ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:45 AM 04-06-2021
Probably a dumb idea: Move Thuney to LT and take the best guard available? Maybe a move up for a guy like Alijah Vera-Tucker, who would seem to be closer to a sure thing than the mid-to-late 1st round tackles.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Probably a dumb idea: Move Thuney to LT and take the best guard available? Maybe a move up for a guy like Alijah Vera-Tucker, who would seem to be closer to a sure thing than the mid-to-late 1st round tackles.
Yeah. That would be monumentally stupid.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:52 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah. That would be monumentally stupid.
On the surface, it makes more sense than giving up multiple picks for an unproven OT. Assuming Thuney is as effective at LT as advertised.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:55 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sewell measured short of his anticipated height and his arms are only 33".

No, he wouldn't be a top pick in most classes and in fact, there's discussion now if he's even the top LT in THIS class because people have been more impressed by Slater despite his size.
Andy prefers 34 arms but that doesn’t mean everyone does. Sewell is easily the best Tackle in this class and it’s not really a discussion. This is like criticizing Patrick Mahomes for having 9.25 size hands.

But hey if a team wants to take Slater over him then so be it. Teams do that all the time. Raiders took Ferrell over the field and that was a disaster :-)

KC native Braden Smith has 32.25 arms and he’s very good at tackle, so it doesn’t appear to be a determining factor for most teams.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:57 AM 04-06-2021
The Bengals would be stupid to not take Sewell. If Burrow wants to survive in this league you take a LT
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:03 PM 04-06-2021
Bateman or Eichenberg, and whoever it is, our first pick is in the second round.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:14 PM 04-06-2021
And the Virginia Tech offense that he came from doesn’t worry you?
It does not.

What concerns me is his foot speed. He needs to be quicker because he's going to have to make a lot of "vertical sets" with all the ridiculous slippery stuff Mahomes does to buy time.

Honestly, I'd prefer doing what we have to do to land Eichenberg. But that just doesn't feel like a Veach pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:26 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It does not.

What concerns me is his foot speed. He needs to be quicker because he's going to have to make a lot of "vertical sets" with all the ridiculous slippery stuff Mahomes does to buy time.

Honestly, I'd prefer doing what we have to do to land Eichenberg. But that just doesn't feel like a Veach pick.
Eichenberg doesn’t have the athleticism or the arm length for this offense.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:29 PM 04-06-2021
He'll give you ten years of solid, fringe Pro Bowl protection on the blind side, though.

At the end of the 1st, I take that and run. Hell, I'd take that in the 20s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:33 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy prefers 34 arms but that doesn’t mean everyone does. Sewell is easily the best Tackle in this class and it’s not really a discussion. This is like criticizing Patrick Mahomes for having 9.25 size hands.

But hey if a team wants to take Slater over him then so be it. Teams do that all the time. Raiders took Ferrell over the field and that was a disaster :-)

KC native Braden Smith has 32.25 arms and he’s very good at tackle, so it doesn’t appear to be a determining factor for most teams.
Oh I'm not saying taking Slater over Sewell would be a good idea. Teams make stupid moves all the time based on things like this. It has definitely sparked a discussion whether that discussion actually has merit or not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 04-06-2021
Yep. I'm not sure he'd even be on their radar given the emphasis on SPARQ lately.
[Reply]
kcclone 01:39 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sewell is the best lineman in this draft. He will go in the top 10.
And he’s only 20. He’s going to be an ass kicker in the NFL
[Reply]
kcclone 01:42 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Bateman or Eichenberg, and whoever it is, our first pick is in the second round.
Brian Kelly said himself that Eichenberg is a plug and play RT but lacks the athleticism to be a LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
And he’s only 20. He’s going to be an ass kicker in the NFL
That's what they said about Amobi Okoye.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:52 PM 04-06-2021
DE or WR
[Reply]
Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up