ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 50
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:28 PM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I still love Man of Steel. Id love to know how much involvement Nolan had, because its worlds better than BvS
I've only seen Batman v. Superman UE and I think it' bad ass.

There's a whole Marvel vs. DC fan boy thing that I will never understand.

Marvel has made some bad movies, far worse than any in Snyder's universe, IMO.

Iron Man 2? Thor 2? Even The Avengers (which I've hated since I bought it on DVD after the initial release).

To me, they're rubbish. To others, the DC rubbish.

Live and let live.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:33 PM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Iron Man 2? Thor 2? Even The Avengers (which I've hated since I bought it on DVD after the initial release).

To me, they're rubbish. To others, the DC rubbish.

Live and let live.
Do you have any information if WB/DC will transition back to the John Williams Superman score? It got me pumped in theater hearing it sampled
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:37 PM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Do you have any information if WB/DC will transition back to the John Williams Superman score? It got me pumped in theater hearing it sampled
I wish I could say "Yes" but I can't.

DC is in a big transition right now, which *I* believe is wrong because they're finally getting to the point where they've carved out their center of the comic book universe.

Too many itchy trigger fingers.

That said, I found Danny Elfman's score to be far more subtle than I expected. He's usually so bombastic, which makes me question if there was a guiding hand behind him (not Williams but Johns & Company). Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a "bad" thing, just a little different for him.

My opinion is that they should continue on this trajectory, with Ben Affleck as Batman, and have Matt do his thing, separately, with Jake.

This film really worked for me and I think it would be a mistake to break up this cast and not continue with these stories.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:38 PM 11-18-2017
It was just under wonder woman for a good DC movie. There was lots to enjoy.

Any comic fan should see it. But lots of problems for me.
Cyborg CGI.
Steppenwolf CGI.
Batman having better jokes than flash.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:17 AM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Didn't 1980 Flash Gordon have one? Or maybe that was right before the credits rolled?
Had to go look. Right before the credits, about 19 seconds into this clip:

[Reply]
Rasputin 04:40 AM 11-19-2017
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:55 AM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Haven't seen this yet & probably won't in theaters but I did read that there is a post credits scene. If true, what exactly was featured in that scene? thanks in advance!
Ok a juicy pink inside ribeye steak

Spoiler!

Boom Ch Ka
[Reply]
Rausch 08:18 AM 11-19-2017

I'm not much of a DC comix fan. Always hated the Superman character.

I'll admit though that the last Superman movie is the first one I've actually liked. To me his conflict/character flaws made the character relatable instead of a 1950's boy scout.

At this point Marvel comix (not the films) have been completely ruined by politics. I'd prefer to spend that $$$ on watching a DC film...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:35 PM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The Williams theme is incredible and iconic no doubt. But I did like Zimmers new theme a lot too
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:24 PM 11-19-2017
Oh man, really enjoyed Justice League...I have hope for future dceu films! Not perfect, had flaws but the team. . That tease at the end though I'd give it an 8/10 ..behind WW for my favorite dc movie. I'm reallooking forward to what's next. Love the team and hope Affleck returns. The crowd seemed to enjoy it too. I'll probably go again.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:26 PM 11-19-2017
Avoid the critics, avoid Rotten Tomatoes and avoid any internet nonsense.

The movie was really, really enjoyable and I didn't find it too short, whatsoever.

I dig the look and production of these DC comics because they're very "stylized", which is obviously very different than Marvel but I personally prefer the DC movies to the Marvel films overall.

The only issue I had with the film was (read at your own risk):

Spoiler!
I def avoided critics but saw the RT score cause friends texted it...def does not deserve it. It should be much higher imo...glad you enjoyed it too!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:50 PM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
The crowd seemed to enjoy it too. I'll probably go again.
We had the rowdiest crowd, in a good way, that I can remember in a long, long time and that was at an 11:30am showing.

People clapping at certain scences and a huge roar and clapping at the end.

I’m not sure I’ll get to see it again in the theater but it’s a first day digital purchase on VUDU.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:43 PM 11-19-2017
It was pretty good. The biggest gripes from critics I could see; formulaic plot, one note villain, too much CGI. I still found myself enjoying it, thought Batman was kinda weakly written in this film with not enough action to do. Flash was the best, Aquaman was good, WW was WW, and Cyborg wasn't as robotic as I thought he would be, or looked in the trailers. Some things I left scratching my head on, but nothing that detracted from the overall film. I could see it in the 7-8/10 range. RT score is just critics bitching with a preconceived notion, you'll enjoy yourself. If you're worried about it, go see a matinee during the day so you don't spend as much money.
[Reply]
tk13 09:46 PM 11-19-2017
The weekend box office is disappointing. It made $96 million, which is a ton of money, but compared to other superhero films, even the other DC films, it's not really that great. Didn't even make as much on opening weekend as Suicide Squad, or Wonder Woman.

Hard to rationalize with a film that saw the greatest superheros of all time team up. Even 10 years ago, you would've assumed this would be a $200 million movie. Be curious to see where WB takes this thing now. Do they keep pressing on or do they just reboot the whole thing?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:21 AM 11-20-2017
I wish I could say "Yes" but I can't.

DC is in a big transition right now, which *I* believe is wrong because they're finally getting to the point where they've carved out their center of the comic book universe.

Too many itchy trigger fingers.

That said, I found Danny Elfman's score to be far more subtle than I expected. He's usually so bombastic, which makes me question if there was a guiding hand behind him (not Williams but Johns & Company). Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a "bad" thing, just a little different for him.

My opinion is that they should continue on this trajectory, with Ben Affleck as Batman, and have Matt do his thing, separately, with Jake.

This film really worked for me and I think it would be a mistake to break up this cast and not continue with these stories.
If and when WB does another Superman film I hope they get Sam Raimi to direct. He nailed SpiderMan 1&2. IMO, if they can convey the same sentiments that Raimi depicted in Spidey then it's a giant step in righting the ship.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 50
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up