ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 3903
« First < 10505657585960 61626364701101605601060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:04 PM 03-06-2020
I got a jury duty summons, is now the best time for that?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:06 PM 03-06-2020
All of this panic and overreaction for a virus that will have a minimal health impact on 80% of those infected (i.e. minimal symptoms or symptoms that are about the same as the common cold).
[Reply]
BWillie 07:23 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
All of this panic and overreaction for a virus that will have a minimal health impact on 80% of those infected (i.e. minimal symptoms or symptoms that are about the same as the common cold).
A 36 year old got it in Omaha. And is in serious condition with pneumonia.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:27 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
And your point is what?
[Reply]
loochy 07:47 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Yes
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:51 PM 03-06-2020
City of Austin just canceled their SXSW festival due to Coronavirus fears. It's at least a $300M impact to Austin.
Definitely the right call, but man.....

Sorry..didn't see the previous post about it being canceled. My bad
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:52 PM 03-06-2020
We all gonna die. This is it.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:04 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And your point is what?
It's close to Kansas City. I thought we were discussing the Coronavirus, no?
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:55 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
Indeed employees here in Austin have been doing the same, as well as Amazon employees in Seattle.
Meanwhile my stupid-ass boss' boss won't let anyone wfh unless they pretend to be sick or are sick. And we could all easily do the exact same job from home.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:11 PM 03-06-2020

Email I received today from Banner Health.

As we learn more about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), it is important to follow the guidelines laid out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). What we know now is that COVID-19 is transmitted through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Getting sick from these droplets requires a close proximity to an infected person, or touching a surface that might have a droplet, then touching your mouth, nose and possibly eyes.

Because of this, surfaces and objects are the major way that the virus is spread, and so the main means of prevention should be handwashing, avoiding touching your face and avoiding close contact with people who are sick. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces is also suggested. As of now, masks are not recommended for protection against COVID-19. Masks should only be worn by some health care professionals and patients being screened and receiving care for COVID-19, to protect other patients and health care workers.

Banner Health has developed a process to safely screen patients for COVID-19 in our primary care clinics. In order to be screened in one of these clinics, patients would need to meet CDC criteria for testing. This can be determined through a phone conversation with one of our team members. If you or a loved one has concerning symptoms, please call your primary care doctor’s office to discuss your symptoms and determine if in-person evaluation or testing is necessary.
If you do not have a primary care doctor and would like to establish care with Banner, visit our Find a Doctor tool on BannerHealth.com . Patients that meet criteria for further in-person evaluation or testing will be scheduled for an appointment to be seen at one of our clinics and provided with instructions for how to safely enter the building in cooperation with the on-site medical team.

Thank you for being the most important part of what we do.

Banner Health
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:12 PM 03-06-2020
Holy crap this is messed up. https://www.kuow.org/stories/the-day...er-in-kirkland

Originally Posted by :
It was odd, the firefighters thought, how many calls were coming from the Life Care nursing facility in Kirkland.

The day before, Thursday, had been especially bad. Five separate calls for respiratory distress or fever. After several calls, the firefighters masked up -- they believed something worrisome was spreading, maybe a bad flu.

But it wasn’t the flu. Through the chain of command, firefighters learned that management at Life Care said a resident and a health worker had been tested the week before for coronavirus, or COVID-19, a virus that had been especially cruel to the elderly and infirm.

Evan Hurley, a 9-year veteran with Kirkland Fire and a union trustee, said a firefighter relayed this story: On Friday, the firefighter arrived at Life Care, walked in, and saw a charge nurse in just her scrubs. No mask, no protective gown.

“Hey, you guys are supposed to be in self-quarantine,” the firefighter said.

“No, we’re not,” the nurse replied.

“Well, our chain of command talked to your management, and they say something different.”

The nurse insisted; she hadn’t heard anything, she said.

The firefighter looked down the hall and saw two caregivers in scrubs -- no mask or gown.

“What the hell?” the firefighter thought. “Who is not telling you that you have two suspected coronavirus cases?”
Originally Posted by :
Hearing this news, Kevin Connolly and his wife, Jody, were shocked, he wrote on Facebook. Jody’s father was there, but Life Care had not called about a possible outbreak, he wrote.

The Connollys called Life Care, where a receptionist “told us not to believe everything you hear on the news,” Connolly said on Facebook.

Residents did not know they were living amid an outbreak, he said. Staff were given masks, but residents were not. For dinner that Saturday night, his father-in-law was given half a sweet potato.
Originally Posted by :
Officials had said 10 workers from the Centers for Disease Control were supposed to fly into Seattle, and beeline for Kirkland, but the journalist hadn’t seen them. Families said they hadn't seen them either. Calls to the governor's office, public health and the CDC, have not clarified whether anyone from the CDC has come to Seattle.
Originally Posted by :
Evan Hurley says many members have looked back at the logs, curious to see if there were more calls than usual from Life Care in recent weeks.

In January, firefighters responded seven times to the Life Care facility. In February, and the first five days of March, they responded 33 times.

Firefighters are now grappling with the idea that coronavirus may have already been circulating at Life Care for weeks and that they, and Life Care workers, residents and visitors, had not been warned to take precautions, And that they may have inadvertently helped spread the virus farther.

In the days leading up to last Friday, Life Care staff and first responders were using nebulizers and CPAP machines to treat patients. “We essentially aerosolized it,” one first responder said, because before last Friday, that was standard protocol to treat patients.

“We made it worse,” he said.

[Reply]
cdcox 09:20 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Just be yourself. You'll be out the door in 20.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:33 PM 03-06-2020
Well shit, I live in Omaha, so I must have it now. And I'm heading to Topeka tomorrow so put them on the list as well.
[Reply]
TLO 09:34 PM 03-06-2020
Any further details on that?
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:42 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Any further details on that?
She was visiting the UK, got sick and came back.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 3903
« First < 10505657585960 61626364701101605601060 > Last »
Up