ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:51 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Maybe he's right and maybe he's wrong. Fans never know what's going on in the locker room.

I'm sure everyone will jump on him for "trashing" the fans/franchise, but saying players become a target for fan hatred because they are put in position to fail isn't exactly wrong. Fans are dumb lunatic assholes. Go look at any player's twitter feed and imagine dealing with that much vitriol directed at you for trying to do your job.
It's scapegoating, dude. Yes, Sutton was something awful.

That doesn't excuse him for being one of the most penalized corners in the league or failing to get his head around, or dropping INT's.

He had an average/slightly above average '18. Great for him. We watched him for 3 prior years be below average to sometimes bad.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:00 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This.

Had a convo about Mayfield the other day and I think it fits here too. At what point does a “chip on your shoulder” just reek of insecurity?

You can tell this dude reads ALL the comments on his social media posts.
Don’t like Baker either but that’s what makes him so good. People have been assholes to him his whole life telling him he can’t do anything and now he’s got a big ego because he proved them wrong.

It’s like the average guy getting turned down by hot women all his life, then finally finds a way to date them. That changes shit psychologically. That dopamine rush makes you cocky.

Hate to say it but he’s gonna be good. He’s gonna be there with Pat at the top of the AFC for a long time. Can’t believe that guy broke the roookie TD record for Cleveland. Fucking Cleveland.
[Reply]
FAX 10:04 AM 04-17-2019
This love/hate relationship between players and fans is fascinating. Players seem to relish the adoration they receive from fans but are often simultaneously sensitive to criticism.

It doesn't bother me that a guy like Nelson would "feel" as though he was underappreciated in KC. What bothers me is the fact that he was so overappreciated.

I call it the Ragland Effect.

FAX
[Reply]
staylor26 10:05 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Don’t like Baker either but that’s what makes him so good. People have been assholes to him his whole life telling him he can’t do anything and now he’s got a big ego because he proved them wrong.

It’s like the average guy getting turned down by hot women all his life, then finally finds a way to date them. That changes shit psychologically. That dopamine rush makes you cocky.

Hate to say it but he’s gonna be good. He’s gonna be there with Pat at the top of the AFC for a long time. Can’t believe that guy broke the roookie TD record for Cleveland. Fucking Cleveland.
The guy hasn’t faced any adversity yet and had no expectations last year. 90% of the media sucks his dick but he feels the need to speak out about the 10% that don’t. What’s he going to do when the rest of the media is being critical now that there are legitimately high expectations? He’s proven absolutely nothing to put him up there with Pat yet.

He was the Heisman trophy winner and the #1 overall pick. He’s no longer an underdog. He can stop acting like he is.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:08 AM 04-17-2019
He couldn’t cover my Grandpas dick without grabbing it.. Not going to miss that POS celebrating while a flag flys behind him for holding..
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:08 AM 04-17-2019
hes been bashing bob and kc on twitter for weeks. going rounds with fans and shit. hes a trash human being who may not have seen much time if wed signed breeland last season.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:09 AM 04-17-2019
wonder what he will say after getting torched on the steelers
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 04-17-2019
The guy hasn’t faced any adversity yet and had no expectations last year. 90% of the media sucks his dick but he feels the need to speak out about the 10% that don’t. What’s he going to do when the rest of the media is being critical now that there are legitimately high expectations? He’s proven absolutely nothing to put him up there with Pat yet.

He was the Heisman trophy winner and the #1 overall pick. He’s no longer an underdog. He can stop acting like he is.
Hasn't faced adversity? He's in Cleveland and started under Hue Jackson. I mean, I don't really know what else there is to call that.

He set the rookie QB record for throwing TD passes. I'm pretty sure he's proven to be a young up and coming QB that could contend to be right there with the best in the NFL if his developmental curve stays that way.

I get not liking him personally, but damn.

