ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 243 of 341
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:29 PM 09-27-2020
LOL.

I fired my 223 AR one time without ear plugs. Nope. I had a buddy let me shoot his .45 one time. Made it 1 shot without plugs.

In a combat situation, especially a guerrilla one, I totally get it. But man it sucks.

My dad isn’t particularly different. Just rather than guns it was fucking cabless tractors, cars, airplanes, and little motors. Not fat boy. Fat boy always has ear plugs. Few times I’ve been in a hurry spraying and didn’t put them in and listened to that goddamned transfer pump all day (and that sprayer was particularly noisy) and got done thinking WTF was I doing?

Fat boy wears ear plugs.

I will say there is probably value in shooting my nightstand gun without plugs. Because if that ever happens there won’t be plugs. I just haven’t done it yet.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:04 PM 09-27-2020
The last time I shot with my Air Force buddy we were at an unsupervised range and he didn't bother with ear plugs for the same reason (he also found it disconcerting firing a rifle that didn't have a three round burst). I wore mine initially, but then took mine off as well; hell, I lost my hearing in the gunshot register a long time ago, so at this point what difference does it make? I shot for years without hearing protection, although obviously now I regret it. Just wasn't a thing out in rural Missouri back in the 70s and 80s.

Of course, everywhere I shoot up here requires them.

And I too say "huh?" to the wife a lot. Of course, half the time I hear what she says and just ignore it. It's a very convenient excuse. :-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:24 PM 09-27-2020
I have been using Walker noise canceling ear muffs. I hate them. too bulky
I just ordered decibullz custom molded earplugs.
https://www.decibullz.com

They are made in Fort Collins CO so I figured I would try to support a CO company.

I shot my 12 guage bull pup last weekend. Forgot my ear muffs the first pull.
Not fun
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:30 PM 09-27-2020
Yeah, When I'm at the range - it's Howard Leight Impact Sport. However, when I'm in Wyoming, I don't really pay any attention - unless I'm shooting the 7mm Mauser. That bitch is LOUD!
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:35 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The last time I shot with my Air Force buddy we were at an unsupervised range and he didn't bother with ear plugs for the same reason (he also found it disconcerting firing a rifle that didn't have a three round burst). I wore mine initially, but then took mine off as well; hell, I lost my hearing in the gunshot register a long time ago, so at this point what difference does it make? I shot for years without hearing protection, although obviously now I regret it. Just wasn't a thing out in rural Missouri back in the 70s and 80s.

Of course, everywhere I shoot up here requires them.

And I too say "huh?" to the wife a lot. Of course, half the time I hear what she says and just ignore it. It's a very convenient excuse. :-)

I'l never forget one TDY at Fort Knox. I was doing an investigation at the Armor Engineer Board. Went with a CID investigator to one of the Tank ranges to speak with a 1st Sergeant.

We did our thing - and he asks me if I'd like to take a shot downrange with a SABOT round in the tube. I figured "Hell! Why not?" Climbed up on the M60A1, slid down in the turret and he had me sit in the gunners seat. Loader puts a round in the tube and yells "Up!"

I aimed at a PC about 3/4 mile down rage and hit the button....HOLY SHIT!! I knew then, they could take the MOS of tanker and shove it up their ass........ :-). Did hit the PC however.... :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 02:39 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I have been using Walker noise canceling ear muffs. I hate them. too bulky
I just ordered decibullz custom molded earplugs.
https://www.decibullz.com

They are made in Fort Collins CO so I figured I would try to support a CO company.

I shot my 12 guage bull pup last weekend. Forgot my ear muffs the first pull.
Not fun
What did they charge you for the molded ears? Vendor at the gun club had a table set up selling them yesterday. Injected the compound in your ears while malleable then it set up as a perfect molded fit. $100. Said you can get them at the ear doc for $300.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:03 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What did they charge you for the molded ears? Vendor at the gun club had a table set up selling them yesterday. Injected the compound in your ears while malleable then it set up as a perfect molded fit. $100. Said you can get them at the ear doc for $300.
I bought some shit from Cabela’s years ago that had 2 parts like epoxy. Wasn’t worth a shit.

It better be better than that.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:19 PM 09-27-2020
Remington Asset Bids Revealed:
Ruger Gets Marlin, Vista Gets Remington Ammo, Franklin Armory Gets Bushmaster, Sierra Gets Barnes
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:51 PM 09-27-2020
Remington is folding?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:02 PM 09-27-2020
75 bucks. You heat them up and mold them yourself.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:35 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Remington is folding?
Its in a bad spot for sure.
Read some headline that made it sound like the Sandy Hook families that sued and won.
Will get screwed.. Small victory.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:38 PM 09-27-2020
WSJ.com

Franklin Resources Inc. made a big bet on gun maker Remington Outdoor Co. that cost its investors hundreds of millions of dollars. Now, a way out of the trade has drawn the investment manager into conflict with families of the Sandy Hook shooting victims.

Remington is being auctioned off in bankruptcy court this week after years of financial trouble that have already cost Franklin about $250 million in losses, according to people familiar with the matter. The auction would let Franklin get some money back for its investment clients.

But families who lost children in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting said the auction is an attempt to derail their continuing lawsuit against Remington.

A group of the families alleges the gun maker marketed weapons like the Bushmaster AR-15 style gun used in the Sandy Hook shooting to youths. The group is seeking financial damages as well as a full accounting of Remington’s marketing strategy for Bushmaster. Remington has said its rifle is popular for hunting, self-defense and competitions and that the lawsuit threatens “to destroy an industry that makes lawful products whose possession and use the Constitution specifically protects.”

The bankruptcy auction, as proposed, would let the gun maker sell itself “free and clear,” meaning its new owners would have no obligation to the families, the group said.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:24 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I bought some shit from Cabela’s years ago that had 2 parts like epoxy. Wasn’t worth a shit.

It better be better than that.
2 part epoxy mix? I’d be a little afraid to put that in my ears:-).
I was curious how well the ones they were selling worked but not $100 curious. I don’t want all sound blocked out anyway, I like the noise cancelling ears.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:26 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
75 bucks. You heat them up and mold them yourself.
I’m curious to hear how they work if you feel like giving a review once you’ve tried them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:58 PM 09-27-2020
2 part epoxy mix? I’d be a little afraid to put that in my ears:-).
I was curious how well the ones they were selling worked but not $100 curious. I don’t want all sound blocked out anyway, I like the noise cancelling ears.
My BIL has some headphones that work nice. But it like amplified the sound of my breathing. That was kind of wired. But overall they really did a nice job of blocking the sound when the gun goes off.

I’m too cheap for that though. Here’s what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/R-3M-10080529...earsoft&sr=8-5

I leave them in most of the day when I’m spraying. I can hear the radio in the rig, talk on the phone. Whatever. Just takes the edge off the loud shit. Works for me.
[Reply]
Page 243 of 341
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Up