ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jaguars sign LB Damien Wilson
Mama Hip Rockets 03:30 PM 04-02-2021

Damien Wilson had 154 tackles in two seasons with the Chiefs. Played over 1,200 snaps. The Chiefs have hoped to add a linebacker this offseason, knowing a departure with Wilson was likely. https://t.co/mZj9n5KOhm

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) April 2, 2021

[Reply]
JakeF 07:50 PM 04-02-2021
I would rather keep Wilson than Niemann.

Depends on how much Wilson got, Niemann was cheap.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:06 PM 04-02-2021
We had too many Damien Wilsons.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:13 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I would rather keep Wilson than Niemann.

Depends on how much Wilson got, Niemann was cheap.
This is pretty much the bottom line.

Considering how long Wilson was on the market he couldn’t have gotten much. It’s hard to question these decision makers after hosting 3 straight AFC Title games and playing in two Super Bowls in a row when most of us assumed we’d be lucky to see one of each in our lives.

But I will anyway! Damn you Burch and Reed for letting him go!

Seriously though, I liked him and will miss having him. Whatever, trust Burch and stuff.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:16 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
We had too many Damien Wilsons.
This is actually true. And the thing is Spags and this amazing staff can turn any special teams LB with a brain and some work ethic into a Damien Wilson.
[Reply]
Cosmos 08:25 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Uh no we are still in the hole.
Hmmm...

Not according to this...

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...y-pick-in-2022

Or this...

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021...k-projections/
[Reply]
JakeF 08:41 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This is pretty much the bottom line.

Considering how long Wilson was on the market he couldn’t have gotten much. It’s hard to question these decision makers after hosting 3 straight AFC Title games and playing in two Super Bowls in a row when most of us assumed we’d be lucky to see one of each in our lives.

But I will anyway! Damn you Burch and Reed for letting him go!

Seriously though, I liked him and will miss having him. Whatever, trust Burch and stuff.
We better not keep POS Dieter this year.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:37 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We better not keep POS Dieter this year.
Dude, he and Mahomes are BFFs. He’ll be the 53rd guy on this roster for the next 5 years, then he’ll be an offensive quality control coach.

That’s how this works when you have the best player on planet Earth and he likes some white WR for some reason. I’ll live with it. 😄
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:00 PM 04-02-2021
Part of the equation is amount of contract and playing time. That kills both Watkins, for health reasons, and Kpass as he will be depth mainly if not then that will be a shame for the Saints.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BossChief 10:17 PM 04-02-2021
We are currently scheduled to get 2 comp picks after this signing.

Hopefully, Reiter and Breeland get jobs and we can have 4 extra picks next year.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:38 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We are currently scheduled to get 2 comp picks after this signing.

Hopefully, Reiter and Breeland get jobs and we can have 4 extra picks next year.
No “we” are not.

Joe Thuney says hello
[Reply]
BossChief 10:51 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
No “we” are not.

Joe Thuney says hello
He’s the only qualifying free agent we’ve signed.

Watkins, Wilson and KPass signed elsewhere.

We currently are at -2 in the count.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:38 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s the only qualifying free agent we’ve signed.

Watkins, Wilson and KPass signed elsewhere.

We currently are at -2 in the count.
It’s not all about count. It is factored mainly on contract dollars.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-an...y-draft-picks/
[Reply]
BossChief 12:16 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
It’s not all about count. It is factored mainly on contract dollars.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-an...y-draft-picks/
Contract dollars, time played snd other facts dictate the round of the pick. The count dictates number of picks.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:39 AM 04-03-2021
I am not an NFL comp pick expert and I’ve never played one on TV, but I think this information is correct.

So far Chiefs related player activity for 2021 Free Agency -

Gained
OL Joe Thuney, Patriots $16,000,000 APY Signed by Kansas City.
DT Jarran Reed, Seahawks - Does not count because cut by Seattle.
TE Blake Bell, Cowboys – Does not count because cut by Dallas.
C Austin Blythe, Rams – Does not count because size of contract is under the minimum to qualify for comp.
OL Kyle Long – Does not count because he was retired
FB Michael Burton – Don’t know contract yet but probably below minimum to qualify.

Lost
RB Damien Williams, Chiefs - Does not count because cut by Kansas City. Signed by Bears for $1,500,000 so also probably would not be a comp pick because the low value of contract.
WR Sammy Watkins, Chiefs, Signed with Baltimore for 1 year, $5,000,000 APY
DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, Chiefs - $2,250,000 APY signed by the Saints.
LB – Damien Wilson, Chiefs – Signed by Jaguars but do not know contract yet.

Other Info
Right now even though the contracts are far less, I think the Sammy Watkins signing cancels out the Joe Thuney signing. Thuney would probably be a 3rd and Watkins might be a 5th or 6th.
This rule applies to this -
Originally Posted by :
If there is no available CFA lost in the same round as the CFA gained, the CFA gained will instead cancel out the highest-available CFA lost with a lower round value.

It is possible that the Tanoh Kpassagnon free agent signing by the Saints might net the Chiefs a very late round comp pick dependent on other signings and contract given in the NFL. Also if Damien Wilson’s contract is over a couple of million, he might qualify for a comp pick.

If signed elsewhere, Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz would not count for comp because they were cut by Chiefs.

KC signing their own players like Taco Charlton, Daniel Sorensen, Mike Remmers and others does not count in the comp formula.

Ideally for the Chiefs to get comp picks, Bashaud Breeland and Austin Reiter would sign elsewhere for at least over $3,000,000 APY, but that is still probably going to be low round comp pick.

All signings have to be before the 4:00 PM EDT, Monday following the NFL Draft to be counted in the Comp formula.

So the formula is a combination of good players lost, plus the money of the contract, plus how the player plays for that season.

Again a good place to read about comp pick formula is at - overthecap.com
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:57 AM 04-03-2021
If Breeland or Reiter signed for over $5M APY, they would instead cancel out the Thuney contract instead of Watkins for the comp formula.

I believe any comp picks the Chiefs might receive, would probably be low round picks for the 2022 NFL Draft.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up