ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1004 of 1207
« First < 450490495499410001001100210031004 1005100610071008101410541104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:08 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Are you make scratch mole or buying canned enchilada sauce? This gal makes a quick mole for chicken enchiladas I have used and like well because its fast. I have used dried ancho chilli peppers or Hatch if you can find them. The hardest thing for me was finding the Mexican chocolate. Only difference is I bake them with cheeses of my choice.

A really good one takes a bit more time Is the blond Gal who runs the Americas test kitchen. I cant find the video now but I posted it here before just dont know the thread.

I dont like any of the canned even in Mexican groceries.
Mole chicken is the best. Or mole chicken enchiladas.

I've been ordering the chocolate. This is what I've been using:
https://www.amazon.com/Rey-Amargo-Me...508355&sr=8-15

Might be some better stuff out there, but I found this on Amazon and just order it because it's good enough.
[Reply]
srvy 08:18 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Mole chicken is the best. Or mole chicken enchiladas.

I've been ordering the chocolate. This is what I've been using:
https://www.amazon.com/Rey-Amargo-Me...508355&sr=8-15

Might be some better stuff out there, but I found this on Amazon and just order it because it's good enough.
Well hell that makes it easier than driving all over town.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:25 PM 05-14-2020
Well hell that makes it easier than driving all over town.
Heh, yeah. I did the drive all over creation thing a couple times before my gf asked, "why don't you just order it?" I mumbled something to save face, then went on Amazon and ordered a couple packages. But I told her I found them at some local carniceria. You know, just because.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:26 PM 05-14-2020
Are you make scratch mole or buying canned enchilada sauce? This gal makes a quick mole for chicken enchiladas I have used and like well because its fast. I have used dried ancho chilli peppers or Hatch if you can find them. The hardest thing for me was finding the Mexican chocolate. Only difference is I bake them with cheeses of my choice.

A really good one takes a bit more time Is the blond Gal who runs the Americas test kitchen. I cant find the video now but I posted it here before just dont know the thread.

I dont like any of the canned even in Mexican groceries.
Would...
[Reply]
srvy 08:49 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Heh, yeah. I did the drive all over creation thing a couple times before my gf asked, "why don't you just order it?" I mumbled something to save face, then went on Amazon and ordered a couple packages. But I told her I found them at some local carniceria. You know, just because.
IWhen I get the notion I want to make it now. That's my spur of the moment personality I will order and keep on hand.
[Reply]
srvy 08:51 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Would...
I would too after I eat the enchiladas. That way if I wound up pissing her off well I ate good. Priorities I guess.
[Reply]
threebag 08:52 PM 05-14-2020
I have tried a bunch of canned. FMB turned me into a chili gravy type enchilada sauce. I liked it. If it’s a red sauce it’s always been “they taste like tea”

Hell I even have prepped my shells a bunch of different ways. Thinking that might make a difference. I just don’t taste what he thinks might be tea. :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:21 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I wish I could make a good enchilada. Every time I think I have it my son says it taste like tea, I’m like WTF???
Your kid drinks too much taa
[Reply]
Sorce 06:48 AM 05-15-2020
Wife brought me back a jar of this red sauce from a work trip. We've since ordered a case. It's really good but also really spicy.

https://monroeschile.com/shop/page/2/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
burt 08:29 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Would...
Wood.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I wish I could make a good enchilada. Every time I think I have it my son says it taste like tea, I’m like WTF???
If anyone can figure out a way to keep enchiladas from turning into mush, I'd be on board.

The first 1/2 of a chicken enchilada with a good sour cream sauce and a salsa verde is just damn good. But by the end of it the tortilla has turned to a sponge and I'm just ready to be done with it. And they don't re-heat worth a damn so I'm not making a 9x13 tray of them or anything; 8x8 and toss what's left.

They just look/smell so damn good but their shelf life is crap. Best thought I can come up with is maybe roasting corn tortillas to firm up the outsides a bit, but then they're less enchiladas and more street tacos. I just don't think there's an answer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:56 AM 05-15-2020
First, make sure you're using a quality tortilla. Second, try dipping in your sauce then frying briefly in a pan or skillet before assembling. Won't completely solve reheating them but should be an improvement.

That's how the tortilleria in my grocery store does them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
First, make sure you're using a quality tortilla. Second, try dipping in your sauce then frying briefly in a pan or skillet before assembling. Won't completely solve reheating them but should be an improvement.

That's how the tortilleria in my grocery store does them.
Hmmm....interesting idea.

So by dipping in the sauce first, you semi-saturate it before you toss it in the pan and 're-crisp' it by frying it?

The theory seems sound.

Thankya sir.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:27 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hmmm....interesting idea.

So by dipping in the sauce first, you semi-saturate it before you toss it in the pan and 're-crisp' it by frying it?

The theory seems sound.

Thankya sir.
Right. The sauce thickens into barrier paste around it as well. Messy as hell to assemble though.
[Reply]
threebag 12:16 PM 05-15-2020
I usually flash fry my tortilla then sauce and roll fillings. I will definitely try the other way around.
[Reply]
Page 1004 of 1207
« First < 450490495499410001001100210031004 1005100610071008101410541104 > Last »
Up