ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well yea when I say depth, that doesn’t mean you can get a LT on day 3.

But you can get guys like Forsythe, Little, Brown, Ball etc. on day 2.

Also, I don’t think we need “elite”. We just need good players at those positions.
LT DE and QB being the cornerstone spots I think you wanna do all you can to have a baseline of "really good with high upside" there. Looking around the league, it's just tough to get by at those spots without a premium dude. Atleast at LT, the guy has to be pretty damn elite physically to have a chance to stick there. I think once we get past Cosmi...I dunno that I like those others before round 3 or 4.

I dunno, I'm excited to see what they do.
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 04-06-2021
Yea. He’s one of the only fringe round 1 guys that have the measurables that they typically look for at T.

I mean he’s a rare specimen physically. Just look at this:
From what I've read, he'd pretty much have to redshirt this first year? I dunno about a first rounder on that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:02 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah there's for sure depth. But depth doesn't always mean "elite". If you're looking for an elite DE or elite LT, usually, you're gonna have to spend a pretty hefty pick for that guy. Not always.

The more I read about this class, I'm just not sure about the LT depth. There very well could be, but I'm not sure once you get past the top 3 or 4 that it doesn't thin out.

With how they run the DL rotations here, I'm more optimistic on getting a DE who can play well there. But with the way Andy leaves the T's on islands, I'm not sure you can go with the guys available in the later picks like we may have to and be ok for a while.
There's plenty of depth. There's no "cream". That's the issue.

You want to trade up fo a guy like Darrisaw, who still needs to develop. Even Sewell isn't the consensus top LT in other classes. The top of this LT class is actually not that great compared to other years. It's kind of "2013-esque".

Trading a ton of picks to get a "maybe" is a really bad use of resources.
[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's plenty of depth. There's no "cream". That's the issue.

You want to trade up fo a guy like Darrisaw, who still needs to develop. Even Sewell isn't the consensus top LT in other classes. The top of this LT class is actually not that great compared to other years. It's kind of "2013-esque".

Trading a ton of picks to get a "maybe" is a really bad use of resources.
Sewell would be a top pick in most classes of LT's. Darrisaw seems like a pretty normal high end LT. He's not Anthony Munoz I don't think, but he's about what you'd normally get at 10-15 in the draft.

Is that worth trading up for? I would probably explore it all things considered.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:05 AM 04-06-2021
LT DE and QB being the cornerstone spots I think you wanna do all you can to have a baseline of "really good with high upside" there. Looking around the league, it's just tough to get by at those spots without a premium dude. Atleast at LT, the guy has to be pretty damn elite physically to have a chance to stick there. I think once we get past Cosmi...I dunno that I like those others before round 3 or 4.

I dunno, I'm excited to see what they do.
You’re constantly thinking in terms of rules and in absolutes. It’s silly.

Little, Brown, and Forsythe have as much upside as any LT prospect in this draft outside of Sewell.

Every prospect, draft, and situation is different.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 04-06-2021
You’re constantly thinking in terms of rules and in absolutes. It’s silly.

Little, Brown, and Forsythe have as much upside as any LT prospect in this draft outside of Sewell.

Every prospect, draft, and situation is different.
Outliers happen. For sure, 100%.

But I don't wanna bank on it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM 04-06-2021
Outliers happen. For sure, 100%.

But I don't wanna bank on it.
So you will pigeonhole yourself into a T in round 1 despite the depth and talent at the position because of a perceived “rule”.

Thank god you aren’t in charge...
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 04-06-2021
What really sucks is that Sewell is absolutely the perfect fit for a LT in Andy's offense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 04-06-2021
So you will pigeon hole yourself into a T in round 1 despite the depth and talent at the position because of a perceived “rule”.

Thank god you aren’t in charge...
LT is what, the 2nd most important position in football. They don't currently have one. So yeah, I'd say they're gonna be pretty aggressive to get one.

Until they sign a fill in type vet, I'm of the opinion they're pretty locked on someone in that first round either at 31 or via trade up.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 04-06-2021
LT is what, the 2nd most important position in football. They don't currently have one. So yeah, I'd say they're gonna be pretty aggressive to get one.

Until they sign a fill in type vet, I'm of the opinion they're pretty locked on someone in that first round either at 31 or via trade up.
That should be the preference and the goal.

But you shouldn’t feel you “have” to or that it’s the only way.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:18 AM 04-06-2021
I’m just excited to watch the implosion around here when the Chiefs don’t take a LT at 31.

Popcorn!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 04-06-2021
Sewell would be a top pick in most classes of LT's. Darrisaw seems like a pretty normal high end LT. He's not Anthony Munoz I don't think, but he's about what you'd normally get at 10-15 in the draft.

Is that worth trading up for? I would probably explore it all things considered.
Sewell measured short of his anticipated height and his arms are only 33".

No, he wouldn't be a top pick in most classes and in fact, there's discussion now if he's even the top LT in THIS class because people have been more impressed by Slater despite his size.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sewell measured short of his anticipated height and his arms are only 33".

No, he wouldn't be a top pick in most classes and in fact, there's discussion now if he's even the top LT in THIS class because people have been more impressed by Slater despite his size.
From what I've read, Sewell seemingly would be. Maybe I'm reading the wrong things.

I like Slater but I'm just not sure if he's a LT. Sewell is so athletic I dont' think the short arms will be much of a factor.

Shit, I hope a few of these others jump him. He gets to 12, I'd definitely trade up for him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:41 AM 04-06-2021
Sewell is the best lineman in this draft. He will go in the top 10.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:44 AM 04-06-2021

Samuel Cosmi is a OT prospect in the 2021 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 2 out of 1134 OT from 1987 to 2021. https://t.co/KIeGKJDQQm #RAS via @Mathbomb pic.twitter.com/RkYELl5qRu

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 5, 2021

Spencer Brown is a OT prospect in the 2021 draft class. He scored a 10 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 1 out of 1134 OT from 1987 to 2021. https://t.co/PFyAdjxUKo #RAS via @Mathbomb pic.twitter.com/fUbqW9QoSj

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 5, 2021

[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up