ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Chernobyl
Frazod 09:08 PM 05-06-2019
Just finished the first episode; I guess I'll be keeping HBO a bit longer after Game of Thrones ends.

It is fascinating, horrifying and infuriating. And spellbinding.
[Reply]
Fish 10:24 PM 06-03-2019
JFC yeah... impressive drama..
[Reply]
Miles 10:36 PM 06-03-2019
Another great episode and conclusion to the show. One thing that really stood out throughout the series is how the haunting score went so well with the also excellent visuals to set the mood.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:30 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Damn that was a good series

Holy hell
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yes, it was. They should just go ahead and send the guys who made this their Emmys now.
Originally Posted by Fish:
JFC yeah... impressive drama..
Originally Posted by Miles:
Another great episode and conclusion to the show. One thing that really stood out throughout the series is how the haunting score went so well with the also excellent visuals to set the mood.
yep, excellent series. A true gem is a shit desert that is TV these days.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:05 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Hildur Guđnadóttir did the soundtrack...she recorded all the string work in an abandoned plant.

[Reply]
O.city 07:53 AM 06-04-2019
Dyatlov was really shown in a shit light. What an asshole.

And Jarrad Harris should win awards for this. He was unreal. I thought it was cool how they did Emily's character being all the other scientists etc.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:54 AM 06-04-2019
I think my big takeaway was we human beings are flawed. We make mistakes. All of our bad traits/faults can come up at any time. None of us are perfect.

I posted recently that we know how to secure our data. As long as we spend the money and follow the basic security principles, there will be no loss of data. We have progressed with our tech that human beings are the weakest link in the security chain.

In my field the worst case scenario is some money, credit card, DOD secrets or temporary outage of society's infrastructure. With nuclear power plants, one persons human's failings can be catastrophic and fatal to millions depending on the location.
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think my big takeaway was we human beings are flawed. We make mistakes. All of our bad traits/faults can come up at any time. None of us are perfect.

I posted recently that we know how to secure our data. As long as we spend the money and follow the basic security principles, there will be no loss of data. We have progressed with our tech that human beings are the weakest link in the security chain.

In my field the worst case scenario is some money, credit card, DOD secrets or temporary outage of society's infrastructure. With nuclear power plants, one persons human's failings can be catastrophic and fatal to millions depending on the location.
Nuclear power can be catastrophic, but not really to that extent in the US as (ideally) we've built ours with so many fail safes that it couldn't really happen.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:10 AM 06-04-2019
what a killer mini series! im sad its over.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:55 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you want a minute-by-minute accounting of what happened there is a series available on Amazon Prime called Zero Hour. They cover what happened in Chernobyl, including the design flaws of the RBMK, pretty thoroughly for an hour-long show. In short, Dyatlov ****ed up majorly, the engineers knew it wasn't safe, but no one challenged him because they didn't want exiled from a prestigious and well-paying job.
I'm gonna check out that episode. Actually, the whole series looks pretty interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 06-04-2019
Dyatolov thought he had the fail safe the entire time. He didn't know what he didn't know.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:20 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Youtube the helicopter trying to drop water on it and crashing because of radiation fun stiff
They crashed because the blades hit a cable.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:25 AM 06-04-2019
Damn good explanation by a damn good prof at UC Berkeley, and he explains some of the key differences between US reactors and Chernobyl.

[Reply]
Lzen 12:06 PM 06-04-2019

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:27 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yep, excellent series. A true gem is a shit desert that is TV these days.
What the **** have you been watching? We're smack dab in the middle of what may be the best period of television in history. It's literally impossible to not find something great to watch between all the programming coming out on all the different services. Hell, I only have Netflix and Prime and my backlog of shows is so long I'll never get it all in, and then there's the 50 hours of shit on my DVR from the last two years.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:45 PM 06-04-2019
Incredible series. Informative , entertaining , and I think they really tried to show respect and admiration for those who sacrificed.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up