ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:34 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Brown at LT. The kid has amazing quickness. I know it's a dark horse, coming out of nowhere statement on Brown in the 1st but his footwork and aggressiveness stand out on tape and his measurables are A+.
I’m all in.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:02 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Brown at LT. The kid has amazing quickness. I know it's a dark horse, coming out of nowhere statement on Brown in the 1st but his footwork and aggressiveness stand out on tape and his measurables are A+.
Brown had a subpar Senior Bowl week and game
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
But has plus measurables.

As opposed to someone like Radunz, who had a great Senior Bowl week but underwhelmed with his size and build.

Veach has developed a taste for certain types of athletes. I don't think Brown's Senior Bowl performance means much in the end.
[Reply]
kcclone 08:19 AM 04-07-2021
I do like Brown's highlights, but like a lot of measurable guys who play at a small school, I would expect a learning curve. I would prefer we take a guy who can contribute from day one, and I'm not sure you can count on that with him.

Also, he played RT. It's very rare for RT's to switch to LT, so we would still need to address LT.

If Spencer Brown is who we are going to target, I would imagine you may be able to trade back a little way and still get him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:21 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But has plus measurables.

As opposed to someone like Radunz, who had a great Senior Bowl week but underwhelmed with his size and build.

Veach has developed a taste for certain types of athletes. I don't think Brown's Senior Bowl performance means much in the end.

When it comes to offensive player preference it's very arbitrary like the RB position, and outside of DeMarcus Robinson the 4.4 threshold is important at WR. TE position is an " game film" position for Andy because he was a TE coach in GB for a period.

The 33.5 and up inch arm length for OT variable is significant to Andy if you look at his draft history but game film is more heavily weighted in comparison field drill tests in Andy's eyes.

On defense is where the shift is evident because Veach said he wasn't a metric guy after he selected Speaks, but after said bust Brett's evaluation criteria changed with weighted opinion on measurables
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:24 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I do like Brown's highlights, but like a lot of measurable guys who play at a small school, I would expect a learning curve. I would prefer we take a guy who can contribute from day one, and I'm not sure you can count on that with him.

Also, he played RT. It's very rare for RT's to switch to LT, so we would still need to address LT.

If Spencer Brown is who we are going to target, I would imagine you may be able to trade back a little way and still get him.
Who are you going to get that can contribute day 1 at LT?

A lot of people think Jenkins and Eichenberg are RT's. Cosmi and Radunz are raw and will likely need to be developed.

There's a huge problem with this draft - there aren't any guys that have BOTH a high ceiling AND can start right away, at least not ones that will be available to the Chiefs.

So they're going to have to decide if 2021 is more important than 2022 and beyond.

I know which way I would go.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:26 AM 04-07-2021
When it comes to offensive player preference it's very arbitrary like the RB position, and outside of DeMarcus Robinson the 4.4 threshold is important at WR. TE position is an " game film" position for Andy because he was a TE coach in GB for a period.

The 33.5 and up inch arm length for OT variable is significant to Andy if you look at his draft history but game film is more heavily weighted in comparison field drill tests in Andy's eyes.

On defense is where the shift is evident because Veach said he wasn't a metric guy after he selected Speaks, but after said bust Brett's evaluation criteria changed with weighted opinion on measurables
So which LT would you target, bearing in mind they all have holes in their game?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:31 AM 04-07-2021
So which LT would you target, bearing in mind they all have holes in their game?

For 1st round pick LT's it's either Darrisaw or Walker Little . IMO Tevan Jenkins is being looked at as a RT/OG.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-07-2021
This isn’t true.

I watched all of the 1 on 1s and I wouldn’t call his week “subpar” at all.

Here’s some highlights as well:

https://youtu.be/Uyqd_7ZdTgs
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:19 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This isn’t true.

I watched the 1 on 1s and I wouldn’t call his week “subpar” at all.

He got PWNed at one on one drills, and whiffed on speed rushers during the game due to poor technique and balance.

Great measurables to develop but it'll take 3 years for him to be prepared and protecting the Mahomes investment if he is capable to start
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 04-07-2021
Who are you going to get that can contribute day 1 at LT?

A lot of people think Jenkins and Eichenberg are RT's. Cosmi and Radunz are raw and will likely need to be developed.

There's a huge problem with this draft - there aren't any guys that have BOTH a high ceiling AND can start right away, at least not ones that will be available to the Chiefs.

So they're going to have to decide if 2021 is more important than 2022 and beyond.

I know which way I would go.
With Thuney next to them and Reid over the offense, I'd take the upside guy and give him help to nurse him along early.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:24 AM 04-07-2021
They'll sign Villanueva for LT...draft an EDGE/WR in the 1st round & draft a OT in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 04-07-2021
The more I read, the more I think Leatherwood might be the pick if he's there at 31.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:33 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The more I read, the more I think Leatherwood might be the pick if he's there at 31.
Don’t you dare steal my dark horse prediction and pretend it’s yours!
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Don’t you dare steal my dark horse prediction and pretend it’s yours!
I dont' know that I really like the pick, but measurable wise he's pretty plug and play at LT.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up