Page 47 of 50
« First < 374344454647 484950 >
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
listopencil 02:32 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
New to Zack Snyder films?

They didnt want to cut the film down an hour, hence the streaming option.

Lot of couch critics out there missing the point.
The movie would have been better if it had been cut down by about an hour. It seemed to me like he used Lois Lane as a place holder for Superman until he could get Superman's corpse and then Superman on screen. Her scenes were unnecessary and bogged down the story. Also, Cyborg's back story was crap. Overindulgent mother babies her son which stunts his emotional development enough to cause him to blame his father when she dies too soon. Bleh.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:28 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
It is broken down into 6 chapters for those that dont want to commit to a four hour time sink. Just take breaks at those stopping points.
Watched another hour of it last night, so I’m At 2 1/2 hour mark. It gets better. But that first 90 minutes really dragged for me.
[Reply]
notorious 07:12 AM 03-23-2021
I have 3 kids and way too much stuff to do.

I tried to get through this the last 3 days, just couldn’t do it.

At least I saw my favorite part. When flash is trying to flank Supe’s and Supe’s watches him while holding off the others. Flash knows he’s fucked when he realizes SM is just as fast. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:08 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
I have 3 kids and way too much stuff to do.

I tried to get through this the last 3 days, just couldn’t do it.

At least I saw my favorite part. When flash is trying to flank Supe’s and Supe’s watches him while holding off the others. Flash knows he’s ****ed when he realizes SM is just as fast. :-)
I've never been able to successfully watch a movie longer than 3 hrs. I was never able to do the Pacino & Deniro mob Netflix film, either.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've never been able to successfully watch a movie longer than 3 hrs. I was never able to do the Pacino & Deniro mob Netflix film, either.
I can, but it takes me 2-3 days typically.
But that’s the great thing about streaming is being able to pause, then come Back a day or two later.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:35 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Which brings me to this; how is that not a rip off of the MCU where they lost against the Big Bad and then just used time travel to fix it with Batman Dying instead of Iron Man? I don't know which story was created first though. I'm assuming it was Marvel's.
Darkseid first appeared in DC comics in 1970, while Thanos initially appeared in Marvel comics in 1973. The creator of Thanos was "inspired" by Darkseid because he was the biggest baddie in the comic universe at the time, which explains the similarities in their appearance.

As for which story came first, I guess that's up to interpretation. Kevin Fiege had the Infinity Saga planned out nearly a decade in advance, so time travel was always going to be part of their story. Zach Snyder had his movies planned out well in advance, too, so it's more of a "simultaneous" thing than one copying the other in those terms.

Had this version of Justice League been released in 2017, we would have seen hints of Flash's Time Travel two years before Endgame was released, so I don't think there will ever be a definitive answer to that question.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:37 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I can, but it takes me 2-3 days typically.
But that’s the great thing about streaming is being able to pause, then come Back a day or two later.
I don't disagree and often times, it takes me a few days to get through movies that are close to 3 hours or longer as well, but in retrospect, it kind of ruins the cinematic experience.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:54 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't give a flying **** about you or your pathetic life. You've nearly ruined this thread with your constant whining and bitching about something you could have easily ignored.

So, welcome to my Ignore.
If you dont want a response from me, don't quote my posts and menstruate about them.

Now, someone just needs quote this, so genius here understands how easily ignore is thwarted, and why I don't use it.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:27 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
HBO Max "claims" to have 40 million subscribers, up from 14 million in December, which I find highly unlikely, especially considering that they do not share their metrics. Regardless, it would be an absolutely astounding number if even 10 million subs watched the film in its initial 24 hour period and would have likely crashed their servers, which are bunk at this point, anyway.
I know I just signed up for ATT Elite plan on my cell which gives us HBO Max for free. I don't know if there might be other companies besides ATT who are doing this but could it be that this kind of promotion is adding a lot to those numbers?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:33 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I know I just signed up for ATT Elite plan on my cell which gives us HBO Max for free. I don't know if there might be other companies besides ATT who are doing this but could it be that this kind of promotion is adding a lot to those numbers?
Yeah, for sure, especially since WarnerMedia is attempting to increase their number of HBO Max subscribers. More subscribers make their service appear more appealing.

Disney+ has more than 140 million subscribers but only 100 million paying subscribers, which is the number they use in their financial reporting.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:49 PM 03-23-2021
I was going to watch this when it came out last Thursday but then saw that it was 4 hours. It was around 8pm at that point so that was a no go. I do always prefer to watch a movie in one sitting but I may have to take others' advice in this thread and make it a multi-part deal.
[Reply]
007 07:58 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I was going to watch this when it came out last Thursday but then saw that it was 4 hours. It was around 8pm at that point so that was a no go. I do always prefer to watch a movie in one sitting but I may have to take others' advice in this thread and make it a multi-part deal.

I managed to watch it all in one sitting. I don't think I would have liked it as much breaking it into parts.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:03 PM 03-23-2021
I have tried watching this every night since it came out and the furthest I have made it before passing out is 15 min.
DC needs to give up on live action movies.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:09 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I have tried watching this every night since it came out and the furthest I have made it before passing out is 15 min.
DC needs to give up on live action movies.
I started watching the Justice League animated series instead. It's 1000% better.
[Reply]
Fish 11:04 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I started watching the Justice League animated series instead. It's 1000% better.
That's the truth. The DC animated stuff in general is very good. Not sure why they struggle so much with the live action stuff...
[Reply]
Page 47 of 50
« First < 374344454647 484950 >
Up