ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:01 AM 04-07-2021
:-) he was crying that they didn't even ask him to take a pay cut they just cut him

that's what happens when you fucking suck at your job steve
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:02 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Steelers chowed down on >$6M dead $$ to ditch him.

:-) :-)
No kidding. That's gotta sting a little.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:06 AM 04-07-2021
The Steelers abruptly released cornerback Steven Nelson last month, after giving him a chance to seek a trade. The team did not give Nelson a chance to take a pay cut before cutting him.

“I want to make it very clear,” Nelson said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via Mark Kaboly of TheAthletic.com, “there was never a discussion of me taking a pay cut. I was never even given that opportunity to take a pay cut.”

It’s unclear whether Nelson would have accepted less than the $8.25 million he was due to earn this season. He said that he wanted an extension, one that would have created cap space while acknowledged that he had outperformed his contract. Eventually, he simply wanted out, pleading with the team on social media to not hold him hostage.

Nelson’s line surely was influenced by the mantra from coach Mike Tomlin, “We can’t do this with hostages, man. We need volunteers.” Regardless, he didn’t get a chance to volunteer to remain on the team for less money.

Nelson added that 10 to 15 teams have serious interest in his services. Given that the draft is only 23 days away, it’s possible at this point that Nelson’s best opportunity for a new team will come after interested teams address their needs at the position, or not, via incoming rookies.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ake-a-pay-cut/

no way 10 - 15 teams want this scrub around

he spends the majority of the season in the burn ward

fucking scrub
[Reply]
New World Order 07:14 AM 04-07-2021
I remember that Colts-Steelers game. From the mid-third quarter on Rivers threw at Nelson 90% of the time.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:15 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
The Steelers abruptly released cornerback Steven Nelson last month, after giving him a chance to seek a trade. The team did not give Nelson a chance to take a pay cut before cutting him.

“I want to make it very clear,” Nelson said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via Mark Kaboly of TheAthletic.com, “there was never a discussion of me taking a pay cut. I was never even given that opportunity to take a pay cut.”

It’s unclear whether Nelson would have accepted less than the $8.25 million he was due to earn this season. He said that he wanted an extension, one that would have created cap space while acknowledged that he had outperformed his contract. Eventually, he simply wanted out, pleading with the team on social media to not hold him hostage.

Nelson’s line surely was influenced by the mantra from coach Mike Tomlin, “We can’t do this with hostages, man. We need volunteers.” Regardless, he didn’t get a chance to volunteer to remain on the team for less money.

Nelson added that 10 to 15 teams have serious interest in his services. Given that the draft is only 23 days away, it’s possible at this point that Nelson’s best opportunity for a new team will come after interested teams address their needs at the position, or not, via incoming rookies.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ake-a-pay-cut/

no way 10 - 15 teams want this scrub around

he spends the majority of the season in the burn ward

fucking scrub
That man has an overinflated sense of self. They gave him permission to seek a trade yet no team was willing to trade for him yet 10-15 teams are seriously interested in him? Plus he outplayed his contract? If so why would Pittsburgh eat a $6 million cap hit to be rid of the guy.

This guy plays like William Bartee while thinking he is Deion Sanders.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:20 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That man has an overinflated sense of self. They gave him permission to seek a trade yet no team was willing to trade for him yet 10-15 teams are seriously interested in him? Plus he outplayed his contract? If so why would Pittsburgh eat a $6 million cap hit to be rid of the guy.

This guy plays like William Bartee while thinking he is Deion Sanders.
Exactly.

Outperformed his contract? In what world is he worth more than $8.25M?
[Reply]
Redbled 08:05 AM 04-07-2021
He would likely be on the top 5 list of most despised Chiefs ever if we made one.
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:22 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
He would likely be on the top 5 list of most despised Chiefs ever if we made one.

That would be a good off-season thread.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:25 AM 04-07-2021
He was trash for KC, was called out by many for it.

Got cut.

Badmouthed KC, fans, staff and ran his mouth a little.

Went to PIT.

Sucked ass some more.

Got cut again.

Thinks he should be asked to cut his pay, rather than being released.

Thinks half the league is bidding for his services.

This guy is a ****in clown.
[Reply]
-King- 08:39 AM 04-07-2021
Can't believe he couldn't hold on to the Steelers job. He seems optimistic he'll get ahold of a new team soon though. He keeps letting bullshit interfere with his play. He must be holding on to a lot of baggage.
[Reply]
scho63 08:47 AM 04-07-2021
Remember Toast Brown one of our elite cover guys???? :-)
[Reply]
PHOG 09:20 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Outperformed his contract? In what world is he worth more than $8.25M?
Obviously, BIZARRO world. This guy has always been toast. I despised him when he was here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:42 AM 04-07-2021
Somebody earlier in this thread made the comparison to Orlando Scandrick.

That's exactly who Nelson is.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:59 AM 04-07-2021
When he inevitably has to settle on a 1 yr, $2M contract he'll probably blame the white man.

And i have no doubts that 15 teams expressed interest....in paying him the vet min on a 1 year deal.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:01 PM 04-07-2021
Hes showing signs of CTE
[Reply]
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up