ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 341
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:57 PM 04-04-2021
From Powder Valley

Why Is There a Primer Supply Shortage?
An article from our reloading experts
If you’ve tried to purchase ammo or reloading supplies lately, you’ve probably noticed a lot of products are out of stock. Of all the components needed to reload ammo, it seems primers are the toughest to find, prompting many reloaders to refer to the current crisis as “The Great Primer Shortage of 2020.” The primer supply shortage doesn’t just affect reloaders, though. It’s also limiting the production of many popular types of ammunition. This can be frustrating for shooters and hunters looking to keep their edge on the range, and can be concerning for preppers, survivalists, and others who are concerned about their safety.
We are in the midst of the greatest primer shortage of all time, and we don’t see things getting better anytime soon. Read on as the experts from Powder Valley delve deeper into the primer shortage of 2020.
[Reply]
ghak99 06:40 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
After taxes you're looking at or above,a buck a round here.
At those pricess, Im wondering if thier is a nitch for opening a business that will load custom ammo for any specific rifle you may own?
UPS dropped off a 100 count of Barns 50gr Varmint Grenades. I payed 28.00
I payed 30 bucks for a pound of H4895 and can get on average. 250 reloads in 223 out of 1 pound.
That adds up to right around 40 cents a round. And I can adjust bullet depth to whatever works best for whatever rifle Im reloading for. You cant get that from the major ammo suppliers.
I've bought some custom 10ga turkey loads several times over the years from a small company and have always wondered how they could afford the insurance.

I've never had a single issue with their shells or even heard of anyone who has, but I assume the liability must be sky high.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:43 PM 04-05-2021
Finally found and ordered a Ruger Mark IV Hunter.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:08 PM 04-05-2021
Great little shooters.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:29 AM 04-06-2021
Got an air rifle last week for back yard plinking and varmint control.

https://www.airforceairguns.com/The-...guns-s/104.htm

25 cal. Bought a 4500 PSI compressor to charge it. Takes about 5 min to get it up to 3000 psi.
It fires really quiet but the impact on target is a different story. At 3000 psi down to 1400 the pellet will fully penetrate a 2x4 with the gun set at 7 and higher at 30 yards. Very consistent grouping. Filling to 3000 psi will get me 30 shots before I refill the air tank.

Fun toy and much cheaper than taking the rifles to the range.

Building a "pellet trap" target box this weekend with ballistic gel on the interior to keep the neighbors from hearing impact.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:28 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just stopped by the local gun shop for shits and giggles. It's no better. All they had were some obscure shotgun shells and 300 black out. :-)
Checked another local shop today. At least they had some pistol ammo, although it wasn't what I needed. I asked about primers and the guy said they hadn't got any in for a year.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:30 PM 04-06-2021
That is one bad ass air gun.
I have a Beeman RS-2 in 22 caliber.
Ive taken out 3 huge Omaha city racoons and countless squirrels with it. The best part?

Its totally legal in Douglas county.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:33 PM 04-06-2021
Checked another local shop today. At least they had some pistol ammo, although it wasn't what I needed. I asked about primers and the guy said they hadn't got any in for a year.
Slowly but surely. Ammo is hitting the shelves.
Primers are definitely the hardest thing to find right now.
People are actually making vids on YouTube on how to take the old caps we played with as kids and using them to reload spent primers.. Im not that desperate yet.
But Im getting close.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:41 PM 04-06-2021
Slowly but surely. Ammo is hitting the shelves.
Primers are definitely the hardest thing to find right now.
People are actually making vids on YouTube on how to take the old caps we played with as kids and using them to reload spent primers.. Im not that desperate yet.
But Im getting close.
The guy at the gun shop said that all the companies that make primers also make ammo, and there's such a high demand for ammo right now that all their primers are going to that. In normal times, they sell their surplus primers, but right now, and apparently for the foreseeable future, there are no surplus primers.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:58 PM 04-06-2021
That is pretty much what Guns Unlimited here in Omaha is saying to.
Check your rep in minute.
[Reply]
stumppy 04-07-2021, 03:11 PM
This message has been deleted by stumppy. Reason: Damn pic won't upload
driver2 02:38 AM 04-08-2021
I get a different story everywhere I go, about the shortage. The only consistent thing is, it"s being caused by new gun owners. I've heard 3 or 4 different numbers, anywhere from 2 mil to 20 mil new owners in the last few years. Can anybody confirm this.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:17 AM 04-08-2021
Head salesman, where I shop for guns, said about last summer.

We had record sales across the board. Lots of woman buying hand guns and what do you call those young men that wear a Cock Ring in their earlobes?
We sold a lot of AR platforms to them and the brothers.

The left is arming itself.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:30 AM 04-08-2021
Head salesman, where I shop for guns, said about last summer.

We had record sales across the board. Lots of woman buying hand guns and what do you call those young men that wear a Cock Ring in their earlobes?
We sold a lot of AR platforms to them and the brothers.

The left is arming itself.
Too bad they can't get any ammo. :-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:35 AM 04-08-2021
Even if they find it. I doubt they can afford to buy it.
[Reply]
Otter 08:43 AM 04-08-2021
Too bad they can't get any ammo. :-)
And can they hit what they're shooting at?
[Reply]
Page 291 of 341
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Up