ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 AM 04-07-2021
EVERY LT has issues this year. There is no can’t miss prospect that the Chiefs have a shot at. Like O.City said. Take one and let him learn next to Thuney with Bell helping out from time to time.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
EVERY LT has issues this year. There is no can’t miss prospect that the Chiefs have a shot at. Like O.City said. Take one and let him learn next to Thuney with Tremble helping out from time to time.
Fixed :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fixed :-)
Don’t you fucking do that to me. I’m going to flip the fuck out if we draft Tremble this year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 04-07-2021
I just keep coming back to where the Chiefs will be picking yearly. As long as Mahomes is healthy and Andy is here, they're gonna be right there in the AFC champ game most years. It's gonna be hard to get players in the 30's of the first round that aren't 2nd round type prospects.

So if I can use one of those picks and go get a LT I think solidifies the spot, I think they'd do it.

I have no clue if they see one that does though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just keep coming back to where the Chiefs will be picking yearly. As long as Mahomes is healthy and Andy is here, they're gonna be right there in the AFC champ game most years. It's gonna be hard to get players in the 30's of the first round that aren't 2nd round type prospects.

So if I can use one of those picks and go get a LT I think solidifies the spot, I think they'd do it.

The flip side of that is that they can’t just keep giving up the opportunity to have cost controlled assets on their team. We’re talking about it now but look at what’s happened with missing out on so many first round picks. Yeah we’ve got Clark but we’re also talking about having to replace him next year. If you’re giving up those picks then you’d better hit on your other draft picks and do it consistently often.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 04-07-2021
The flip side of that is that they can’t just keep giving up the opportunity to have cost controlled assets on their team. We’re talking about it now but look at what’s happened with missing out on so many first round picks. Yeah we’ve got Clark but we’re also talking about having to replace him next year. If you’re giving up those picks then you’d better hit on your other draft picks and do it consistently often.
That's true. But it's easier to hit on some of those other spots than a DE or a LT. Thats my main argument for doing it.

I can make up missing on a safety or a corner.

DE and LT are just a step below QB in that they could be fatal flaws.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:10 AM 04-07-2021

The Patriots were so good for so long bc they took solid players in FA and the draft and had the QB and coach to put them over the top. We have the same thing here currently with Andy, Patrick and Spags.

We’re never going to get a first rd prospect picking so low, but getting CEH’s, Hardman’s and Thornhill’s is just fine.

The problem is when you start getting horrible ROI with picks like Speaks, Kpassagnon.

Lot of people hate picks like Hardman bc he isn’t healthy Sammy but forget that he’s been productive and helped us in multiple playoff games
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Patriots were so good for so long bc they took solid players in FA and the draft and had the QB and coach to put them over the top. We have the same thing here currently with Andy, Patrick and Spags.

We’re never going to get a first rd prospect picking so low, but getting CEH’s, Hardman’s and Thornhill’s is just fine.

The problem is when you start getting horrible ROI with picks like Speaks, Kpassagnon.

Lot of people hate picks like Hardman bc he isn’t healthy Sammy but forget that he’s been productive and helped us in multiple playoff games
Everybody wants a healthy Sammy replacement but they forget he was a top 10 pick. That shit isn’t happening.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:12 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Don’t you dare steal my dark horse prediction and pretend it’s yours!
So I’m guessing the plan would be to put Niang at LT and Leatherwood at RT in that scenario?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:17 AM 04-07-2021
So I’m guessing the plan would be to put Niang at LT and Leatherwood at RT in that scenario?
I was thinking about this more this morning.

Maybe Niang is their backup plan to Trent Williams. When we drafted Niang we knew he was going to be a replacement for one of the OT positions. We just all a assumed it was for Schwartz because he played RT in college. But Fisher was coming up on the last year of his deal as well. They went after Williams because they could put him at LT and Niang at RT. But they missed out on Williams and now we’ve heard crickets at that LT position. It’s not to say that’s what they’re thinking but it could be with the amount of OTs in this draft that are being listed as RTs.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 04-07-2021
No, you play the guy with experience at LT at LT and the guy with experience at RT at RT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 04-07-2021
EVERY LT has issues this year. There is no can’t miss prospect that the Chiefs have a shot at. Like O.City said. Take one and let him learn next to Thuney with Bell helping out from time to time.
I would argue there's no "can't miss" prospect PERIOD.

People here forget that Sewell opted out, which many here believe to be anathema to the "love of the game".

This is a DEEP draft for tackles. It's not top-heavy at all. There's no real blue chip guys, so they need to find the guy they like and move on.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:25 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Brown had a subpar Senior Bowl week and game
Not from the comments I've read on him at practices. Most everyone noted substantial growth throughout the week on some core items, especially with hand placement and leverage.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 04-07-2021
That's true. But it's easier to hit on some of those other spots than a DE or a LT. Thats my main argument for doing it.

I can make up missing on a safety or a corner.

DE and LT are just a step below QB in that they could be fatal flaws.
And if you traded next year's first rounder, you have no way to draft a replacement. You're basically FORCED into free agency.

It's not a good idea at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:27 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not from the comments I've read on him at practices. Most everyone noted substantial growth throughout the week on some core items, especially with hand placement and leverage.
Since you’ve switched to Brown at 31....do you think he starts day one?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up