[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:42 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
They're missing Vanity Fair's, which has one of my favorite lines:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-league-review
:-)
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 06:30 PM 11-15-2017
I figured it would be terrible, that's unfortunate. Should have canned Zach Snyder's ass the second Man of Steel came out as it was clear his vision of the DCU wasn't going to work.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:21 PM 11-15-2017
I've heard the plot and villain are light but the team is fun.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it, seeing it Sunday.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:23 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
I figured it would be terrible, that's unfortunate. Should have canned Zach Snyder's ass the second Man of Steel came out as it was clear his vision of the DCU wasn't going to work.
Did you like Wonder Woman? Iim hoping Aquaman is good
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:53 PM 11-15-2017
I couldn’t care less about reviews, as it’s become fashionable to bash DC (and blockbuster movies in general).

Seeing it Saturday with the fam with lunch afterwards, then a holiday party at the Greek.

It’ll be fun.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:06 PM 11-15-2017
Agreed. I’m far more interested in CP reviews than critics.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:30 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. I’m far more interested in CP reviews than critics.
CP overrated both BvS and Suicide Squad
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:19 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Did you like Wonder Woman? Iim hoping Aquaman is good
It was wasn't terrible.. the first "solid" DC film so far I think, but even then it was pretty cookie cutter and had its share of narrative problems (the "big reveal" was unearned and pretty stupid). Highly overrated if you ask me, but almost justifiable given Gadot's performance (versus the expectations). I think a plain cut-and-dry movie like WW somehow being DC's "breakthrough" film speaks more to the state of the DC cinematic universe than standalone praise.

Again, it's pretty sad state to be in when the objective for Warner Bros with big hitter titles like Justice League is "**** the story.. if we, at the very least, present somewhat likeable characters, then it's a success." They have the best minds in comics at their disposal with over half a century of established content to go off of.. the bar for these movies should be so much higher
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:05 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Virtually every review I remember reading blasted both those movies. Appropriately so.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:27 PM 11-15-2017
I think the Superhero thing is just so over-saturated between all of the spin off TV/Netflix series etc. DC has always been a Batman/Superman franchise and both characters have had their movies rebooted time and time over and over again. Seems like they're just now trying to play catch-up, but the boat left the dock about 10yrs ago.

And Ben Affleck just fuckin sucks in just about every movie he's ever been in. Whoever at WB/DC studios signed off on him being Batman needs to have their god damn sack cut off.
Want to fuck the franchise right up it's ass right out of the gate? Have Ben Affleck play Batman.

Didn't even bother to watch Suicide Squad whole way through. Got bored w/ it and turned if off about half-way through and didn't ever bother to watch the rest.

The only hope they have to put DCU on the map is to possibly have a Joker stand alone film. None of this Jared Leto Marilyn Manson emo-Joker bullshit, you have to be fucking kidding me.

I like the current Superman. But DC took 2 of their most iconic characters they have and completely fucked them both all to hell.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 11-16-2017

[Reply]
Rasputin 11:05 AM 11-16-2017
Anyone liked Superman Returns? It's on Spike right now. I liked it before at least somewhat. What anyone else thought of it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:09 AM 11-16-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Not fake news.

I watched both - actually BOUGHT both - based solely on this place. You ****ers owe me $40.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:54 PM 11-16-2017
40% on RT 144 reviews... metacritic 48 overall.

Funny a rolling Stone review by Travers is 63 on metacritic but is counted as rotten on RT.

Probably better than BVS but not as good as WW. Sounds like this movie should've been longer too.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 50
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up