And Brady has won a million superbowls yet he's still salty. If it drives them, it drives them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:16 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
And Brady has won a million superbowls yet he's still salty. If it drives them, it drives them.
It drives some of them. Others, it's a distraction. Look at Nelson. It clearly weighed on him. That had to have an effect on his preparation and effort.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 04-17-2019
Hasn't faced adversity? He's in Cleveland and started under Hue Jackson. I mean, I don't really know what else there is to call that.

He set the rookie QB record for throwing TD passes. I'm pretty sure he's proven to be a young up and coming QB that could contend to be right there with the best in the NFL if his developmental curve stays that way.

I get not liking him personally, but damn.

Being in Cleveland doesn’t = adversity.

He played in an average division with a very weak schedule. They had 0 expectations last year and very few if any meaningful games. Now every game is going to be meaningful and they are expected to win the division. If he loses week 1, there’s immediately a level of adversity that he hasn’t yet experienced.

Baker is not Pat. He could easily be just like every other QB that has early success then proceeds to regress. Just like I wasn’t crowning Watson, I’m still not 100% sold on Baker though I do admit he was better than I expected. Pat is the exception to this rule, Baker is not that kind of guy.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:18 AM 04-17-2019
Apparently, I am in the minority here as I really didn’t think Nelson was as bad as you all do. Sure, he wasn’t the second coming of Deion Sanders, but in my view, he was a solid, tough football player. And yeah, if my boss put me in a position to fail, I’d be pissed too.

I think we can all agree that Sutton made it EASY for opponents to pretty much control our defense as they knew if they ran scheme A, our guys would react in a specified way. And if they ran scheme B, we’d react differently, but consistently. Simply put, our guys were playing at a distinct disadvantage. Clearly this left a bitter taste in Nelson’s mouth, so he voiced his disappointment.

Like I said, if my boss put me such a position where it affected my earning power, I be pissed as hell. Sutton deserves all that Nelson’s dishing out.
[Reply]
ping2000 10:19 AM 04-17-2019
Both he and Sutton sucked. Both gone. Win.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It drives some of them. Others, it's a distraction. Look at Nelson. It clearly weighed on him. That had to have an effect on his preparation and effort.
Well, I mean yeah, they aren't all talented enough for it to make that much difference.

Nelson used it to get a lucrative deal and is in the top 1% of all athletes in the world. Not everyone is a hall of famer.
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 04-17-2019
Being in Cleveland doesn’t = adversity.

He played in an average division with a very weak schedule. They had 0 expectations last year and very few if any meaningful games. Now every game is going to be meaningful and they are expected to win the division. If he loses week 1, there’s immediately a level of adversity that he hasn’t yet experienced.

Baker is not Pat. He could easily be just like every other QB that has early success then proceeds to regress. Just like I wasn’t crowning Watson, I’m still not 100% sold on Baker though I do admit he was better than I expected. Pat is the exception to this rule, Baker is not that kind of guy.
Being in the dysfunction that is the Cleveland Browns and having the season he did is surviving some adversity. If he were in some other shit bird franchise, sure it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But Cleveland? Yeah, that's not easy.

The expectations are much bigger now, but as you yourself noted it's not like this is the first time the guy has had to play with expectations. He was the Heisman winner at Oklahoma, went to the CFB playoffs and was the first overall pick. I'm pretty sure he's been expected to be good for a while.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 AM 04-17-2019
Being in the dysfunction that is the Cleveland Browns and having the season he did is surviving some adversity. If he were in some other shit bird franchise, sure it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But Cleveland? Yeah, that's not easy.

The expectations are much bigger now, but as you yourself noted it's not like this is the first time the guy has had to play with expectations. He was the Heisman winner at Oklahoma, went to the CFB playoffs and was the first overall pick. I'm pretty sure he's been expected to be good for a while.
You want to crown him, go ahead.

He didn’t throw for 5,000 yards, 50 TD’s, and make it to the AFCCG. He did most of his work against shit teams and shit defenses.

Forgive me for no being sold on a young QB that didn’t do anything to separate himself from the other young QB’s that people crowned way too early.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up