ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3374 of 3903
« First < 2374287432743324336433703371337233733374 33753376337733783384342434743874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:09 PM 12-31-2020
CDC has updated their vaccination page to show lots of good data, including individual state progress:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Total Doses Distributed

Total Number of People Initiating Vaccination (1st Dose Received)

CDC | Updated: Dec 30 2020 As of 9:00am ET
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:39 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
CDC has updated their vaccination page to show lots of good data, including individual state progress:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Total Doses Distributed

Total Number of People Initiating Vaccination (1st Dose Received)

CDC | Updated: Dec 30 2020 As of 9:00am ET

This may be the only map ever created that shows West Virginia and South Dakota as the top two states in the union. But it shows Mississippi at or near the bottom, so it must be accurate.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:03 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This may be the only map ever created that shows West Virginia and South Dakota as the top two states in the union. But it shows Mississippi at or near the bottom, so it must be accurate.
West Virginia maybe cheating a bit. :-)

Originally Posted by :
Dozens of people in West Virginia were mistakenly given Regeneron’s Covid-19 antibody treatment instead of the Moderna vaccine, the West Virginia National Guard announced Thursday.

[Reply]
RunKC 01:09 PM 12-31-2020
So Novavax is looking for volunteers for the beginning final stage of their vaccine. AstraZeneca is approved in UK.

We’re getting great progress here and should have a ton of doses coming. I think can get 258 milllion people vaccinated sometime this summer.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:12 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
West Virginia maybe cheating a bit. :-)
Okay, that makes a lot more sense.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:10 PM 12-31-2020
I hope people realize that herd immunity and 80-90% of the population vaccinated should not be the goal for return to normal. This things isn’t going away any time soon. Millions of people under 18 and many more adults will still be getting this thing regardless of how many adults are vaccinated. Sure it will be less numbers and less prevalent but it’s clear to me that many people are mistakenly expecting it to just sort of end. So any time I see something like we need to be doing x amount of vaccinations to have administered x amount by a certain date it’s just sort of noise and settling an unachievable goal. Once vaccine availability is there for the whole population, that’s really all that matters.

Regarding vaccines administered based on what’s been sent, it seems we are being a bit impatient. Reality is that people in the front of the line have to be given time to get it which takes time. My wife’s hospital still has numerous employees in the first group that haven’t gotten it due to combinations of thing like being on vacation, deciding to get it or not, or simply fitting it into schedules. Then there also has to be some sort of grace period for when a bunch of denied vaccine candidates have theirs given to someone in the next group. How long does the first group get access before they are passed over? That question probably doesn’t have an answer. You can’t just say everyone in the first group has two weeks and then that’s it we give theirs to the next group. That can’t occur until there is a surplus of vaccines.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:44 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
My wife’s hospital still has numerous employees in the first group that haven’t gotten it due to combinations of thing like being on vacation, deciding to get it or not, or simply fitting it into schedules. Then there also has to be some sort of grace period for when a bunch of denied vaccine candidates have theirs given to someone in the next group. How long does the first group get access before they are passed over? That question probably doesn’t have an answer. You can’t just say everyone in the first group has two weeks and then that’s it we give theirs to the next group. That can’t occur until there is a surplus of vaccines.
seems like we have a surplus of vaccines right now. 11 million of them sitting somewhere gathering dust.

I read a NY Times piece in 1947 when the small pox vaccine came out. They had volunteers giving out the shot. They showed regular citizens with no training how to give the vaccine shot. They got 6 million people vaccinated in one month in NY city alone. In 1947. We can do better.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:07 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
seems like we have a surplus of vaccines right now. 11 million of them sitting somewhere gathering dust.

I read a NY Times piece in 1947 when the small pox vaccine came out. They had volunteers giving out the shot. They showed regular citizens with no training how to give the vaccine shot. They got 6 million people vaccinated in one month in NY city alone. In 1947. We can do better.

Just gathering dust not being offered to anyone or just sitting there with people trained to give them not doing so just isn’t going to be the case on any large scale.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:45 PM 12-31-2020
Pneumonia shot two weeks ago, Flu shot today. On the list for the Covid shot.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:46 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Pneumonia shot two weeks ago.
Prevnar or Pneumovax?
[Reply]
SupDock 04:53 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Prevnar or Pneumovax?
Prevnar is so 2019.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:55 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Prevnar or Pneumovax?
Pneumovax
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:56 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Prevnar is so 2019.
It really is :-). I guess reps are still pushing it pretty hard at retail pharmacies despite its apparent ineffectiveness for most populations.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:04 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I hope people realize that herd immunity and 80-90% of the population vaccinated should not be the goal for return to normal. This things isn’t going away any time soon. Millions of people under 18 and many more adults will still be getting this thing regardless of how many adults are vaccinated. Sure it will be less numbers and less prevalent but it’s clear to me that many people are mistakenly expecting it to just sort of end. So any time I see something like we need to be doing x amount of vaccinations to have administered x amount by a certain date it’s just sort of noise and settling an unachievable goal. Once vaccine availability is there for the whole population, that’s really all that matters.

Regarding vaccines administered based on what’s been sent, it seems we are being a bit impatient. Reality is that people in the front of the line have to be given time to get it which takes time. My wife’s hospital still has numerous employees in the first group that haven’t gotten it due to combinations of thing like being on vacation, deciding to get it or not, or simply fitting it into schedules. Then there also has to be some sort of grace period for when a bunch of denied vaccine candidates have theirs given to someone in the next group. How long does the first group get access before they are passed over? That question probably doesn’t have an answer. You can’t just say everyone in the first group has two weeks and then that’s it we give theirs to the next group. That can’t occur until there is a surplus of vaccines.
Not to sound like an asshole but that is some weak ass excuses
[Reply]
petegz28 08:22 PM 01-01-2021
Over Half Of Health Care Workers At California Hospitals Refuse Vaccinations
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/i...spitals-refuse
[Reply]
Page 3374 of 3903
« First < 2374287432743324336433703371337233733374 33753376337733783384342434743874 > Last »
Up