ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2474 of 3903
« First < 1474197423742424246424702471247224732474 247524762477247824842524257429743474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:07 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Many Parents will be like "the **** they aren't!"
Exactly. Keeping the kids at home is either going to wreck their ability to work, or there are going to be a lot of umsafe kids at home who won't be able to stay on task with schoolwork.
[Reply]
Donger 09:08 AM 06-30-2020
Fauci talking about the swine virus (G4) which has been identified in, you guessed it...

China
[Reply]
petegz28 09:09 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Exactly. Keeping the kids at home is either going to wreck their ability to work, or there are going to be a lot of umsafe kids at home who won't be able to stay on task with schoolwork.
She cancels school again and I think you are going to see a huge backlash. Considering there have been tons of studies showing that closing schools did very little to help anything and we are nothing like NY or AZ.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:13 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I think Gov. Kelly issued this mask requirement as a hail Mary so we can get the kids back to school. If kids can't go to school, many parents are absolutely SOL.
That is what I am hearing as well. At this point I think it is a lost cause but everyone I talked to thinks it is a hail mary as well.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:15 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
We start in school summer school Monday. Now go kick your poodles and scream at the sky.
Good for you.

As stated one million times in this thread, some places are doing fine with this and others are doing poorly. Learn from the places this is spiking and don’t be afraid to change course before it happens in your area. I hope many parts of this country, those that correctly opened in phases, continue having success while their economy stays open. Dipshit States like AZ showed you what not to do.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:16 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
That is what I am hearing as well. At this point I think it is a lost cause but everyone I talked to thinks it is a hail mary as well.
I have not heard that at all and I don't see any numbers justifying shutting down school. Let's put it this way...if you're going to allow mobs of people to run the streets you are going to have a hell of a time canceling school. I don't think people quite understand the domino effect of that scenario.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 AM 06-30-2020
AZ hospitals coming up with guidelines for who gets care if it comes to that. Life expectancy post treatment, current age and other medical conditions present will be used by doctors to decide who gets critical care and who doesn’t.
[Reply]
loochy 09:18 AM 06-30-2020
I love Rand Paul...just an FYI

Data backed questions. He came prepared.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:18 AM 06-30-2020
I have not heard that at all and I don't see any numbers justifying shutting down school. Let's put it this way...if you're going to allow mobs of people to run the streets you are going to have a hell of a time canceling school. I don't think people quite understand the domino effect of that scenario.
It's pretty easy to cancel school. Tweet out Schools cancelled corona virus. Done.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:19 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
It's pretty easy to cancel school. Tweet out Schools cancelled corona virus. Done.
Your Wife hits you a lot, doesn't she?
[Reply]
digger 09:19 AM 06-30-2020
Cushing Memorial Hospital to close...

https://www.leavenworthtimes.com/new...-close-in-fall

Saint Luke’s Cushing Hospital in Leavenworth will close Oct. 1, according to a news release from Saint Luke’s Health System.
Hospital officials are citing the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as the reason for the closure.
Approximately 70 employees may be impacted by this decision, but all are eligible to apply for other opportunities within Saint Luke’s Health System.
Although the hospital will close, Saint Luke’s Primary Care–Cushing will remain open and accessible to patients.
[Reply]
Donger 09:19 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I love Rand Paul...just an FYI

Data backed questions. He came prepared.
I'm listening. I take it that his data didn't include that the countries he's talking about opened up after seeing sustained decline in cases.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:20 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
AZ hospitals coming up with guidelines for who gets care if it comes to that. Life expectancy post treatment, current age and other medical conditions present will be used by doctors to decide who gets critical care and who doesn’t.
Arizona has a fairly old average population doesn't it?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:22 AM 06-30-2020
Your Wife hits you a lot, doesn't she?
God I wish I had a wife that hit me. I guess it is the st joe in me that loves waking up in a trailer park with some girl holding a broken bottle of natty ice to my juggular saying that if I won't marry her no one will.
[Reply]
loochy 09:23 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by digger:
Cushing Memorial Hospital to close...

https://www.leavenworthtimes.com/new...-close-in-fall

Saint Luke’s Cushing Hospital in Leavenworth will close Oct. 1, according to a news release from Saint Luke’s Health System.
Hospital officials are citing the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as the reason for the closure.
Approximately 70 employees may be impacted by this decision, but all are eligible to apply for other opportunities within Saint Luke’s Health System.
Although the hospital will close, Saint Luke’s Primary Care–Cushing will remain open and accessible to patients.
Oh. They're not overrun, exceeding capacity, with dead people lining the halls?
[Reply]
Page 2474 of 3903
« First < 1474197423742424246424702471247224732474 247524762477247824842524257429743474 > Last »
Up