is that, when the risk/reward is fully scrutinized, most people will take the risk because the reward is much greater than the risk will bear....
:-)

I guess people should risk dying from the vaccine- so others won't feel uncomfortable. Its all about feelings. People with irrational fears of Covid are now turning into vaccine Nazis. Which makes zero sense. If you have taken the vaccine then you can't get it from someone who hasn't- so why public shame them? :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:32 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, 251
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Impressive.
250 die a year from falling coconuts, BAN COCONUTS!
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:44 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Lol, did u even serve bro?

Newsflash; servicemembers aren't private citizens. Servicemembers are property of the U.S. Government. You can receive non-judicial punishment for a sunburn (damaging government property)-- ask me how I know.

My vaccination record is three pages by itself. I've received four vaccinations in one day; two in each arm--> no idea what they were for.
This shit is nothing compared to the anthrax shots I had to get. That shit fucking hurt like a bitch afterwards.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 04-10-2021
There's definitely some hypocrisy on the surface, but just like an Alex Smith debate, a lot of it is a product of people's first-grade level of comprehension and debate, so everyone gets pigeonholed into the two extremes with no gray area.
There are a great many people here that desire the extremes, no pigeonholing necessary.

And no offense, but the hyperbole of "lamenting every, single, last, death" is part of that (I get it... we all talk about the same stuff forever and the hyperbole comes out).
Um, yeah, that was the whole point. I was pointing out hyperbole by using hyperbole. Seriously, when the canned response to any dissenting opinion is "but XXX deaths" then yeah, that's hyperbole.

And I'll admit, reading this thread, I noticed the pattern of some of the people who have dismissed Covid as a real threat for the past year and have called others afraid and scared of a virus, are now what I could easily call "afraid" of a vaccine. One of those things killed 600k Americans and caused serious long term issues to many others (and we had relatively little control over it), while the other will most likely kill or cause issues for a small fraction of 600k (and has been tested and so forth).
Deaths are deaths. You either care about people dying or you don't. I find it odd that you're only willing to acknowledge hypocrisy from one side when it's blatantly obvious that both sides are full of people that are full of shit. Not everybody, mind you, but a metric ton on both sides.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:50 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This shit is nothing compared to the anthrax shots I had to get. That shit fucking hurt like a bitch afterwards.
The typhoid shot is the one that really knocked me on my ass. Couldn't use the arm that took the shot for like a day, and I felt like I was on death's doorstep for like three days. Miss getting that shot like I miss having hemorrhoid's.
[Reply]
Donger 02:55 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Deaths are deaths. You either care about people dying or you don't. I find it odd that you're only willing to acknowledge hypocrisy from one side when it's blatantly obvious that both sides are full of people that are full of shit. Not everybody, mind you, but a metric ton on both sides.
What's the example of hypocrisy from the people who care about the 575,000 deaths?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:12 PM 04-10-2021
CP Corgi found a new merry-go-round!!
[Reply]
Page 27 of 28
« First < 172324252627 28 >
Up