ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 50
« First < 384445464748 4950 >
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:27 PM 03-24-2021

When making Justice League, Zack Snyder says Warner Bros. pressured him to separate it from #BatmanVSuperman, a movie the studio had a "hatred" for. https://t.co/XG0XqJLI8R pic.twitter.com/aQFphnkbz6

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) March 24, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:47 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's the truth. The DC animated stuff in general is very good. Not sure why they struggle so much with the live action stuff...
I've just begun watching the DC Lego movies with my youngest and while they're a little silly at times, the stories are generally much more cohesive than the recent DC films.

I started watching the animated Green Lantern series from 2011 and it was surprisingly good and much better than the Ryan Reynolds led feature film. But of course, that certainly wasn't the fault of Reynolds. It was just a bad script and story, IMO.

DC has such a rich history that it's amazing to me how they almost always end up going down the wrong path. Aquaman is really the only exception for me. It's not amazing but it's entertaining and at least has a cohesive story.
[Reply]
Fish 08:27 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've just begun watching the DC Lego movies with my youngest and while they're a little silly at times, the stories are generally much more cohesive than the recent DC films.

I started watching the animated Green Lantern series from 2011 and it was surprisingly good and much better than the Ryan Reynolds led feature film. But of course, that certainly wasn't the fault of Reynolds. It was just a bad script and story, IMO.

DC has such a rich history that it's amazing to me how they almost always end up going down the wrong path. Aquaman is really the only exception for me. It's not amazing but it's entertaining and at least has a cohesive story.
You should check out their other animated movies. They have several dozen that are a little over an hour long. But really entertaining. Much more adult stuff. A bunch of Justice League titles, Batman titles, Superman titles...

Justice League - The New Frontier (2008)
Justice League - Crisis on Two Earths (2010)
Justice League - Doom (2012)
Justice League - The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
Justice League Adventures - Trapped in Time (2014)
Justice League - War (2014)
Justice League - Throne of Atlantis (2015)
Justice League - Gods and Monsters (2015)
Justice League vs Teen Titans (2016)

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)

Batman: Gotham Knight (2008)
Son of Batman (2014)
Batman: The Killing Joke (2016)
Batman: Under the Red Hood (2018)

Superman: Doomsday (2007)
Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam (2010)
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (2010)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:11 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
You should check out their other animated movies.
Dude!! That's freaking awesome! I just copied and pasted the list and emailed it to myself so I'll have it as a quick reference. That's amazing!

Should I watch them in the order listed?
[Reply]
Fish 09:21 PM 03-24-2021
Dude!! That's freaking awesome! I just copied and pasted the list and emailed it to myself so I'll have it as a quick reference. That's amazing!

Well, I didn't really watch them in order. So, I can't really say if there's much benefit. To be honest, I watched most of the more recent ones (2016+) before I realized the older ones even existed. Pretty sure there's several more I'm not including as well, but these are the ones I've watched and can vouch for. Quality stuff. You'll probably be surprised at some of the voice actors. Some of the more recent stuff (2016+) is really adult oriented. You'll notice a ton of the DCU movie plots taken directly from these too.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:37 PM 03-24-2021
I enjoyed the dark knight returns animated, Batman assault on arkham, Batman year one, as well.

Under the red hood is my favorite.

I highly recommend watching the Young Justice series that is currently active. 3 seasons so far.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:10 AM 03-25-2021

Most are on hbo max
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:56 PM 03-25-2021
The Snyder-verse is officially dead

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/z...ia-1234935580/

WarnerMedia’s Ann Sarnoff on ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ and DC’s Future

“I appreciate that they love Zack’s work and we are very thankful for his many contributions to DC. We’re just so happy that he could bring his cut of the ‘Justice League’ to life because that wasn’t in the plan until about a year ago. With that comes the completion of his trilogy. We’re very happy we’ve done this, but we’re very excited about the plans we have for all the multi-dimensional DC characters that are being developed right now.”
Fans aren’t letting go

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse crosses 1M tweets as fans campaign for Warner Bros to let Zack Snyder finish his DCEU plan pic.twitter.com/MQ5hPDUEM3

— Culture Crave 🍿 (@CultureCrave) March 26, 2021

[Reply]
notorious 07:51 PM 03-25-2021
Just as people want more of your product, you turn them away.

Smart business.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:42 PM 03-25-2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:01 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just as people want more of your product, you turn them away.

Smart business.
AT&T is running WarnerMedia like they ran Direct TV, which is to say, right into the toilet.

That said, it's difficult for any company to justify spending hundreds of millions of dollars on films that barely break even, especially when films featuring the likes of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman should be automatic winners.

Now, if #RestoreTheSnyderVerse garners 100 million tweets, then maybe there's a discussion to be had but 1 million isn't even a drop in the bucket, especially considering these films cost upwards of $400 million to create and market.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:48 PM 03-25-2021
Man. I thought Justice League was okay, but I am not at all into Snyder’s longterm plan for the universe.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:25 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man. I thought Justice League was okay, but I am not at all into Snyder’s longterm plan for the universe.
This.

Finished the Synder cut tonight.

Meh, I have no interest in his long term vision. I loved Man of Steel.

He went right off the rails after that. He’s a weird dude.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:44 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This.

Finished the Synder cut tonight.

Meh, I have no interest in his long term vision. I loved Man of Steel.

He went right off the rails after that. He’s a weird dude.
Yeah I'm not up for it that much. I think I wanted these actors and MOS is still my favorite. I'll continue to hope MOS2 comes out. Until then I'll watch Superman and Lois on CW. Which is actually pretty good.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:06 AM 03-26-2021
Last night I was tired enough and just looking to mellow out enough that I watched this entire thing. I liked it. I'm not a hard-core super hero guy like most of you here so I don't care about the finite details or how they all relate to the larger universe or whatever.

Batman was good.
The Flash kid was good and funny.
Wonder Woman is a problem for me because I can't stop being dazzled by her striking beauty long enough to notice what she's doing.
Aquaman was Aquaman, the guy is good at the role though I occasionally wonder what it's like to bang Lisa Bonnet when I see him.
Cyborg was cool enough
That's the first time I saw that guy play Superman, thought he was good
Lois Lane I could have done without but she was fine. Who was the dude that faked that he was Clark Kent's mom and came to visit Lois?
Jeremy Irons played a pretty damn good Alfred
The villains were cool

Question: is it a common thing for superheroes to have daddy issues of one type or another?

I've never watched a movie that long but I liked it long enough to watch. I laughed at the balls on them to even include an epilogue that, like the movie, kept going on right when you thought it would end. That Joker character was pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 50
« First < 384445464748 4950 >
Up