ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3484 of 3903
« First < 2484298433843434347434803481348234833484 3485348634873488349435343584 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Coach 09:08 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I only had a ~10 minute commute when I wasn't working from home full time, but didn't realize how much time I spent getting lunch ready, sitting down with some coffee, putting something on besides pajama pants, etc. I'm not a morning person, so the time saved is great.

I miss some of the socializing in an office setting, but I'm in so many meetings that I don't really notice it. The best thing I did for working from home full time was setting up an office space... I think that separation helps.
It takes me about 40 minute commute to work, and 40 minute commute back home from work, so that's one reason why I like working from home. It's an hour and 20 of free time that I can fit into my schedule, instead of fighting traffic, cussing out at shitty drivers, saying "Shit, is that a cop... no.", and "Oh shit, that is a cop."

It also saves gas mileage on my car and some money on not having to buy gas as well. And also agreed on your comments about getting ready, getting coffee, getting clothes on, etc.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:11 PM 04-15-2021
I don’t have social interaction with non clients for work at all so that doesn’t change for me. The only thing that changed was meeting clients in person vs online meetings. Since I get paid per session and only get reimbursed on miles at tax time, I save a lot of wear and tear on my car as well as time traveling and money on gas. I will keep seeing clients via video from home as long as I’m allowed by insurance companies as it is great for me.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:14 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I disagree. It's more than just being productive.
For example? I know for creative people like yourself you need that personal interaction/give and take but not sure most corporate people do 5 days a week in the office.

I know for me one day a week is plenty
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:34 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I don’t have social interaction with non clients for work at all so that doesn’t change for me. The only thing that changed was meeting clients in person vs online meetings. Since I get paid per session and only get reimbursed on miles at tax time, I save a lot of wear and tear on my car as well as time traveling and money on gas. I will keep seeing clients via video from home as long as I’m allowed by insurance companies as it is great for me.
Telemedicine via video is here to stay so you should be good.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:36 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
For example?
Structure, Discipline, Interaction. etc.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:45 AM 04-16-2021
Sounds like some of the Vancouver Canucks who have been dealing with the One of the variants 21+ infections tried to get back on the ice and some of ere still struggling after being cleared , some felt like they were getting lost concussion type symptoms and are worried they might be done for the year .
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:19 AM 04-16-2021

Pfizer CEO said boosters may be needed. Unlikely
1) T cell immunity from vax (and Abs) work against variants; 2) T cells last long time- 34 y & counting after measles vax; 3) 1st SARS recovered have T cells 17 yr later; 4) Covid Vax generate memory B cells (lymph node biopsy)

— Monica Gandhi MD, MPH (@MonicaGandhi9) April 16, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 07:54 AM 04-16-2021
Monica Gandhi knows her stuff. She's been on with Dr. Z a few times and is incredibly intelligent.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:05 AM 04-16-2021
Officials' mixed messaging more than blood clot risks are undermining COVID vaccine rollout

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...ehp&li=AAggNb9

The Oxford researchers estimate the COVID risk for CVT, cerebral venous thrombosis, a clot in the cerebral vein responsible for draining blood from the brain, is about eight times greater than with the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, even for those under 30, Paul Harrison, professor of psychiatry at the University of Oxford, said in a statement.

Harrison and his co-authors, who are not part of the Oxford group that developed the AstraZeneca vaccine, said the comparisons need to be interpreted cautiously “since data are still accruing.” The study was based on an electronic health record network totalling 81 million people in the United States. Researchers counted the number of CVT cases diagnosed in the two weeks following a diagnosis of COVID-19, or after the first dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna).

Of the more than 500,000 people diagnosed with COVID, 20 were diagnosed with a CVT. The risk was higher among people with a history of cardiovascular disease. Two cases of CVT were found in the more than 480,000 people vaccinated.

According to their estimates, CVT occurred in 39 of one million people who got COVID, compared to a 4.1 per million risk of CVT after vaccination with Pfizer or Moderna. CVT has been reported to occur in five per million after a first dose of the AZ-Oxford vaccine.The mortality rate of people with CVST was 20 per cent.

The researchers said they can’t conclude from the study that Pfizer of Moderna are associated with an increased risk of CVT and that “far larger samples are needed to address this question.”

In a statement, Pfizer said that, with more than 200 million doses of its vaccine having been administered globally, a comprehensive assessment of ongoing safety data has provided “no evidence to conclude that arterial or venous thromboembolic events” are a risk associated with the vaccine.

The McMaster Platelet Immunology Laboratory is part of a national surveillance system for vaccine-induced blood clots. The lab tests blood samples sent in from doctors for antibodies that can activate platelets that lead to clotting.

It’s still not clear why females appear at particular risk — Canada’s only confirmed case involves a Quebec woman, who is recovering at home — or what triggers the production of those clotting antibodies. “The work now being done is, how is it that this vaccine can induce these antibodies, and what is it about those few individuals who had this happen?” Nazy said.

Transparency is important, he said. People need to know a risk exists. “But they have to be reassured, and that’s our job, to say, yes, it happens, it is no different than any other drug, there are other drugs out there that have many side effects, we still take them because we need them.”
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:04 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
It takes me about 40 minute commute to work, and 40 minute commute back home from work, so that's one reason why I like working from home. It's an hour and 20 of free time that I can fit into my schedule, instead of fighting traffic, cussing out at shitty drivers, saying "Shit, is that a cop... no.", and "Oh shit, that is a cop."

It also saves gas mileage on my car and some money on not having to buy gas as well. And also agreed on your comments about getting ready, getting coffee, getting clothes on, etc.
This is my situation too. I already was working home twice a week anyway. But everyday I like it alot. I do miss the office and some in person stuff esp on more rough days cause you feel isolated more. I'll probably do hybrid when they go back whenever that is like a few times a month for meetings etc. Don't miss the long drives home...miss having lunch at my favorite spots.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:10 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, the COVID theater stuff is really wearing thin.

This from someone who gets shot 2 of Pfizer next week.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This is my situation too. I already was working home twice a week anyway. But everyday I like it alot. I do miss the office and some in person stuff esp on more rough days cause you feel isolated more. I'll probably do hybrid when they go back whenever that is like a few times a month for meetings etc. Don't miss the long drives home...miss having lunch at my favorite spots.
I've been working from home since 2009. I don't think I could ever work in an office again.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:22 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
When I worked in KC, I got in the habit of going out to lunch ~3-4 times/week with a few people who never brought their lunch and went somewhere everyday. It's basically why I first started keto, realizing I had been to Chipotle so often in a month that I qualified for free Chipotle. :-)

It was a love/hate relationship... really enjoyed the break from work and getting away from the monitors for a bit, enjoyed the socializing, enjoyed the food. The $$ spent piles up though and the jeans get a bit tighter.

I've formed better habits working from home.... I had always liked the thought of working out in the middle of the day, in theory, but never did (the time to change out/into clothes, shower, travel to and from a gym, get back to work and probably still feel overheated and needing a break from your break, etc.). Working from home though, it's much easier to go for a walk/jog around the neighborhood or do a quick workout, as typically I'm much more energized to do so mid-day than first thing in the morning or right after work.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:00 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
This is an Agenda post
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:23 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've been working from home since 2009. I don't think I could ever work in an office again.
Lol yeah I may regret the hybrid decision we will see. They told us we can change that decision any time. I definitely thought I wouldn't stay focused or have the tools but it's worked out just fine.
[Reply]
Page 3484 of 3903
« First < 2484298433843434347434803481348234833484 3485348634873488349435343584 > Last »
Up