ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 283 of 341
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:35 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Looking for info on ruger old army pistol were they all black powder ?or did they make a center fire cartridge? I know they make conversion cylinder for them also read that they quit making them in 08 . Having trouble finding info about them on this ph and ran across one for sale , it shoots a 45 long colt from what I’ve read is same dimensions as the 44 black powder ball? I don’t know shit about them but wouldn’t mind owning one just not interested in cap an ball
They're the best of the best as far as reproduction black powders go. I have one loaded that I keep inside my role top desk.
Yes. The 45 long colt is the conversion. Just make sure the drop in cylinder can shoot smokeless powder or black powder. I own many BP revolves, but none with the drop in conversion.

You'll find or can ask any questions here and get answers.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...lackpowder.12/
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:45 PM 02-20-2021
Also. If you shoot Black Powder or any of its substitutes?
You must clean them the same day or they will be a rusty mess the next time you look at it.
And oil. Keep it good and oiled.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:35 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
They're the best of the best as far as reproduction black powders go. I have one loaded that I keep inside my role top desk.
Yes. The 45 long colt is the conversion. Just make sure the drop in cylinder can shoot smokeless powder or black powder. I own many BP revolves, but none with the drop in conversion.

You'll find or can ask any questions here and get answers.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...lackpowder.12/
Thanks for your help I appreciate it as I don’t know anything about black powder . I bought it this afternoon and plan on immediately putting the conversion cylinder in it. I’ve always dug the looks of the navy/army revolver didn’t realize till just recently you could convert them.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:45 PM 02-20-2021
IIRC the conversion is only a 5 shot?

Also. There should be notches on the cyl that are inbetween the chambers. Those are there so you can load all six chambers and drop the hammer on the middle notch. Safety notch. If your cyl doesn't have the safety notch and you want to leave the gun loaded. You always leave one chamber empty to rest the hammer on.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:48 PM 02-20-2021
45 long colt Cowboy loads.
Read up on those.

And post a pic. Id like to take a look at her.
BP guns. Need no FFL. And are mailed to your residence no questions asked.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:55 PM 02-20-2021
IIRC the conversion is only a 5 shot?

Also. There should be notches on the cyl that are inbetween the chambers. Those are there so you can load all six chambers and drop the hammer on the middle notch. Safety notch. If your cyl doesn't have the safety notch and you want to leave the gun loaded. You always leave one chamber empty to rest the hammer on.
Yep I’ve alway left the hammer down on empty chamber, grew up watching to many westerns lol.Have you ever done the conversion? Is it simply dropping in the cylinder? Haven’t had a chance to read the link you provided.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:08 PM 02-20-2021
I dont remember ever shooting one with a conversion.
None of mine have them. I use zigzags and role the powder and ball into the Zigzag. Other time I just role up the powder charge in the Zigzag.
Reloading this way is easy and a lot quicker out at the range. Ive been shooting BP since about 76.
When a BP club would come out to our Threshing machine shows. They'd let us kids shoot the pocket 32s and the 36 Navy's. My Pops didnt care. So Id stay there all day and shoot as much as those guys would let me.
I was hooked at a young age. A San Marco replica Colt Walker was the 1st BP I ever owned. Wish I still had that coal burner.
[Reply]
R Clark 06:13 PM 02-20-2021
I bought a box of them 45 long colt cowboy loads , boy will they make you pucker box of 50 was 90 bucks
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:21 PM 02-20-2021
Oh Jesus Christ.
Go buy a used single stage press and a set a lc45 dies and reload.
Triple 7 if you ever use it? Should be a reduced powder charge of 10% ........ All other powders work with manufacturers recommended max powder loads
[Reply]
R Clark 06:27 PM 02-20-2021
45 long colt Cowboy loads.
Read up on those.

And post a pic. Id like to take a look at her.
BP guns. Need no FFL. And are mailed to your residence no questions asked.
I bought it and walked out of the store, no background check
[Reply]
R Clark 06:29 PM 02-20-2021
I’ll post a picture here in a bit , tied up with grand kids at the moment
[Reply]
R Clark 06:30 PM 02-20-2021
Oh Jesus Christ.
Go buy a used single stage press and a set a lc45 dies and reload.
Triple 7 if you ever use it? Should be a reduced powder charge of 10% ........ All other powders work with manufacturers recommended max powder loads
I’ll get back to you on this
[Reply]
Bwana 08:25 PM 02-20-2021
Permitless concealed carry of firearms is now legal in Montana, changes coming to university campuses.

https://www.ktvq.com/news/permitless...rsity-campuses
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:29 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Permitless concealed carry of firearms is now legal in Montana, changes coming to university campuses.

https://www.ktvq.com/news/permitless...rsity-campuses
Could've sworn they already did that.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:34 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Could've sworn they already did that.

Nope, the boys in Helena just passed it.
[Reply]
Page 283 of 341
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Up