ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1001 of 3903
« First < 50190195199199799899910001001 100210031004100510111051110115012001 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:26 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yes, we do know. It’s already there.
he said it at his daily press conference today.
And who else is claiming this? I haven't heard anyone at all anywhere else make that claim.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 06:26 PM 04-01-2020
yes, we do know. It’s already there.
he said it at his daily press conference today.
The coronavirus is actually saving lives, who knew?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeetend.../#1ae4da2858e6
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:27 PM 04-01-2020
Dr. Fauci said on Sanjays podcast today that there is something going on with this virus strain that we don’t have an explanation for yet. Why does someone go from flu symptoms in 24 hours on a ventvand 48 hours they are dead. But, someone with the same medical risks and age just gets flu like symptoms and doesn’t even see a doctor or even get tested till later.

Why are so many patients going into ARDS? Prior coronavirus strains didn’t cause this in the %’s they are seeing in the patients right now. B

The govenor said today that in NY only 20% of people that go on a vent, ever come off so far. 80% of citizens put on a ventilator either die or stay on a ventilator for the rest of their lives. Let’s hope that’s not the standard for the rest of the nation.
Spoke with my doc an hour ago. He mentioned similar concerns.

Also told me he currently has a handful of patients with the exact same story as me - up to and including the wild fluctuations in body temp, similar timelines, etc. All have tested negative for Flu-A, Flu-B and CV. One patient is on Day 16 of unrelenting symptoms, but breathing isn't impaired to the point of going to the hospital.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:29 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Interesting the governor knows that people either dir or stay on vent "for the rest of their lives" considering what, we are like into this 6 weeks or so?

Critical listening skills would say said governor is "projecting things he should not"
maybe he’s trying to fear people into following the guidelines. That’s a good possibility for sure. Happens a lot in emergency situations to get the public to corporate.

But, based on my personal experience, I could tell within a week if 99% of my patients were ever coming off the ventilator. It was obvious to us all.
[Reply]
Monty 06:30 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Our bars, restaurants etc are closed to public seating (some restaurants are doing takeout/curbside delivery etc). The parks/playgrounds are closed and they're recommending no gatherings above 10 and those should be people that you live with. All concerts/events have been cancelled through April.

SD: 129 cases
Recovered: 51
Hospitalized: 12
Deaths: 2

My county (Pennington) has had 2 of those cases so far (1 recovered).

The other day I got yelled at by some old bat because we didn't have the big biscuit Shredded Wheat in stock.

FFS... First toilet paper and now Shredded Wheat?!?!?!
I'm literally from that county and can relate. People are very set in their ways and are resistant to any small change in their lives.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:33 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Spoke with my doc an hour ago. He mentioned similar concerns.

Also told me he currently has a handful of patients with the exact same story as me - up to and including the wild fluctuations in body temp, similar timelines, etc. All have tested negative for Flu-A, Flu-B and CV. One patient is on Day 16 of unrelenting symptoms, but breathing isn't impaired to the point of going to the hospital.
but, for you at least, the good news is your on the other side of the dividing line. Your on that long road back to normal now.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:34 PM 04-01-2020
maybe he’s trying to fear people into following the guidelines. That’s a good possibility for sure. Happens a lot in emergency situations to get the public to corporate.

But, based on my personal experience, I could tell within a week if 99% of my patients were ever coming off the ventilator. It was obvious to us all.
I can appreciate him wanting to scare people into following the rules but that's not the way.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:36 PM 04-01-2020
I hope this flattens out — but my fear is we won’t get over the hump until we really lock everything down and restrict movement to a much greater extent than we are now. Hope we don’t get into a slow slide to the same “we have to shut it all down” place and all we do is watch a lot more people die and have the whole thing takes months longer than it should.

I don’t understand how you lift the sheltering orders if the infection can spread two months from now in the same way it spreads now? That one site says California will be on the backside of this in a couple months. What happens when a bunch of asymptomatic flies into LA from Florida where there is still an ongoing hot spot?

Like I said, hope this feeling is wrong.

Sucks to see us clear 1,000 deaths today. Hopefully this all ends soon.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:36 PM 04-01-2020
but, for you at least, the good news is your on the other side of the dividing line. Your on that long road back to normal now.
I sure as shit hope so.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 06:37 PM 04-01-2020
Scary.

Meanwhile in Stockton...Did we mention San Joaquin County has more cases of COVID-19 than the entire Central Valley and Foothills COMBINED? 👀 pic.twitter.com/S9zvzdYK0Z

— 209 Times (@209TimesCA) March 30, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 06:38 PM 04-01-2020
Dr. Fauci said on Sanjays podcast today that there is something going on with this virus strain that we don’t have an explanation for yet. Why does someone go from flu symptoms in 24 hours on a ventvand 48 hours they are dead. But, someone with the same medical risks and age just gets flu like symptoms and doesn’t even see a doctor or even get tested till later.
What's the theory on this?
[Reply]
petegz28 06:39 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I hope this flattens out — but my fear is we won’t get over the hump until we really lock everything down and restrict movement to a much greater extent than we are now. Hope we don’t get into a slow slide to the same “we have to shut it all down” place and all we do is watch a lot more people die and have the whole thing takes months longer than it should.

I don’t understand how you lift the sheltering orders if the infection can spread two months from now in the same way it spreads now? That one site says California will be on the backside of this in a couple months. What happens when a bunch of asymptomatic flies into LA from Florida where there is still an ongoing hot spot?

Like I said, hope this feeling is wrong.

Sucks to see us clear 1,000 deaths today. Hopefully this all ends soon.
Your view is a bit myopic. The hope is we find a treatment and eventually a vaccine. We cannot continue to hide from this as that won't work. This virus is with us now and will not ever truly go away.

And I agree, the 1000+ deaths is a real fucking bummer. But I would like to see the profiles. How many of these people were low risk vs. high risk? These are things we need to know for a lot of reasons.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:39 PM 04-01-2020
What concerns me with many of the COVID-19 tests are the extremely high false negative rates.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:40 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
What concerns me with many of the COVID-19 tests are the extremely high false negative rates.
You and my doctor both.
[Reply]
petegz28 04-01-2020, 06:41 PM
This message has been deleted by petegz28.
SAUTO 06:41 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Somehow this haughty ass-wipe has a white-knight brigade.

They just want a bottle of Pappy.

Spoiler!
:-) I’ve met him. He was nice to my kid. And I don’t drink whiskey
[Reply]
Page 1001 of 3903
« First < 50190195199199799899910001001 100210031004100510111051110115012001 > Last »
Up