ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:18 AM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Especially in Sutton's case. The fact that a complete moron like Romo could call it tells you all you need to know about Bob-o's "creativity".
uhh...I don't think Romo's a moron. And being only a year removed from playing, it was his job to read defenses as a pretty good (but not great) NFL QB. It's not like...you know...Joe Buck was diagnosing the defense.

That being said, all other points stand.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:49 AM 04-21-2019
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright! So let's quit lamenting our slow-assed, departed edge rushers; one with meat head, one with quit( cuz' his little buddy ).
Slow? Dee Ford? Slow?

You're showing how big of an idiot you are...again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:51 AM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Slow? Dee Ford? Slow?

well, mentally slow perhaps. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:52 AM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well, mentally slow perhaps. :-)
Oh he's an idiot also
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:19 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Slow? Dee Ford? Slow?

How about "non-exceptional" then? I swear you get hung up over the dumbest shit. Apparently, he was so fast, they felt the need to match his speed in terms of getting him the fuck out of the building.

But, please note that I'm not going to spend my Sunday arguing about players who no longer play for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:21 PM 04-21-2019
uhh...I don't think Romo's a moron. And being only a year removed from playing, it was his job to read defenses as a pretty good (but not great) NFL QB. It's not like...you know...Joe Buck was diagnosing the defense.

That being said, all other points stand.
What a curse it must be to have the brain of Albert Einstein when it comes to reading defenses, and yet be able to do absolutely nothing about it except end up on your ass or in the fetal position.

Or both!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 04-21-2019
What a curse it must be to have the brain of Albert Einstein when it comes to reading defenses, and yet be able to do absolutely nothing about it except end up on your ass or in the fetal position.

Or both!
That's more than a little extreme. Romo had some excellent seasons. He also had some shit ones. He was, by and large, a well above average QB overall.

At any point in time, there are like 5 guys on the planet who can play NFL QB at an elite level. Romo had some years in which he was close. Guys climb into and out of that conversation on a year to year basis although the truly exceptional tend to stay at the top of the heap for a long time. Sure feels good to have one of those guys.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:48 PM 04-21-2019
I was already excited for this season because of Mahomes (and will feel that way for the next 15-20+ seasons), but I think we have a real chance at a Super Bowl because of the defensive enema that took place.

I'm relieved I never have to watch the camera pan to Grandpa Sutton's blank "WTF is going on" stare from the sidelines as his shit gameplan is in the middle of getting shredded to ribbons by an AAF-quality offense.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:50 PM 04-21-2019
That's more than a little extreme. Romo had some excellent seasons. He also had some shit ones. He was, by and large, a well above average QB overall.

At any point in time, there are like 5 guys on the planet who can play NFL QB at an elite level. Romo had some years in which he was close. Guys climb into and out of that conversation on a year to year basis although the truly exceptional tend to stay at the top of the heap for a long time. Sure feels good to have one of those guys.
There was some poll put up in 2016/17 regarding Smith and Romo. The question was, would you rather have Romo than Smith?

My personal answer was to stare sadly at the screen and lament that we had even come to this point. It was literally the classic vote for a douche or a turd, and I wanted none of it.

And you KNOW how badly I wanted rid of Smith.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:51 PM 04-21-2019
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
I was already excited for this season because of Mahomes (and will feel that way for the next 15-20+ seasons), but I think we have a real chance at a Super Bowl because of the defensive enema that took place.

I'm relieved I never have to watch the camera pan to Grandpa Sutton's blank "WTF is going on" stare from the sidelines as his shit gameplan is in the middle of getting shredded to ribbons by an AAF-quality offense.
He and Herm should compete for champion of the WTF is going on-look.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:28 AM 05-24-2019
Welp

"You aren't trying to figure out if you are dropping or rushing."

There are a few subtle but telling quotes from Houston here. https://t.co/JcmLDKdViV

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) May 24, 2019

[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:48 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Welp

Obviously a formation shift easily confused Houston on whether he was the 4th rusher or not.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 09:05 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Obviously a formation shift easily confused Houston on whether he was the 4th rusher or not.
Well, it will be easier with our new scheme...

Who should be rushing the passer on obvious passing plays, Spags?

[Reply]
New World Order 09:10 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Welp

Fuck Bob and fuck Justin Houston
[Reply]
Iconic 09:22 AM 05-24-2019
He's just talking about the transition between OLB and DE. How it's obviously easier to play DE due to less responsibilities. It really has nothing to do with Bob as much as you all want it to lmao.

On a side note Houston is a great guy. The way he talks is always so clean. He could have easily taken shots but he didn't.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up