ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Donger 11:47 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Oh so statistically 99.999996% of kids don't die from it.
Thankfully, it's not as deadly to young people, yes.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:47 AM 04-08-2021
Normal coronaviruses we have had every year have an 8% fatality rate once they reach a nursing home.

But everything is now supposed to be super scary. How did we go all these years as "vectors of disease" just living life?

Now there is a new religion you can accept into your heart where death is forbidden.
[Reply]
TLO 04-08-2021, 11:48 AM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: Thread is broken
Ebolapox 11:49 AM 04-08-2021
so did TLO kill Rona/
[Reply]
Donger 11:55 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Normal coronaviruses we have had every year have an 8% fatality rate once they reach a nursing home.

But everything is now supposed to be super scary. How did we go all these years as "vectors of disease" just living life?

Now there is a new religion you can accept into your heart where death is forbidden.
What are these normal coronaviruses, and what illness do they cause that has an IFR of 8% in nursing homes?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 11:56 AM 04-08-2021
You either trust people who eat bats. Or you trust science.

It comes to me as no shock that Josh Allen is a bat eater.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04-08-2021, 12:01 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: WTF
MahomesMagic 12:11 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
What are these normal coronaviruses, and what illness do they cause that has an IFR of 8% in nursing homes?
It's not an IFR. Old people in nursing homes can be taken out by the coronaviruses that give others a cold.

Sorry this info is new to you.
[Reply]
Donger 12:12 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's not an IFR. Old people in nursing homes can be taken out by the coronaviruses that give others a cold.

Sorry this info is new to you.
And where did you come up with this 8% figure of old folks dying of the common cold?

And, you seem to be making an equivalence to the common cold caused by a coronavirus and COVID. Is that correct?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:15 PM 04-08-2021
The FDA has approved thousands of drugs, many of which have a laundry list of side effects that would make your head spin. But they haven't approved this one yet. Why? They need more data. But if Josh Allen wants to see more data, suddenly he is the asshole?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 04-08-2021
It means if you get the vaccine you are taking a experimental drug which has never been approved.
This is a big part of why I don't get one at the moment. There isn't enough testing because it was fast tracked to market, I find that concerning.
[Reply]
morphius 12:21 PM 04-08-2021
It means if you get the vaccine you are taking a experimental drug which has never been approved.
Exactly. It generally takes time to see all side effects from drugs. How many commercials are on TV, "If you ever used x drug, and have these symptoms you can join our class action...". And those were much more thoroughly tested than the ones we are taking for Covid.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:22 PM 04-08-2021
I see Barepuss is on a deleting rampage again. Guess I will get removed from this thread too for pointing it out. Some people should never be given any power.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:22 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Exactly. It generally takes time to see all side effects from drugs. How many commercials are on TV, "If you ever used x drug, and have these symptoms you can join our class action...". And those were much more thoroughly tested than the ones we are taking for Covid.
hAvE yOu SeEn tHe sIdE eFfEctS oF aSpIrIn?!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:23 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is a big part of why I don't get one at the moment. There isn't enough testing because it was fast tracked to market, I find that concerning.
As of now there really has been enough testing. Pfizer announced last week that they have enough data to file for full FDA approval and will be doing so shortly. That approval will of course take some time, so maybe we don't see the full approval for another 3-4 months. But do you honestly expect anything to change by then? Over 100 million doses of vaccine have been administered by this point in the U.S., almost a 1/3rd of the total population. If there were truly awful side effects we'd be screwed.

The chances of the vaccine not being fully approved by the FDA are slim to none. So I guess if people feel better in August when the exact same vaccine has full approval then more power to them.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:24 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
I'm not sure how this validates the effectiveness of FDA approval.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:24 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
As of now there really has been enough testing. Pfizer announced last week that they have enough data to file for full FDA approval and will be doing so shortly. That approval will of course take some time, so maybe we don't see the full approval for another 3-4 months. But do you honestly expect anything to change by then? Over 100 million doses of vaccine have been administered by this point in the U.S., almost a 1/3rd of the total population. If there were truly awful side effects we'd be screwed.

The chances of the vaccine not being fully approved by the FDA are slim to none. So I guess if people feel better in August when the exact same vaccine has full approval then more power to them.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 28
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up